Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Beta 1.0.1 is out!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Re: Beta 1.0.1 is out!

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:33 pm

I should elaborate on the revamped Survival mode, since the patch notes don't really convey how much has changed. I really hope people will give Survival another shot after this update, it should be a very different experience compared to the previous version.

Whereas before a team of experienced players could get beyond wave 40 and a game could drag on for 30-45 minutes, in this version Gurt and I haven't survived beyond wave 16, and I believe that round took us just above 20 minutes. I think we've managed to balance the difficulty and game length quite well between 1, 2, 3 and 4 players. Also, the bosses have less health than before, but spawn more and more frequently. What makes wave 12+ really difficult is that multiple bosses start spawning each wave, leading to even more mayhem.

The rounds themselves are more varied, since the composition of each "sub-wave" is randomly selected from a bunch of templates. You can now get a wave that consists entirely of big "Bruiser" zombies, for example. The system is quite flexible, so it will be easy to add new enemy types in the future as our toolbox grows.

Further variety was added by giving the "Child" zombies and "Flamer" zombies a different AI behaviour. They now like diving into players!

Among other AI changes, large groups of bots now try to surround players by selecting alternative routes to their target. This prevents cheese strategies like "ladder-camping" since enemies will come more evenly from all directions.

There is also a cap of 30 living enemies at one time, which should help with FPS problems. As you progress, stronger zombies will start spawning so we don't have to spawn too many - you'll notice the "Normal" zombies get bigger and tougher after a while.

Altogether, I think Survival is a lot better now. So if you haven't, give it a try and tell us what you think!
6 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:44 pm

" *Fixed score not registering wins/losses properly in versus mode (since last update)."

Still occurred today when the map changed and everyone got a 0/0 on the server.

1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:55 pm

Creeper wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:44 pm
" *Fixed score not registering wins/losses properly in versus mode (since last update)."

Still occurred today when the map changed and everyone got a 0/0 on the server.
Please note that if the type of map is changed (from custom/survival to versus or vice-versa) the score is reset.
0 x
Gurt

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:59 pm

Please note that if the type of map is changed (from custom/survival to versus or vice-versa) the score is reset.

No, It wasn't changing from a custom/survival map into a versus mode. ( Blurry's versus server )
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Creeper wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:59 pm

No, It wasn't changing from a custom/survival map into a versus mode. ( Blurry's versus server )
I reviewed the code that resets the score when the map is changed and noticed reading the wrong property at a point which could cause weird side-effects like the score resetting if changing from a map saved in some previously version of the game to a map saved in a newer version of the game. That's probably what's happening. Consider the bug fixed for the next update I guess. :)
1 x
Gurt

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:28 am

pink cubes came out of nowhere

https://imgur.com/iLavznh
0 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

_Batman_Shadow_
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Just A Color
SFD Account: Shinobi(variants)
SFD Alias: Shinobi
Started SFD: Around Pre-A 1.7.3
Post by _Batman_Shadow_ » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:43 am

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:28 am
pink cubes came out of nowhere

https://imgur.com/iLavznh
Probably a missing texture,or your game glitched.Is this the only time it happened?Did you see if it was equip-able?What item was it?Etc,Etc...
This would allow the devs to figure out the problem instead of a non-descriptive comment and a picture. :D

Now what i wanna know is,when will the time come that when i update my game,all my textures,soundpacks etc. are still there?
0 x
*Swish*Cling*Bash*Out Of The Shadows Mudafucka!!!!*Pitter Patter

Noonja

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:02 pm

_Batman_Shadow_ wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:43 am
[..]Now what i wanna know is,when will the time come that when i update my game,all my textures,soundpacks etc. are still there?
If there wasn't resources changes after the update then all the textures and sounds should be in their place, if you changed something like texture / tile list, sounds list etc (like when you mod the game by adding additional custom resources) only then will result in a replacement by the launcher with the original and latest version of that file.
0 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:35 pm

So, I tinkered with the survival update the other day, and while the game does end a lot sooner, I find the brutality of the mode is... Well, it's damn harsh. Smalls and flames sprint constantly, and coupled with their already impressive speed boost, they corner you in a damn HURRY. Fire zombies are an even bigger pain in the ass, and as rounds go on with all normal zombies getting stronger, the player simply can not deal enough damage to get into higher rounds.

This is likely a result of bosses just not spawning with any weapons players can use to chew through other bosses/zombies. Give bosses rewards again, or add in methods to get more ammo/upgrade damage/something to help players get into higher rounds. Melee weapons also break too quickly in this mode and are often incredibly underpowered by wave ~3.

I mean, I guess that's the goal - shorter rounds. Just feels sadistic though.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:48 pm

Lunatic wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:35 pm
So, I tinkered with the survival update the other day, and while the game does end a lot sooner, I find the brutality of the mode is... Well, it's damn harsh. Smalls and flames sprint constantly, and coupled with their already impressive speed boost, they corner you in a damn HURRY. Fire zombies are an even bigger pain in the ass, and as rounds go on with all normal zombies getting stronger, the player simply can not deal enough damage to get into higher rounds.

This is likely a result of bosses just not spawning with any weapons players can use to chew through other bosses/zombies. Give bosses rewards again, or add in methods to get more ammo/upgrade damage/something to help players get into higher rounds. Melee weapons also break too quickly in this mode and are often incredibly underpowered by wave ~3.

I mean, I guess that's the goal - shorter rounds. Just feels sadistic though.
I haven't played with a team yet, but playing solo, I had the impression that we actually get *more* weapons now. We receive chute-crates and also items don't de-spawn anymore. The slow-mo we get from bosses are life-savers, I practically spam them, saving only one for the next wave. I think this made the survival more dynamic, we can abuse weapons without worrying about ammo. However, we do have to move around more to collect the weapons lying around.
2 x
Hold your breath.

_Batman_Shadow_
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Just A Color
SFD Account: Shinobi(variants)
SFD Alias: Shinobi
Started SFD: Around Pre-A 1.7.3
Post by _Batman_Shadow_ » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:21 am

JakSparro98 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:02 pm
_Batman_Shadow_ wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:43 am
[..]Now what i wanna know is,when will the time come that when i update my game,all my textures,soundpacks etc. are still there?
If there wasn't resources changes after the update then all the textures and sounds should be in their place, if you changed something like texture / tile list, sounds list etc (like when you mod the game by adding additional custom resources) only then will result in a replacement by the launcher with the original and latest version of that file.
So your saying if i add a soundpack,it'll restart,but if i add just a Texture pack,it'll be the same?
0 x
*Swish*Cling*Bash*Out Of The Shadows Mudafucka!!!!*Pitter Patter

Noonja

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:08 am

_Batman_Shadow_ wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:21 am
So your saying if i add a soundpack,it'll restart,but if i add just a Texture pack,it'll be the same?
Not exactly, if you only replaced textures or sounds they will be preserved, except if some of the resources was modified by the devs in the latest update.

But, if you want to add custom sounds or tiles, for example, you also need to modify some lists in the game data, these lists are checked by the launcher and if some differencies are found, the launcher takes this like the game had an update and they will be restored, same if you have a real update to download and also have the lists altered.
0 x