Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Pre-alpha 1.9.0 is out!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Pre-alpha 1.9.0 is out!

Post by Hjarpe » Sat May 14, 2016 1:14 pm

It's a Big One!

-Added first version of dedicated server software. Run 'Superfighters Deluxe Server.exe' in your Superfighters Deluxe directory.
-Added female fighters -- you can change your gender in the fighter customization menu (only affects appearance).
-Re-added leg and feet customization, i.e. you can choose various leg and feet clothing in the fighter customization menu.
-New maps: Pistons and Canals
-Some new tiles
-Pistol, revolver and magnum now have the same accuracy.
-Slightly increased damage of silenced pistol and silenced uzi.
-Wall-diving with someone will double the cooldown on your next dive.
-Players will no longer kneel after throwing grenades/molotovs/mines while jumping on flat ground. (Falling far enough still makes you kneel)
-Current map vote is suspended if map is changed by host manually.
-Trashbags, trashcan lids and cash registers no longer absorb projectiles.
-Some new loading tips
-Added option for hosts to disable sampling of max ping for auto kick during loadings. Open your config.ini and add the following: 'HOST_GAME_KICK_MAX_PING_SAMPLE_DURING_LOADING=0' and save.
-Minor tweaks and additions

Bug Fixes
-Fixed auto kick idle players permanently locking a game slot resulting in any new player joining also being kicked the next round.
-Fixed some problems with melee hitboxes not matching the visuals.
-Tweaked melee weapons' melee ranges to match the visuals of the weapon.
-Fixed a few bugs related to score tracking.
-Fixed a bug where players could get stuck in FullKneel.
-Fixed a bug where players could get stuck in stun after being punched and kicked.
-Fixed a bug where players could input a roll during kicking causing bullets to be dodged while kicking.
-Fixed a bug where you could draw your weapon after using a jump attack.
-Fixed a bug where players could roll and dive at very specific frames potentially avoiding fall damage.
-Fixed a bug where grabbing M60 and Flamethrower wouldn't keep the one with highest ammo.
-Fixed some commands (like /GIVE [PLAYER NAME] X) being case-sensitive.
-Various other fixes!

Map Editor
-Minor adjustment to allow joints inside groups to interact with non-grouped objects outside of groups.

ScriptAPI
+ Added System.Linq, System.Text and System.Collections namespaces to the ScriptAPI. You can now use Linq in the ScriptAPI.
+ IObject Game.GetObject(int uniqueID)
+ IPlayer Game.GetPlayer(int uniqueID)
+ IUser Game.GetActiveUser(int userIdentifier)
+ int IUser.UserIdentifier - Returns unique identifier for the User.
+ void IUser.SetPlayer(IPlayer player) - To set a player for the User to control.
+ int IUser.IsHost - If the user is the host.
+ bool IUser.IsRemoved - If the user is removed from the game.
+ int IUser.TotalGames - Score for total games.
+ int IUser.TotalWins - Score for total wins.
+ int IUser.TotalLosses - Score for total losses.
+ int IPlayer.UserIdentifier - Returns the player's user's identifier.
+ bool IUser.IsSpectator
+ bool IUser.Spectating
+ Gender IUser.Gender
+ Gender IPlayer.Gender
- long IUser.UserID is deprecated and should no longer be used. Instead use IUser.UserIdentifier.
9 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:30 pm

dedicated servers ... Female Characters ... leg and feet customization ... New maps ... new tiles ... Wall-diving Fix ... Tons of Bug Fixes ... a Huge Script API Update ...

HOLY **** !!!!!!

You Guys Are MY IDOLS !!!

