Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status update 2017-10-21 - Beta teaser!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Status update 2017-10-21 - Beta teaser!

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/embed/AjOSZvKGjY0

Happy October, superfighters! Next weekend we plan to release an update which we will call Beta 1.0. This requires some explanation.

The reason we're calling it Beta is because, with the inclusion of bots, we have reached the milestones which takes us out of alpha according to our roadmap. However, we will not split the game into a free and a paid beta with this update. We have decided to look into a simpler business model, which we will release details on at a later date. For now, though, the game will remain completely free.

Since the release of bots coincided with the Halloween season, we decided to be really original and make a zombie survival level (actually an idea we've had for a long time). This is the first new Game Mode being added to SFD since development started, unless you count custom user-made ones.

We are also very proud to finally reveal the man behind the Superfighters Deluxe soundtrack!

[drumroll]

When Han Zhu aka "hzlancer", creator of the original Superfighters theme, left the project for personal reasons, we were left without a composer. Since we knew we had a long time before the game was ready, we weren't actively looking for a replacement yet. However, a certain forum member sent us a couple of tracks he had written for the game, and since they were really good, we started sending him feedback and ideas.

More than two years (and many hundreds of emails) later, this forum member has written tons of inspiring music and is solidly on board the SFD team as the composer. His name is Lucas Casas, but around here he is known as Splinter.

Splinter is an awesome composer and collaborator and we can't wait to put more of his music in the game. The upcoming zombie mode will contain a handful of tracks, but there's a lot more where that came from. Welcome to the team, Splint! :mrgreen:
18 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Sparkz
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Cluelessly Reckless
SFD Account: Thunder Sparks
SFD Alias: Zap
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.1

Post by Sparkz » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:24 am

Can't wait till halloween. New game modes seem interesting. Specially bots
4 x
work work work can't relax

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:29 am

A zombie mode? This is gonna be amazing. Can't wait to hear the soundtrack
3 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:37 am

Heh, can't wait to kick some zombie's asses.
+ Damn, Splinter is surely handsome, can't wait to listen the tracks and play that amazing survival mode with them.
3 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:46 am

This.

This is where I lost it.

This is where my heart and soul just gave up on me.

It was too much for me to handle.

It was too cool.
Last edited by Del Poncho on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
7 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Sparkz
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Cluelessly Reckless
SFD Account: Thunder Sparks
SFD Alias: Zap
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.1

Post by Sparkz » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:46 am

Noble wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:37 am
Heh, can't wait to kick some zombie's asses.
+ Damn, Splinter is surely handsome, can't wait to listen the tracks and play that amazing survival mode with them.
Splinter has emerged glorious outta your clan by becoming part of the team
2 x
work work work can't relax

Formel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Not drunk enough
SFD Alias: Col. Kelly Formel
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.2

Post by Formel » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:01 pm

Uhhh, Beta already? That's big. And fast. Can't wait to buy the game. I MUST to thank you guys for all these years in SFD.
3 x
Regin of doom! Deciver of fools! Alcoholic! Bad puns included.

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Huh... I can help you with your tracks... My brother also can do this... He's Rapper)
2 x
-Content-maker.

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Shock wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:03 pm
Huh... I can help you with your tracks... My brother also can do this... He's Rapper)
You really should send us some SFD rap. We won't use it, but I'm interested to hear the lyrics. :mrgreen:
5 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:09 pm
Shock wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:03 pm
You really should send us some SFD rap. We won't use it, but I'm interested to hear the lyrics. :mrgreen:
ok) , i asked him... Just waiting for his answers)
2 x
-Content-maker.

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:18 pm

This is going to be fucking amazing to kick those undead butts this Halloween! I can't wait to get lots of food, drinks, spooky atmosphere, to wear my soldier costume, and, most importantly, to see my friends getting eaten by the zombies!

Thank you for these amazing 5 years of waiting for Beta, mates. See ya on the battlefield running away from the undead hordes!

