Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Bug while pushing a corner

Here you can find all verified bugs in SFD.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Bug while pushing a corner

Post by Noble » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:26 pm

That may be one of the bugs classified as known by players but not by devs. This occurs since always, in pre-alpha, and it's a bug that happen in that part of the map Melee Island 1.7. If you keep pressing up and left, the character will stay there floating in this corner. I don't know if someone ever reported this.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:50 am

"and it's a bug that happen in that part of the map Melee Island 1.7."
 ! Message from: Gurt
If the bug is related to custom map-making then include a download link to the map illustrating the problem.
The map should be bare-bone - only include what's necessary in the map to illustrate the problem.
1 x
Gurt

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:02 pm

Noble wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:26 pm

That may be one of the bugs classified as known by players but not by devs. This occurs since always, in pre-alpha, and it's a bug that happen in that part of the map Melee Island 1.7. If you keep pressing up and left, the character will stay there floating in this corner. I don't know if someone ever reported this.
I checked the map and I can say that this is caused because the player is trying to ledge grab the LedgeGrab tile placed on the opposite side.
If I remove the transversal tile I will, in fact, get my player to grab the corner.
In my opinion there isn't much to do to avoid this behaviour with thin tiles, the only idea I have is to give the LedgeGrabTile a grab direction in order to allow grabs only on one side.
Last edited by JakSparro98 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:26 pm

A direction ledge-grab is the better way to solve this if you indeed need to use thin walls. I suggest the author of the map to designing a thicker wall so you can't reach the opposite ledge-grab for now :).
0 x
Gurt

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:01 am

Gurt wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:26 pm
I suggest the author of the map to designing a thicker wall so you can't reach the opposite ledge-grab for now :).
I daresay this map is at least one of the 5 most played maps in the game besides Officials and 've been around for many years, which is why I think this bug is a well known bug that've been apparently never reported. You were able to do something similar as this in elevators, climbing the top of it from inside but I think this was fixed. That's why I didn't think this bug is specific from that map.
► Show Spoiler
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:20 am

Noble wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:01 am
You were able to do something similar as this in elevators, climbing the top of it from inside but I think this was fixed.
I still manage to do it sometimes. :lol:
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 pm

JakSparro98 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:20 am
Noble wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:01 am
You were able to do something similar as this in elevators, climbing the top of it from inside but I think this was fixed.
I still manage to do it sometimes. :lol:
I don't remember it being fixed. :)
1 x
Gurt

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 pm
I don't remember it being fixed. :)
Me neither, I thought He was sure that the bug was posted and marked as fixed, I was also convinced I had forgotten it in some old post over time.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:50 pm

Partially fixed for the release version. Pushing a corner with a ledge grab will drop you and prevent you from re-grabbing the ledge grab.
Leaving this bug open as some sort of direction is needed for ledge grabs on small walls which we haven't added yet.
5 x
Gurt