Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

ALPHA 1.0.0 is here!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
User avatar
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:02 pm
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time
Gender:
Age: 28
Contact:

ALPHA 1.0.0 is here!

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:29 pm

NOTE! To update, you need to uninstall your current version of SFD and download the Alpha installer here.

-You can now log in to your MythoLogic Interactive account in the launcher.
-New move: Grabbing! NOTE: This is the first version of the grab and certainly not the last! We await your feedback to this brand new feature.
*When unarmed or holding a melee weapon, press attack and block simultaneously to charge forward. You will grab the first enemy you run into.
*After you have grabbed an enemy you can punch him by pressing attack or throw him by pressing block.
*You can also grab corpses by pressing Down while charging.
-New makeshift weapons: Trashbag, Trashcan Lid.
-New host options:
*A new option called "account validation", which only lets logged-in players join your game.
*You can now host a game using IPv6.
*You can now protect your game with a password.
*You can now host multiple server using different ports.
*You can now easily enable/disable extension scripts through the host options. Enabled extension scripts will be visible in the Game Info panel.
-The /ban command now bans by account ID if the player is logged in, otherwise by IP address as before.
-Cleaned up commands and fixed a bunch of bugs related to different commands.
-Getting hit by many melee attacks over a short period of time now makes you immune to melee stuns for a short time.
-Added new spawn clusters to several maps.
-East Warehouse: you can now reach the rightmost ladder from the ground.
-Fixed a bug where grabbing another melee weapon while blocking would instantly swap the melee weapons.
-Fixed a bug that caused made weapons invisible when picking up another weapon while rolling in throwing mode.
-Fixed a bug causing your equipped weapon to disappear when switching to an empty weapon slot while in throwing mode.
-Fixed a bug where players would not stagger through portals correctly.
-Adjusted crit damage on silenced pistol and uzi to be the same as the normal damage.
-Fixed a bug where players who joined at the end of a round couldn't win the following round.
-Fixed a bug causing the diving to end when trying to dive over objects on platforms.
-Other fixes and tweaks.

Map Editor
-It is now possible to run Events.UpdateCallback a fixed number of times before it automatically stop itself.
+The /give and /remove commands can now be run via the Game.RunCommand() method.
-Extension scripts can now have a author and a description that will be visible for other players to see. Header information can be appended via the Script window in the Map Editor.
 ! Message from: Gurt
Superfighters Deluxe will no longer work on Windows XP!
14 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

User avatar
Formel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:42 pm
Title: Not drunk enough
SFD Alias: Col. Kelly Formel
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.2
Location: Somewhere out in space
Gender:
Age: 25

Post by Formel » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:35 pm

I thought I'll never see the Alpha. I'm drinking this can of beer (wich you might not see) for you. Cheers!
1 x
Regin of doom! Deciver of fools! Alcoholic! Bad puns included.

User avatar
gwendalaze
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:55 pm
Title: Jarate Yellow Belt
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.4
Location: France

Post by gwendalaze » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:01 pm

I noticed a bug that happens when you try to update without having administrator privileges : the game repeatedly and fastly create an error box which state that I don't have admin privileges, which lead to a obvious crash
2 x
- Gwendalaze, failing at being fun, just like this signature

User avatar
kennoley
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:47 am
Started SFD: 1.8.1
Gender:

Post by kennoley » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:01 pm

Great Update, gonna take some time getting used to the grabbing though
0 x
The Purple Pimp

User avatar
Formel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:42 pm
Title: Not drunk enough
SFD Alias: Col. Kelly Formel
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.2
Location: Somewhere out in space
Gender:
Age: 25

Post by Formel » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:05 pm

Ok, grab is uncomfortable. I'd prefer separate button for it. Like, R? A+D doesn't work quite well.
7 x
Regin of doom! Deciver of fools! Alcoholic! Bad puns included.

User avatar
Bash Kraken
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:49 pm
Title: Action Hero Extraordinaire
SFD Alias: Bash Kraken
Started SFD: December 2012
Location: Post-Apocalyptic East Coast - U.S.
Gender:

Post by Bash Kraken » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:07 pm

I have noticed right away that the grab is very hard to input. For this reason, I think that there should be an optional grab key in the key bindings.
Something like this:

Use Optional Grab Key: Yes/No
(Then, once "Yes" has been selected in the dropdown box, the option to bind grab appears)
Grab: - Press Key -
1 x
heck
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

User avatar
TimeWorker
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:57 am
Title: TiME TrAVleR
SFD Alias: ClockWorker
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.1
Location: Time (ofc)
Gender:
Age: 2
Contact:

Post by TimeWorker » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:17 pm

Connection to mythologicinteractive could not be established

Please help me

Added in 3 minutes 53 seconds:
The .NET Framework 4.5 is not supported on this operating system.

