Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Weird falling bug

Here you can find all verified bugs in SFD.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Faaking Jhesus
SFD Alias: jajajaja sadasdjasiojd
Started SFD: When it was fun
Weird falling bug

Post by Venom » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:55 pm

I couldn't manage to get a clip recording but this bug happens when you fall from a height and supposed to take damage but if you land on just the edge of a box or crate or barrel your player gently slips down taking no damage, no animations change.

I will update this post when i try to get clip recording for that. im trying to do it but it happens only when its not done on purpose :mrgreen:
1 x
YOU FAAKING BITH NIGR BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO YOU ARE FAAKING YOUR FAAKING LIFE

IF YOU FAAKING FAAKING WITH TIME I WILL FAAKING COME AND KILL YOU BITH YOU DED :evil:

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:57 pm

Venom wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:55 pm
I couldn't manage to get a clip recording but this bug happens when you fall from a height and supposed to take damage but if you land on just the edge of a box or crate or barrel your player gently slips down taking no damage, no animations change.

I will update this post when i try to get clip recording for that. im trying to do it but it happens only when its not done on purpose :mrgreen:
I know well this shit, I have unintentionally tried out it too in many situations with the result of a lot of laugh and incredulity from those who assisted.
These kind of problems cannot be managed, as Gurt said in some other similar situations (and I think it's not wrong to suppose that this problem is another one of this kind):
Gurt wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:49 pm
Pretty much the same problematic as described here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2276
Something we'll have to live with in SFD as SFD isn't deterministic due to randomness in both the box2D engine and other factors, like FPS and ping.
0 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:08 am

Venom wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:55 pm

Ye , i knew about this one , i used it sooo many times actually... And im not waiting for fixing of this bug , because it's still works sometimes :twisted:
You can find this bug by this link(old record) and actually , there's two types of this bug... : LINK
0 x
-Content-maker.