Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Superfighters Deluxe is now released on Steam!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Superfighters Deluxe is now released on Steam!

Post by Hjarpe » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:05 pm

The game is now available for purchase on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/8558 ... rs_Deluxe/

Again, thanks to all our beta testers, forum moderators, and everyone who played the game and helped us out along the way! Cheers!
15 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:06 pm

Ye still got that champaigne? I'm thirsty, y'know.
3 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Sh4d0w wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:06 pm
Ye still got that champaigne? I'm thirsty, y'know.
I'm gonna drink it myself, thank you very much!
3 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.

Formel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Not drunk enough
SFD Alias: Col. Kelly Formel
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.2

Post by Formel » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:14 pm

Drinking congac. Playing the very first rounds of fully released SFD. I'm happy.
4 x
Regin of doom! Deciver of fools! Alcoholic! Bad puns included.

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:14 pm

So, I want to buy the game from the steamstore, but it doesnt let me, since I already have it in my library. Will the licence be removed from my account soon, or do I have to remove it manually? And will my saved maps be deleted if I delete the steam version of the game?
But more importantly: HAPPY LAUCH DAY, EVERYONE! it finally happened, I waited this long and its kinda surreal to be at the end of the pre-release-journey, and at the beginning of a even greater one.
3 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

CrazyDuck
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: CrazyDuckk
SFD Alias: CrazyDuck
Started SFD: 2014

Post by CrazyDuck » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:16 pm

I've been waiting in front of the computer for three hours.
1 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:26 pm

Hooray! Everybody, thank you so much for being such a great community. Let's have some fun!
3 x
Hold your breath.

thenrgdrink
Meatbag
SFD Account: thenrgdrink
Post by thenrgdrink » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:37 pm

im buying this game so hard!!!
2 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:33 am

Honored to have been part of a tiny slice of trusted people chosen to bring this 6 (almost 7) years old project to life, honored to being heard and treated like a colleague by two clever developers when it came to analyse relevant topics, and honored to have known such a beautiful community, always ready to help each other:

A community that saved great game additions from being destroyed
the most noteworthy (but not the only) is the grabbing mechanic,imagine what would be happened if the determination of @Lunatic, @KliPeH, just for quoting some of them, had not been there...

A community that contributed in the game soundtrack in a key way
with @Splinter and his talent, I would not think of better sound feelings rather than the ones adopted by him for every moment of the game, every instrument is in the right place to make you live the scene he wants to tell with the music even with closed eyes...

A community that created such an almost infinite amount of worlds and stories that continues to entertain today
some of their names are @Shock, @Vitamin E, @gwendalaze, @Rrreeembooo, @Kawabanga and lots of valid others;These guys are the real lifeblood that sustains the entire game.

A community that supported map makers and content creators with their wizard-like abilities
I'm referring precisely to scripters like me, @Motto73, @Armadyl5, @ShutDownMan, etc... those fantastic people, helped by a bunch of ScriptAPI's magic powder, have shared their knowledge to the most needy.

We should also say thank you to @TheOriginalCj for providing us a very detailed wiki page for the game, we will still need his help together the others wiki contributors in the Steam community hub.

And a special thanks to all the forum staff for keeping this place as neat as possible, before you say, I'm not considering you as an army of street sweepers, something more ;)

And many others, really, there are too many people to mentioning them here, this post could be easily turned into a wall of quotes.

Now I would like also to say that this journey left me something important for my life, When I shyly joined the previous old forums I could barely make a sentence in english, ok maybe not a sentence, it was a real meaningless mess, I could say without a doubt that I improved considerably.

Some little moments of shame for me, showing this and this to you, but it also sends me back in time, the nostalgia... oh and @Gurt , bow as a weapon, when? I'm still waiting, man :D

But also a more important change was made, I grown my programming skills so much to manage to find a job that otherwise could not be such as it is, my school programming notions they taught me were the same as 20 years before, too remote from the current practical level, I managed to overcome the gap in object programming thanks to the scripting engine of SFD, I got many satisfaction and a lot of self confidence, It's worth to point out that scripting didn't help me from the ground up, I first got OO programming basics on my own before venturing me in it.

I took me a very long time to write this post, I hope my words and thoughts will be appreciated.

Enjoy a new dawn on Sunny City, also because I spent the entire night writing that poem.
14 x

Red Hood
Meatbag
SFD Account: Red Hood
Post by Red Hood » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:31 am

SFD ON STEAM IS SO KWLL But can u make a list of what we will unlock and stuff and what sucks is im like a early pro ig and these bots arent exactly EASY but i still win i think i spent a hour on the ninjas on teir 1 challenges fun tho :)
0 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:26 am

The input delay in movement makes the game unplayable for high pings, fix it please.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:37 am

Sree wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:26 am
The input delay in movement makes the game unplayable for high pings, fix it please.
Sadly, we can't fix high ping which is the time it takes for your signals to reach the server, the physical distance between your computer and the server.
You can reduce the ping by selecting another server closer to you or host your own game for others to join.
0 x
Gurt

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:58 am

Gurt wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:37 am
Sree wrote:
Sadly, we can't fix high ping which is the time it takes for your signals to reach the server, the physical distance between your computer and the server.
You can reduce the ping by selecting another server closer to you or host your own game for others to join.
I was referring to the forced server side movement, this wasn't a thing before.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:31 am

Sree wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:58 am
Gurt wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:37 am
Sree wrote:
I was referring to the forced server side movement, this wasn't a thing before.
That's correct.
If your ping is above 120 (by default) you will toggle over to server-side movement to prevent teleportation issues experienced by other players. The reasoning goes like this: If a player has high ping, that player should experience the lag instead of everyone else on the server (this is where laggy and jittery movement starts to be noticeable). This can be adjusted per server and it's up to the host to change these settings if they want but the default settings should give an overall good experience for everyone playing on a server.
1 x
Gurt

Kawabanga
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Epic fails amateur.
SFD Alias: My name is Kawa-bbanggza!!
Started SFD: Late 2015
Post by Kawabanga » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:27 pm

JakSparro98 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:33 am
(...) oh and @Gurt , bow as a weapon, when? I'm still waiting, man :D
Is the bow comming? I'm waiting for it since 2016, or maybe 2015, if not 14... :)
JakSparro98 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:33 am
Now I would like also to say that this journey left me something important for my life, When I shyly joined the previous old forums I could barely make a sentence in english, ok maybe not a sentence, it was a real meaningless mess, I could say without a doubt that I improved considerably.

But also a more important change was made, I grown my programming skills so much to manage to find a job that otherwise could not be such as it is, my school programming notions they taught me were the same as 20 years before, too remote from the current practical level, I managed to overcome the gap in object programming thanks to the scripting engine of SFD, I got many satisfaction and a lot of self confidence, It's worth to point out that scripting didn't help me from the ground up, I first got OO programming basics on my own before venturing me in it.
Nice to hear that a play has resulted in personal achievements. While I'm too old and busy to focus on mastering coding, through making maps at my free time, and, analysing and reworking existing codes, I've learned that programming isn't that mysterious, black magic as it appeared initially. Thereby, I believe that, for young people who are determined enaugh, practicing coding, even just for entertainment purposes, can bring skills practical in life and forthcoming future.

Thanks for recognizing my creations, and good luck to you with developing your skills and interests.
2 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:15 pm

We've released a small hotfix which hopefully fixes some .NET framework related errors.
Also added default thumbnails for maps and scripts, and fixed a text in the Steam Workshop upload dialog.
6 x

MineWarz
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Grand Moff
SFD Alias: MineWarz
Started SFD: March 2016

Post by MineWarz » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi, I was wondering whether you were going to reach out to any relatively popular youtubers or something like that. If a group of well known youtubers plays a match or two, I'm sure SFD will gain popularity, which it certainly deserves in my opinion.
1 x
It's out, guys! :D

MrClownie
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: MrClownie

Post by MrClownie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:30 pm

MineWarz wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 pm
Hi, I was wondering whether you were going to reach out to any relatively popular youtubers or something like that. If a group of well known youtubers plays a match or two, I'm sure SFD will gain popularity, which it certainly deserves in my opinion.
I think in its current state the game could use some more players, though the need to port-forward and the few servers there currently are can make people not want to play.
0 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:36 pm

what the world needs.
lets take him out
0 x
-Evilsack

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:47 pm

MineWarz wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 pm
Believe me, we have. We even hired these guys to help us do it: http://www.theindiebros.com/

But there are lots of games to cover, so we're grateful for what little coverage we've gotten so far.
2 x