Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Speedhacks with big latency

All reported bugs that's actually by design.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Faaking Jhesus
SFD Alias: jajajaja sadasdjasiojd
Started SFD: When it was fun
Speedhacks with big latency

Post by Venom » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:21 am

My antivirus update was downloading and i joined a local server which was nearby to my location. Still i was having 2000 ping. That was usual but i
could notice a difference this time.

The game speed changed by itself, something like x2 of the usual. I found i could sprint really fast and every movement was faster than usual. but it went down automatically even the ping was same or around 1000. I couldn't get a video recording for that. I'll post and update it later.

I think this has happened since i played the Beta. Never happened in the Alpha versions.
0 x
YOU FAAKING BITH NIGR BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO YOU ARE FAAKING YOUR FAAKING LIFE

IF YOU FAAKING FAAKING WITH TIME I WILL FAAKING COME AND KILL YOU BITH YOU DED :evil:

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:49 pm

When the server loading takes a lot of time, the game will become 'apparentally' really fast, like your screen is trying to reach what is really happening in the server, so you'll move fast and teleport around the map (for others). At least that's how I've always identified that. Usually, it occurs in the beginning of a match and when the problem is the host connection, and everyone there will see and be confused by that speed.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Venom wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:21 am
My antivirus update was downloading and i joined a local server which was nearby to my location. Still i was having 2000 ping. That was usual but i
could notice a difference this time.

The game speed changed by itself, something like x2 of the usual. I found i could sprint really fast and every movement was faster than usual. but it went down automatically even the ping was same or around 1000. I couldn't get a video recording for that. I'll post and update it later.

I think this has happened since i played the Beta. Never happened in the Alpha versions.
This is also known as frame skipping, the server try to reconcile your current game state to the actual server's game state by repeating the things happened up to that point but speeding them in the process.

In other words, this is almost surely caused by inconsistent lag, demonstrated by the fact that your network was busy on other services (your antivirus update).
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:01 pm

This has been around since the first versions of the game.
If the client thinks it's lagging behind it will try to speed up and vice versa. It's not optimal in SFD but as long as you don't have any sever network jitter it's OK.
0 x
Gurt