Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Superfighters Deluxe 1.3.0 is out!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Superfighters Deluxe 1.3.0 is out!

Post by Hjarpe » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:26 pm

* New weapon: Streetsweeper. A MetroCorp-patented attack drone which, when activated, autonomously seeks out and attacks enemies.
* New campaign: "Escape From Precinct 9".
* New versus map: "Sanctuary".
* New survival map: "Sanctuary Survival".
* New challenge: "Streetsweeper Sweep-up".
* Several new music tracks by Splinter.
* Several new customization items (the new items are currently not unlockable!).
* Map Rotation can now be set to "None", "Vote", "Random" or "One-by-one". This allows you to have a map rotation without the voting.
* All voting can now be done via the main menu as an alternative to using F1-F4 and spacebar. This makes it possible to vote when using a controller.
* The game server browser now shows servers that are hosted in a different version of the game in red.
* When playing any offline game (including challenges and the tutorial) opening the Esc menu will pause the game.
* Shuriken can now be sheathed at any time, e.g. while charging a throw.
* Shuriken pickup amount decreased from 7 to 6 and shuriken damage lowered from 20 to 17 - lowering the total potential damage output from 140 to 102.
* Made bots' aim more stable and less jittery, plus some minor tweaks to the aiming behavior.
* Bots will now always prioritize running towards their guard target if the distance to the target is more than 3 times their guard range or chase range.
* The /ban command now bans a user for 14 days the first ban, 30 days the second ban and permanently the third ban. The default values can be changed in the config.ini file by changing the HOST_GAME_FIRST_BAN_DAYS, HOST_GAME_SECOND_BAN_DAYS and HOST_GAME_THIRD_BAN_DAYS values.

Map Editor:
* Live mines, grenades and molotovs can now be used directly in the map editor.
* Added property CameraSecondaryFocusMode to PlayerSpawnTrigger which controls how the camera's secondary focus works for spawned players.
* DialogueTrigger now has an option to show the text in the chat or not.
* Game.WriteToConsole() messages will be completely ignored if not running in the map editor and if the console is hidden.

Bug fixes:
* Fixed a bug where a local co-op player who had previously left an offline game would sometimes appear in a player slot when a new game was hosted.
* Fixed a bug where you could change the drop-in-mode for offline games in the host game panel (drop-in is not applicable in offline games!).
* Fixed a bug where bots could be duplicated over time as players joined and left a game.
* You can now throw shurikens, grenades, molotovs, C4 and mines without hitting teammates standing close to you, as with other thrown weapons.
* The game server browser will no longer reset its scroll position while refreshing.
* Fixed a bug where kicked entries in the server software wouldn't always be displayed properly.

ScriptAPI:
* IPlayer.SetUser() and IUser.SetPlayer() now have an optional argument to disable the flashing effect.
* Added IPlayer.GetCameraSecondaryFocusMode(), IPlayer.SetCameraSecondaryFocusMode(), IObjectStreetsweeper.GetCameraSecondaryFocusMode(), IObjectStreetsweeper.SetCameraSecondaryFocusMode() to be able to control how the camera by default focuses on other players. This is similar to the old AddCameraFocusObject() and IgnoreCameraFocusObject() functions.
* Added IPlayer.SetCurrentMeleeDurability(), IPlayer.SetCurrentMeleeMakeshiftDurability() to be able to control current melee weapon durability.
* Added IPlayer.SetCurrentPrimaryWeaponAmmo(), IPlayer.SetCurrentSecondaryWeaponAmmo() to be able to control ranged weapon ammo and special ammo amount.
* Added IPlayer.SetCurrentThrownItemAmmo() to be able to control thrown item ammo amount.
* Updated IPlayer.CurrentPrimaryWeapon and IPlayer.CurrentSecondaryWeapon with the following properties to be able to read more data about current ranged weapon: WeaponMagCapacity, MaxCarriedSpareMags, MaxTotalAmmo, PowerupBouncingRounds, PowerupFire, ProjectileItem.
* Added IUser.AccountID, IUser.AccountName
* Added IGame.GetProjectiles() to be able to control projectiles.
* Added Events.ProjectileHitCallback to be able to listen on projectile hit events in scripts.
* Updated Event.PlayerDeathCallback with PlayerDeathArgs to be able to read directly if the player was killed, removed or both.
* Updated PlayerDamageCallback with PlayerDamageArgs arguments. This allows you to read type of damage and source object causing the damage.
* Added IPlayer.ChatActive to be able to read if a player has the chat active.
* Added IPlayer.RocketRidingProjectileInstanceID to be able to read the rocket's instance ID.
* Updated Game.CreateDialogue() with an option to show the dialogue in the chat or not.
* Added Event.ExplosionHitCallback to be able to listen to explosions and what they affect.
* Added Event.ObjectCreatedCallback to be able to listen on when objects are created.
* Added Event.ObjectDamageCallback to be able to listen on damage events on objects.
* Added Event.ObjectTerminatedCallback to be able to listen on destroyed and removed objects.
* Added PlayerMeleeActionCallback to be able to listen on player melee actions and what objects they hit.
* Added Game.RayCast(..), IObject.RayCast(..), IObject.HitTest(..) to be able to RayCast and HitTest against objects in the world.
* Added IGame.DrawLine(), IGame.DrawCircle(), IGame.DrawArea(), IGame.DrawText() to be able to draw debug information while testing your map in the editor. See summary for implementation details and notes.
* Added IObjectMineThrown and IObjectGrenadeThrown to be able to change dud chance on explosives and check whether it's a dud or not.
* Updated EffectName static class with available effects and documentation over possible arguments for each effect to be used with the Game.PlayEffect(..) function.

