Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status update 2018-01-27

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status update 2018-01-27

Post by Gurt » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Last week was a busy week with the job (our daily job) so we didn't have any time for SFD.

This week we finally managed to finish the GamePad support for SFD (just some small tweaks left that will be done tomorrow). Just hook in any USB-game controller you have laying around and bind up the keys and it will work. I just spent some hour testing different combinations of key bindings for a XBox 360 controller and it's something to get used to after 5+ years of only using the keyboard playing the game. We will at least figure out some sort of default keybindings for XBox controllers so you don't have to set it all up yourself.

We will also tweak a few things to make the game feel better using gamepads (but also keyboards). One adjustment we will do is to allow the jump-action to be used from ladders IF the climb-up/down/left/right actions are bound to a different set of keys. We might also tweak some other key binding combinations that doesn't work too well together as we find them.
13 x
Gurt

Dumby Eggy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Huevon NEO
SFD Alias: Huevon SFD
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Dumby Eggy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:55 am

That's so nice! Finally the SFD Multiplayer dream is coming up, but I have a question: What about the progress of the Bots? Will you add some extra support for ZombieA and ZombieB for bots? I can't wait to see it.

Another question could be: Could this GamePad support affect the script system that SFD has ?

As always, great job, and good day!
0 x
HINT: You will not surprise me if you are good with snipers and magnums and katanas; but I will give my respect for someone who is a weapon-master. So don't wait any cheer marksmen...8-)

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:21 pm

For the campaigns to work we need to continue working on the bots.

GamePad support will not affect the ScritAPI in SFD as you can't read keybindings for individual users.
0 x
Gurt

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:03 am

Dumby Eggy wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:55 am
That's so nice! Finally the SFD Multiplayer dream is coming up, but I have a question: What about the progress of the Bots? Will you add some extra support for ZombieA and ZombieB for bots? I can't wait to see it.

Another question could be: Could this GamePad support affect the script system that SFD has ?

As always, great job, and good day!
I risk of being repetitive, but I'm planning to release a last version of ScriptAPI bots before the release of this major SFD update, I won't never be able to equal official bots in smartness and performance but at least you will get something similar to the original SF AI to play offline untill the next update. :D
6 x

jlo
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: hey
SFD Account: jlo
Started SFD: March 2017

Post by jlo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:43 am

Will xbox one s controllers work, I own a xbox one slim and was wondering if THAT worked? :|
0 x
<Aspect> Vapsiz#8861

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:05 pm

jlo wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:43 am
Will xbox one s controllers work, I own a xbox one slim and was wondering if THAT worked? :|
We haven't tested it as we only have 360 controllers. But we will borrow a One controller from a friend at some point at test some more.
2 x
Gurt