You Can Also Get The Total Wins and loses ?! ... WOW !!!
2 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Host
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Host » Sat May 14, 2016 1:43 pm

Launcher stops working after downloading update. Can't click anything, I just crash when I click on the Launcher's window.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat May 14, 2016 2:06 pm

Host wrote:Launcher stops working after downloading update. Can't click anything, I just crash when I click on the Launcher's window.
You can always download the latest update here http://mythologicinteractive.com/Games/ ... eluxe.aspx
0 x
Gurt

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Sat May 14, 2016 2:09 pm

Aw yus.
Love the new female characters,didnt expect to find them in this update.
And I like how the silenced pistols and the revolver are a bit more useful now. They're too stylish not to use 'em.
I'm not really sure about the new leg skin. I mean,being able to choose style and color to it is a great thing,but their new shape seems a bit too slim for a superfighter. Maybe it's just because I'm not familiar with it.
EDIT: I just found out that the new legs works just perfectly with the female characters. And that the "No pants" option will probably lead to a dark age full of naked fighters.
Last edited by Del Poncho on Sat May 14, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Bash Kraken
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Action Hero Extraordinaire
SFD Alias: Bash Kraken
Started SFD: December 2012
Post by Bash Kraken » Sat May 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Holy cow. . . what have you guys gone and done? This is truly amazing, you should know. I'm sure you totally surprised a lot of people with the new customization options, because I sure was.
0 x
heck
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Host
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Host » Sat May 14, 2016 2:39 pm

Gurt wrote:
Host wrote:Launcher stops working after downloading update. Can't click anything, I just crash when I click on the Launcher's window.
You can always download the latest update here http://mythologicinteractive.com/Games/ ... eluxe.aspx
Nothing happens after clicking the "DOWNLOAD [INSTALLER] (PreAlpha 1.9.0)" button...nothing. I uninstalled the game for this, and now can't even download. fix your buttons please
0 x

Formel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Not drunk enough
SFD Alias: Col. Kelly Formel
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.2

Post by Formel » Sat May 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Holy crap, that's amazing! Such great work. I didn't expected this patch so soon and so big. I really missed leg customisation. Standart black pants were too black for me.
0 x
Regin of doom! Deciver of fools! Alcoholic! Bad puns included.

Ortimh
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Alias: Unknown
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1
Post by Ortimh » Sat May 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Holy.. SFD. Is this really happening? Female fighters aren't even one of the planned features. Well screw you guys for that! :)
Amazing update by the way. All the big things are inside this package, dedicated server, female fighters, leg/feet customization, new maps, new methods of ScriptAPI (I don't know why it's named that way).. really tired to type them more. Lovely!
1 x

dudely-kay
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Me, myself and I
Started SFD: 1.8.4
Post by dudely-kay » Sat May 14, 2016 4:54 pm

This update was really unexpected yet heavenly awesome ! I am really excited about the new official maps.
btw: would'nt cutting off the "IUser.UserID " method cause script failures to many maps ?
0 x

Esper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: In vainglory they arose, kinda
SFD Alias: Esper, Bachhal, Famfrit...
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.7.6c

Post by Esper » Sat May 14, 2016 5:18 pm

Oh wow, You guys surprised me so much in this update! Now I can expect even better stuff at the next update, thank You so much for developing this game, and keep it up!

HYPE TRAIN IS COMING[/size]
0 x
Inserting the most notorious, stupid and insulting thread where admins won't charge you for almost anything.

Judy
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Quitethespicymeme
SFD Alias: Judy
Started SFD: February 2015
Post by Judy » Sat May 14, 2016 5:56 pm

i know you guys have said that female characters are a long shooting objective, and you said it will be an unknown feature that might not apply...
But you people really showed interest in your community requests made us a huge surprise introducing the freaking female character, that's extraordinary, you're one of the best examples of community "wish furfillers" that no other game can be applauded for. You people are the best, Hjarpe, Gurt, you're some extraordinary persons, spending so much time coding and adding design features that brings beauty to the game, also pleasing the game community and listening to their request. Sometimes its not always necessary to rush things, some game developers do that and they make mistakes, but i have faith that you won't fail, and you will succeed in making a good game.

It's remarkable that, despite the effort you make to make the gameplay as smooth as possible, working to improve the game, and make it better, you added a feature that it was uncertain of it's arrival, you added the female character!
the female character has some sort of hooker vibe to it, i am so sorry if i offend you if i say that, but the long and bulky uuhh, chest, shows the attitude of an unhealthy fighting hooker, and that's not a bad thing, that's just a type of character, and i know you worked a lot to bring that design to please the female side of the gameplay community and i love you guys for that :) it shows your interest in making the players happy :D

when i posted a topic about this subject, someone came up with another type of character, a type of character that expresses strength and a battle-ready attitude and military posture.