Oh, I also forgot to say how amazing Splinter's work is. Keep it up, man!
Last edited by Sh4d0w on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:48 pm

How can i contact with you? P.M at forums? Or something other?
0 x
-Content-maker.

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:58 pm

If you have something, you can PM me or Gurt, or post it here for the world to see!
2 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Shock » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:58 pm
If you have something, you can PM me or Gurt, or post it here for the world to see!
Okay my brother agreed) , we can now make a few tracks for the game(already some)... And also , maybe he will publish separately his creativity...
So... Already some examples of horror music have been done , just need to improve this)))
0 x
-Content-maker.

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Awesome Guys !

I mean Bots , AND a NEW ZOMBIE GAMEMODE ! :o

The Dynamic Duo Never fail to surprise us with awesome features , Cheers ! :D
3 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:44 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:03 am
More than two years (and many hundreds of emails) later, this forum member has written tons of inspiring music and is solidly on board the SFD team as the composer. His name is Lucas Casas, but around here he is known as Splinter.
That's amazing! I never expected someone I know and talk with already to be the composer of the game. That's really great news! This is genuinely very exciting for me; the composer is not just random person who got paid to make a track, but an actual SFD player, who's not only personally familiar with the game and its themes, but also invested a lot of time into it and is already an integral part of our community. That's like... having been friends with a big movie star before they even got into acting! I can't wait to hear his work when it's concluded into the release. So cool!

Congrats Splint. Get him that tasty 'Composer' flare already :weary:

I'm also very happy to hear lots of progress has been made towards polishing AI opponent behavior. These zombots look extra tight and their spawn animation looks dope as well. The map seems very well designed too; I am eagerly waiting to try it out.

This is all awesome to hear. It's brightened up my weekend quite a bit! In fact, you can tell by the generous use of the exclamation marks in my post! A highly anticipated gamemode and offline opponents all in one patch; what a treat!
9 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi everyone! Since Hjärpe already introduced me a bit, I'd just like to say a few more things.

I studied music since I was a kid. I took guitar lessons and started making electronic music in 2011. A few years ago, when I was playing SFD, I had the idea of talking to Gurt and Hjärpe. When I asked the devs if they needed a composer, I honestly didn't expect much. But I was wrong. They were very friendly to me, receptive and open-minded. I'm so grateful for them for giving me this opportunity. Thank you, Gurt and Hjärpe!

Since I started making the soundtrack, Hjärpe has given me incredibly detailed and useful feedback, suggestions and references from multiple movies, TV shows and games. I'll keep doing my best in this soundtrack! We already have a lot of tracks, but we'll take it slow for now, because I want to keep improving them and we want your feedback.

I've been working on the soundtrack for a long time. But, since I have a big mouth, I ended up telling some friends. So, I would like to thank these 3 special friends: Alexbra25, Noble and Quinterball, who have kept my secret for so long and given me so much support. Thank you, guys!

Last night, I was so anxious that I dreamed I was reading the forums and seeing people's reaction to the news. Today, I woke up, wondering if this was real. Yes, it was a dream coming true! I'm so happy to be a part of this community. I truly love this game, so I know we will keep growing. I'm counting on your support and I hope you keep playing with us.

Thank you so much! :)

Splinter
16 x
Hold your breath.

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Damn Splinter, quality shit right there. Quality shit. Time to put heart and soul into your work.
1 x
-Evilsack

Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Post by Danger Ross » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Congrats Splinter! I am a little bit jealous but I hope everything works out for you.

Question for Gurt: how much of what we've seen in the trailer will be available in the map editor/api?
I'm mostly wondering about the different sizes of players, skins, and the new animation.
2 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:13 pm

Man, this community is literally awesome!, one normal user can contribute the game he loves, the devs are also open to receive help of any kind and I'm so proud to be here to assist the rise of Splinter from player to game composer! And who knows, maybe also other contributors (map makers, scripters, forum staff) will be remembered or awarded somewhat.

I'm also surprised that the AI showed in the teaser looks very like my crappy concept, only more polished.
Last edited by JakSparro98 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x