Don't tell me that SFD don't work on windows XP now
0 x
DoNt FoRgEt WhAT TiME It IS!!!![/fade][/color][/shadow]

User avatar
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:22 pm
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!
Location: Sweden
Gender:
Age: 28

Post by Gurt » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:20 pm

Formel wrote:Ok, grab is uncomfortable. I'd prefer separate button for it. Like, R? A+D doesn't work quite well.
There's a pretty lengthy cooldown on the grab. Repeatedly trying to grab won't trigger it any faster (so you will either block or punch depending on your input). So we can understand the confusion going on here. Early tests with poor ping showed us that pressing two keys at the same time shouldn't be any problems. But the reload button is a nice interesting option for the grab as the reload button doesn't do anything in melee so that would be a nice option or default button.
5 x
Gurt

User avatar
TimeWorker
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:57 am
Title: TiME TrAVleR
SFD Alias: ClockWorker
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.1
Location: Time (ofc)
Gender:
Age: 2
Contact:

Post by TimeWorker » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:24 pm

SuperFighters Deluxe.exe is not a valid win32 application

Is this real world right now?
0 x
DoNt FoRgEt WhAT TiME It IS!!!![/fade][/color][/shadow]

User avatar
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:22 pm
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!
Location: Sweden
Gender:
Age: 28

Post by Gurt » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:24 pm

TimeWorker wrote:The .NET Framework 4.5 is not supported on this operating system.

Don't tell me that SFD don't work on windows XP now
The system requirements for the Alpha has been updated and as a consequence:
 ! Message from: Gurt
Superfighters Deluxe doesn't work on Windows XP anymore.
We strongly advice to update your windows version as Windows XP isn't actively updated anymore by Microsoft.
1 x
Gurt

User avatar
TimeWorker
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:57 am
Title: TiME TrAVleR
SFD Alias: ClockWorker
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.1
Location: Time (ofc)
Gender:
Age: 2
Contact:

Post by TimeWorker » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Bye Game till I get a new PC dunno how long it will take
Remember me Guys
Cya
Bye
3 x
DoNt FoRgEt WhAT TiME It IS!!!![/fade][/color][/shadow]

User avatar
Formel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:42 pm
Title: Not drunk enough
SFD Alias: Col. Kelly Formel
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.2
Location: Somewhere out in space
Gender:
Age: 25

Post by Formel » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Gurt wrote:
Formel wrote:Ok, grab is uncomfortable. I'd prefer separate button for it. Like, R? A+D doesn't work quite well.
There's a pretty lengthy cooldown on the grab. Repeatedly trying to grab won't trigger it any faster (so you will either block or punch depending on your input). So we can understand the confusion going on here. Early tests with poor ping showed us that pressing two keys at the same time shouldn't be any problems. But the reload button is a nice interesting option for the grab as the reload button doesn't do anything in melee so that would be a nice option or default button.
Problem is - I had tried to press it at the same time (and I'm sure I didn't triggered grab yet) and nothing. Maybe problem is in my keyboard? It is quite old... Also, it is hard to make fighter do grab in common ADAD. It just doesn't trigger. I think single-button-grab may fix it.
1 x
Regin of doom! Deciver of fools! Alcoholic! Bad puns included.

Kerrus
Meatbag
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:28 pm
Title: That weirdo.
SFD Alias: Kereng
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.9.0
Location: Russia,Moscow
Gender:

Post by Kerrus » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:31 pm

I love what you guys did here,but:
1.Can you please make components installation optional?I already had everything needed for playing SFD before the installation.
2.I dunno why,I can't log into my account in launcher.I already activated it and were able to login on site before.Am I the only one with such problem?
0 x

User avatar
kennoley
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:47 am
Started SFD: 1.8.1
Gender:

Post by kennoley » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:33 pm

:| Alpha 1.0.1??? I just got an update
0 x
The Purple Pimp

User avatar
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:22 pm
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!
Location: Sweden
Gender:
Age: 28