Edit 2019-08-01: 1.3.0b is out!
* Updated the /MAPS and /SHOWMAPCATEGORIES commands to properly display indexes.
Updated the /MAPS command to be able to filter on map category (e.g. "/maps versus").
The /MAP command will now search for an exact match first before searching on keywords.
* Fixed so players aren't slowed down when thrown through glass sheets.
* Fixed a few rare crashes.
* Fixed a bug where you would drop a non-primed throwing weapon (grenade, molotov, mine, C4) when grabbed, even if you had primed it previously.
* Slight tweaks to the Sanctuary Survival.
* Slight tweaks to Escape From Precinct 9 outro cutscene.
* Added LineOfSightBlocker tile which has no collision, but bots can't see through it.
* Other fixes and tweaks.
11 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:27 pm

neato mr dev man
1 x
but in reality

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:20 pm

There seems to be something wrong with the difficulty scaling on the Sanctuary Survival map. It works, but the difficulty is a bit intense, especially for multiple players... Looking into it. We hope to release a hotfix for that some time tomorrow. Apologies!
3 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:06 pm

>There is now hair in SFD
World peace is ensured
>It cannot be unlocked
World is back at war, but with twice the anger

But I got to fight alongside my original SF character, wich was possibly my favorite surprise in the campaign.
And McClane, wich classifies this campaign as the best christmas movie to date.
6 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:23 am

Wowow So Nice!
1 x
Just me The Predator!

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:59 am

So, is my existance in-game Canon, now, that we got some of the original cast? No? Well, for me it is.
Honestly, great work on the campaign. It looked stellar, as always, and it was the perfect difficulty for me to play it alone. Without friends. *sigh*
3 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:28 pm

1.3.0b is out!
* Updated the /MAPS and /SHOWMAPCATEGORIES commands to properly display indexes.
Updated the /MAPS command to be able to filter on map category (e.g. "/maps versus").
The /MAP command will now search for an exact match first before searching on keywords.
* Fixed so players aren't slowed down when thrown through glass sheets.
* Fixed a few rare crashes.
* Fixed a bug where you would drop a non-primed throwing weapon (grenade, molotov, mine, C4) when grabbed, even if you had primed it previously.
* Slight tweaks to the Sanctuary Survival.
* Slight tweaks to Escape From Precinct 9 outro cutscene.
* Added LineOfSightBlocker tile which has no collision, but bots can't see through it.
* Other fixes and tweaks.
5 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Here are my 2 cents on the new update.
Hjarpe wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:26 pm
  • New campaign: "Escape From Precinct 9".
Using a relatively attractive server name I got others to join me in trying Escape from Precinct 9 out; having real players play with me this time around helped immensely. I criticize the story mode for being a "mindless horde shooter" often but this really only applies to all campaigns if playing with Bots as teammates. Sections like the zeppelin standoff in the chapter before last really show how campaigns can shine through player coordination and cooperation.

One person was setting up traps, another was covering the entrances from which the enemies emerged, the last two were covering our backs or waiting in anticipation to kick some drone ass. That was cool! Really makes you think, or at least forces players into slightly different roles than usual.

SFD works well with wave-based / survival themed levels assuming the arena is built well (aka NOT Prime Time in Sunny City's "The Pit") - in other games these are the least creative and the least fun. I actually found the more "dynamic" levels to be frustrating; using endless enemy spawners feels like a cheap way to increase difficulty and running away from threat doesn't feel rewarding. This applies to all campaigns, although I suppose it can be excused now since the point of the whole campaign is to "escape". Would've still been cool had you allowed each stage to be cleared properly; I did try every single time, and got disappointed every single time I realized this wasn't going to happen. Oh well.

