Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Alpha 1.2.0 is here!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Re: Alpha 1.2.0 is here!

Post by [Failman] » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:49 am

Gurt wrote:
Hjarpe wrote:
[Failman] wrote:Great update but if you're gonna start working on the chat can you make it so if I bind my keys to caps it doesn't affect the chat? I mean come on I asked about this while we were still in pre-alpha and lord behold the problems still freaking there. :?
I don't remember this suggestion, and I don't think it's a given that it should work like that. Others would complain that caps lock doesn't work in chat.
If caps lock is activated the key input we receive from windows (user32.dll) will be in upper case. There's nothing broken here. Consider to not bind any actions to your caps lock key. ;)
Here's a link to the topic. I did change my chat box to something else, problem is that now I had bound my reload to CAPS and every time I reload; Welp, there's that screaming manic again. Sigh, guess I'll change my keys to something else..... Again. :x
0 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Caps is a button that works outside of SFD, in the same sense that buttons pressed in combination with alt can do things that work outside just the program. When you press caps lock, it automatically makes every typed letter uppercase in any application you're using. There's no way around that, it's a keyboard feature. Either live with your screaming or, yeah, rebind your keys.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)