- Warning: from now on is mostly sentimental stuff but it is in the same subject, i don't know if i'm supposed to write this...

because my mom spends most of her time to the work, i have mostly been raised by my father and he tried to raise me so i can defend myself, training me to not be dominated by others :P , and i have made a certain affinity towards masculine strength, and i look up to military themed character design, but also in a feminine way, expressed in the pink color Xp... this is why when i saw this guy's design i immediately fell in love with it.
Gurt wrote:Or here if you want the inlined version:
please? Hjarpe? ;-; i'm begging you T^T does it require animating?? i will have a holiday after 2 weeks, if this design requires new animation frames i will try and work on it somehow i would do anything possible so that this type of design of the female character to be added like this ;-; i just tell me what program should i use...

BUT GUYS don't add this because i ask you to do it, don't do it because you want to please a stupid girl with unreasonable stupid wishes, then don't add anything. Add it if anyone else demands it to be added. add it only if the majority would actually want to see this type of design. Idk perhaps it just needs some hair... maybe it will look good enough with hair and separated eyes only idk..

you we're probably gonna add this design later anyway, but because of the entire animation and work it demands, you made an actually good version of the female character that we see today in the game. but what am i saying, even you said you wouldn't introduce it now because there are more serious problems that need attention first, and what is truly remarkable is that you did it anyway, making a pleasant surprise to us by introducing that good female design!
sorry for my uneducated way of addressing this subject, i apologize if i offended anyone .-.

Edit: i just now realize that the eyes are just like the male's eyes, like a T shape, like there is a unibrown. Maybe if the eyes would be separated, it would look a bit better idk
Last edited by Judy on Sat May 14, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
9 x
I'm the Killer Queen :twisted:

Wolf
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Alpha Wolf
SFD Alias: Wolf
Started SFD: October 28/2015 (I think)

Post by Wolf » Sat May 14, 2016 5:58 pm

In case anyone else was facing the problem of error # 503, just force update the game.
1 x
(งಠಠ)ง COME AT MEH BOI (/ಠᴥಠ)/

DippyDaDewott
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Just a guy who loves SFD.
SFD Account: RealDippyDaDewott
SFD Alias: (SPZ)DippyDaDewott
Started SFD: 1.1.2 Around september 2012
Post by DippyDaDewott » Sat May 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Will we still be able to host the old - fashioned way?
0 x
"I've never saw a greater example of horse shit then real fucking horse shit."

gwendalaze
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Jarate Yellow Belt
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.4

Post by gwendalaze » Sat May 14, 2016 7:15 pm

DippyDaDewott wrote:Will we still be able to host the old - fashioned way?
it is
0 x
- Gwendalaze, failing at being fun, just like this signature

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Sat May 14, 2016 8:00 pm

I cant i have no words...
its my dream come true SFD updated :3
0 x

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Sat May 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Was excited mostly for dedicated serves, did not expect pants and boobs.

10/10 would be surprised again.
2 x
hello yes

Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0

Post by Player1 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:22 pm

I like the new update and all, but can I suggest adding back the original pants as (Default Pants)? (Same for shoes), because all of my costumes got ruined because of the customization standards. And also, I'd suggest adding back the Body Armour pants, so that the Body Armour doesn't feel incomplete. I joined Del Poncho's server and his costume just doesn't look right anymore.
0 x

Judy
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Quitethespicymeme
SFD Alias: Judy
Started SFD: February 2015
Post by Judy » Sat May 14, 2016 8:38 pm

Player1 wrote:I like the new update and all, but can I suggest adding back the original pants as (Default Pants)? (Same for shoes), because all of my costumes got ruined because of the customization standards. And also, I'd suggest adding back the Body Armour pants, so that the Body Armour doesn't feel incomplete. I joined Del Poncho's server and his costume just doesn't look right anymore.
I think the pants are ok
0 x
I'm the Killer Queen :twisted:

Bill
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Supreme Drop Kick
SFD Alias: ~BILL!
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by Bill » Sat May 14, 2016 9:21 pm

can host 24/7 now, good update
0 x