You're still not using all the tools at your disposal when going through the chapters like you would in Versus mode. It always feels like one playstyle is favored over others in different stages of the campaigns. Some sections will be small and crowded with enemies, forcing you into melee, while others will be so big that using anything but ranged weaponry will be sub-optimal and will get you killed. It's never really both and the skill ceiling for beating the campaigns (on Hard) remains low.

The AI mindlessly charges at you as per usual. You get dozens of thugs or soldiers overlapping each other or shooting / diving / blowing one another up, posing no threat whatsoever. There are just so many enemies, you can't help but get desensitized to killing them. It's very different from Versus mode, where killing one player can be a serious feat. Some enemies are bullet-spongy (typically bosses), which makes your weapons feel weak and breaks immersion; what makes Balista unique to all these other thugs? I get that Meatgrinder is undead(?), Kriegbär is a mutated bear, and Dr. Fritzliebe has a Mechsuit, but I don't think anything justifies Balista's and her thugs' health at the end of that last chapter.

Some of the stages are unique and force you to approach them differently. That's good, I like that. All in all I'd say this campaign was enjoyable. I still think efforts should be focused on fleshing out other aspects of the game - the behavior of the AI, the melee system, properly finishing your global to-do list. Or, you know, adding more items, that always works. Good job nonetheless.
  ---
Hjarpe wrote:
  • New weapon: Streetsweeper. A MetroCorp-patented attack drone which, when activated, autonomously seeks out and attacks enemies.
  • New challenge: "Streetsweeper Sweep-up".
The new Streetsweeper item is pretty cool. When I was thinking "flying autonomous drones" initially, I didn't think you'd allow ownership of one. I always saw drones / turrets as more of a general player hazard; deploy one and you've created a new problem for basically everyone. Being able to have the drone not attack you at all is a pleasant surprise, although the current implementation of Streetsweepers feels a little too powerful to me.

Machine-gun drones have pinpoint accuracy and zero bullet spread while Flamethrower drones are guaranteed death from up close if you have no weapon. This would've been fine had the Streetsweepers acted like real-life quadcopter drones, where basically any sort of damage could down and destroy them, in order to balance damage output out.

Since this isn't real-life but rather a futuristic dystopia with engineered super-humans and elite private military contractors fight one another, I'd say allowing drones to take a few more hits would be fine; they are "MetroCorp-patented" after all. That is, taking 3 AR bursts as is, but being susceptible to the stronger weapons. Taking 3 full Magnum / Pump-Shotgun blasts to take down isn't fine, they shouldn't be this durable.

Attempting to down the drones immobilizes you and makes you vulnerable to attack, that in itself makes the item useful enough already. This will make the Streetsweeper Sweep-up challenge easier, but then again it wasn't very hard to begin with. May as well move it down a Tier after the changes to HP value have been applied.

One thing I would definitely want to see changed is how Streetsweepers are able to go through the pistons in Pistons. Getting assaulted in a tight space while trying not to get crushed by objects that would otherwise be impassable to you feels greatly unfair in that regard.

I like how the Map Editor allows you to set Streetsweepers to be static, that way they shoot but don't move. Great way to cop out of having to introduce real turrets (which were a planned feature last I checked) into the game. A neat addition to the weapon arsenal nevertheless.
  ---
Hjarpe wrote:
  • Map Rotation can now be set to "None", "Vote", "Random" or "One-by-one". This allows you to have a map rotation without the voting.
Thank you for implementing my suggestion! This is one of these options you change and never go back to modifying again. Fantastic.
  ---
Hjarpe wrote:
  • Made bots' aim more stable and less jittery, plus some minor tweaks to the aiming behavior.
I did notice this change while playing the campaigns and Versus against Hard bots. Definitely feels better! Bots are indeed less shaky and now burst fire their weapons as expected. I think this made them slightly easier to play against, but that sort of behavior feels natural to me. Well done! Looking forward for other similar tweaks to Bot behavior in the future.
  ---
Hjarpe wrote:
  • When playing any offline game (including challenges and the tutorial) opening the Esc menu will pause the game.
  • The game server browser now shows servers that are hosted in a different version of the game in red.
  • The /ban command now bans a user for 14 days the first ban, 30 days the second ban and permanently the third ban. The default values can be changed in the config.ini file by changing the HOST_GAME_FIRST_BAN_DAYS, HOST_GAME_SECOND_BAN_DAYS and HOST_GAME_THIRD_BAN_DAYS values.
  • The game server browser will no longer reset its scroll position while refreshing.
Great quality-of-life changes. Thanks! ---  
Nice update all things considered, I strongly recommend you reconsider making it your last content update and instead putting some more time into fleshing things out and introducing new features. Thank you for your hard work and dedication.
3 x