Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Infinite ammo bug when throwing?

All reported bugs that's actually by design.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Jovani
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Heroe
SFD Account: Jovani
SFD Alias: Johnny
Started SFD: 2014
Infinite ammo bug when throwing?

Post by Jovani » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:43 am

Melee weapons lose durability when thrown at someone, while using them to attack do not lose durability.

0 x
-I hope one day to have green ping on most servers...
-SFD is a good game that inspired people to make friends, be artists and "YouTubers". I hope one day SFD becomes famous and everyone recognizes it.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:56 am

A thrown item use the same rules as all other objects in the world. There is no "infinite ammo" on objects in the world (or you wouldn't be able to destroy crates with the /ia 1 cheat on). The "/infinite ammo" command is a cheat and originally only intended for ammo consuming ranged weapons. It doesn't really apply to melee weapons at all (it's just a hack that it does apply to durability for melee weapons while holding them).
0 x
Gurt

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:56 pm

@Jovani
I want to conclude by saying that if you need some sort of infinite melee weapons durability for your maps or as an extension, just post your request inside the ScriptAPI section.
0 x