Post by Gurt » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:33 pm

Formel wrote:
Gurt wrote:
Formel wrote:Ok, grab is uncomfortable. I'd prefer separate button for it. Like, R? A+D doesn't work quite well.
There's a pretty lengthy cooldown on the grab. Repeatedly trying to grab won't trigger it any faster (so you will either block or punch depending on your input). So we can understand the confusion going on here. Early tests with poor ping showed us that pressing two keys at the same time shouldn't be any problems. But the reload button is a nice interesting option for the grab as the reload button doesn't do anything in melee so that would be a nice option or default button.
Problem is - I had tried to press it at the same time (and I'm sure I didn't triggered grab yet) and nothing. Maybe problem is in my keyboard? It is quite old... Also, it is hard to make fighter do grab in common ADAD. It just doesn't trigger. I think single-button-grab may fix it.
Yes - another problem we might detect now is keyboard ghosting. Pressing A+D might only work if no other buttons are pressed on certain keyboards. You can try if you can press A+D at the same time here: https://www.microsoft.com/appliedscienc ... gDemo.aspx.
Kerrus wrote:I love what you guys did here,but:
1.Can you please make components installation optional?I already had everything needed for playing SFD before the installation.
2.I dunno why,I can't log into my account in launcher.I already activated it and were able to login on site before.Am I the only one with such problem?
1: Installing components are optional. Simply press "Cancel" or "Don't Install" or "Exit" when prompted to install .NET 4.5, XNA 4.0 and Direct X 9.0c
2: Some sort of error message would probably be displayed. Maybe you need to add SFD as an exception to any firewalls (Launcher, game and server .exe files). Check your anti-virus too. Other programs are designed to prevent SFD to communicate with mythologicinteractive.com. We can't do much about that.
0 x
Gurt

User avatar
Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:57 pm
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)
Location: Poncholand
Gender:
Age: 22

Post by Del Poncho » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Sure,we are in alpha now.
Sure,the accounts are cool.
Sure,the new grab thing is goddamn awesome.

But goddamnit,the best thing brought by this update is the new logo! It's gorgeus!
Image
Last edited by Del Poncho on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Kerrus
Meatbag
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:28 pm
Title: That weirdo.
SFD Alias: Kereng
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.9.0
Location: Russia,Moscow
Gender:

Post by Kerrus » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Gurt wrote:
Kerrus wrote:I love what you guys did here,but:
1.Can you please make components installation optional?I already had everything needed for playing SFD before the installation.
2.I dunno why,I can't log into my account in launcher.I already activated it and were able to login on site before.Am I the only one with such problem?
1: Installing components are optional. Simply press "Cancel" or "Don't Install" or "Exit" when prompted to install .NET 4.5, XNA 4.0 and Direct X 9.0c
2: Some sort of error message would probably be displayed. Maybe you need to add SFD as an exception to any firewalls (Launcher, game and server .exe files). Check your anti-virus too. Other programs are designed to prevent SFD to communicate with mythologicinteractive.com. We can't do much about that.
1.I meant optional in install thingie,so I don't need to go through any other installments at all.Like,not even opening them.Though it's a small thing,not really bothering.
2.Nevermind,it suddenly started working.I minor connection issues,I suppose.

I wish you luck with SFD development in future!

Added in 1 minute 35 seconds:
Del Poncho wrote:Sure,we are in alpha now.
Goddamnit,the best thing brought by this update is the new logo! It's freakin awesome!
Image
eh,kinda wish it kept old one.
is that an option?
0 x

User avatar
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:22 pm
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!
Location: Sweden
Gender:
Age: 28

Post by Gurt » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:44 pm

kennoley wrote::| Alpha 1.0.1??? I just got an update
We released an hotfix for the "Superfighters Deluxe Server.exe" that could crash. You can download it through the launcher.
0 x
Gurt

Elite Hunter
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:00 am
Gender:
Age: 17

Post by Elite Hunter » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:46 pm

whenever i try to log in it wont let me because it says my account does not exist, when i try to register it says my name exists on the forums and that i just have to put my forums password in to claim the name. I did and it is still not working. i can log on the forums but not the actual game.

is it possible someone took my name?
0 x

User avatar
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:52 pm
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Gender:

Post by mgtr14 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Please use a single button dedicated to grabbing. I have accidentaly tried to grab multiple times already and sometimes i just don't grab because i pressed the block a little late. Even doing it on time is hard. And nerf the punch damage.
Last edited by mgtr14 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Shut up bitch!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests