Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status Update 2019-04-11

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status Update 2019-04-11

Post by Gurt » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:50 pm

It feels like there's less time to work with the game than ever before. Anyway, we're preparing the next update that we will release this weekend to fix some bugs.

We're also changing the incendiary ammo slightly so it takes a few shots with fast shooting weapons before reaching maximum fire level (only the sniper, magnum, flare gun and the bow will set you on maximum fire on hit). This is something we have discussed after playing ourselves. We think this change is for the better.
Off Topic
Before anyone starts to flame us about nerfing things - this change is based on our own play tests as we have got basically no feedback about the incendiary ammo and how it can be changed for the better or if it should be changed at all. mythologicinteractiveforums.com is the only place for feedback to the developers for Superfighters Deluxe. If you don't share your ideas and suggestions here, we won't see it.
We're also preparing the next big update containing the next campaign and content. Our preliminary goal right now is to complete this update sometime during the summer. During this time we will also keep releasing updates to the current version of the game to fix bugs.
12 x
Gurt

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:12 pm

Make it so that the fire ammo and bouncing ammo powerups only change existing ammo, not give you an extra magazine. An untouched pistol will have 30 shots of fire/bouncing ammo if they pick the pack up. They're already very good without also being a free ammo pickup.
4 x

Minion222
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Overly White Min
SFD Account: Minion222
SFD Alias: @Minion
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.7.0
Post by Minion222 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Pricey wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:12 pm
Make it so that the fire ammo and bouncing ammo powerups only change existing ammo, not give you an extra magazine. An untouched pistol will have 30 shots of fire/bouncing ammo if they pick the pack up. They're already very good without also being a free ammo pickup.
The thing is, this is more realistic, since if you pick up a magazine of amm, why would you throw out a pre-existing one? This was a pleasant suprize when i saw it and it should stay that way, at least in my oppinion. Again it feels better to get more ammo from that box stead of raplacing the existing one, it just doesn't make sense.
0 x
Ight i guess this is my signature now

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Minion222 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:54 pm
Pricey wrote:
The thing is, this is more realistic, since if you pick up a magazine of amm, why would you throw out a pre-existing one? This was a pleasant suprize when i saw it and it should stay that way, at least in my oppinion. Again it feels better to get more ammo from that box stead of raplacing the existing one, it just doesn't make sense.
When has SFD ever been bound by realism?
3 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:29 pm

we are talking about picking up a magazine of bullets that can bounce 8 times and can hit the guy who fired it, course we need realism in this matter
1 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:20 am

Well, if it makes the incendiary ammo less powerful for automatic guns like SMG, Assault Rifle, M60, UZI, quick fire-rate weapons like pistol or carbine and also shotguns (for that one single dispersed bullet that touches you and makes you burn in the flames of hell) but keeps the things similar for Snipers, Magnum and any other semi auto that I can't remember of putting you in intense fire instantly, then I think it's fine.
This last update made the game a lot funnier and I really liked, but funny thing is that I've been playing the game a lot recently and noticed how strong the incendiary ammo was but hadn't any will or sense of urgency to change it. Everyone probably thought the same? It feels so good it's almost the same or better than having a Bazooka haha
The bouncing ammo is a complete chaos (as intended I guess, and I loved it) and the feedback I've been hearing from some players that likes to play the game competitively is that any beginner player can actually randomly kill or damage you greatly and that's a pain in the @ss for them.
First thing I tried was to see if I was able to shoot in my front and roll to have the bullet ricochet and hit someone behind me, but they are so fast it seems even if they bounce like 4 times you won't have the time to avoid during shooting cooldown but I'm not sure.
And honestly, I didn't think all those bounces were necessary, weren't 3-4 enough?
1 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Minion222
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Overly White Min
SFD Account: Minion222
SFD Alias: @Minion
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.7.0
Post by Minion222 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Pricey wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:50 pm
Minion222 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:54 pm
Pricey wrote:
When has SFD ever been bound by realism?
Obviously not, but it just adds a little bit more, again this is just personal preference.
0 x
Ight i guess this is my signature now