Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status Update 2020-03-09

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status Update 2020-03-09

Post by Gurt » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:12 pm

As of now, we're shifting our focus mainly to future projects. This means we will do little to nothing on SFD. If we're feeling inspired we might do some small content updates (like a new versus map or something) but no promises. Right now both of us need to take a break from SFD and shifting our focus on future projects we want to do. Spending around 8 years on one game like SFD with little room for anything else really takes it toll. We never had any plans to develop SFD forever and it certanly feels like we have tinkered with SFD forever at this point.

I know I will return to SFD towards the summer and complement the ScriptAPI with past and recent suggestions to improve it with missing features. But continued work on SFD will most likely be minimal from now on. So if you have any ScriptAPI suggestions now's the time!

The frequency of these status updates related to Superfighters Deluxe will also be reduced and I will only post when it feels relevant to do so.

I hope we don't go completely silent for the next years while we're working on upcoming projects. I hope we can share small insights along the way how we tackle problems, our workflow or some insights in some problem solving. I think there might be a place for that. We'll see, everything takes time but you can always reduce it to a few scentences a week and maybe an image :)
9 x
Gurt

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:43 pm

I really feel old right-now, i played this game for 7 years almost and i hope that there will be an continuation of this story...
Also i hope you'll make another games with map editor as well.

So bad, that after all these years i can't suggest anything great, because i know, that this will be also ignored.
You actually should check map editor suggestions once more... I hope you'll check.
3 x
-Content-maker.

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:24 am

lookin forward to those future projects ;)
0 x
but in reality

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:41 pm

Just promise you'll think about us once a week
1 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Ol1vver
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: olv
SFD Alias: olv
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4
Post by Ol1vver » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:23 pm

Adding proper modding will make the game more open: the community will grow (which results in more money (if not, add DRM too)), you could also focus on other projects, while releasing small updates like bugfixes. This might be a lot of work to rewrite the code to add compatibility, but it'll be worth it (in my opinion).
3 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:57 am

A little post-status update: As of now my preliminary plan is to spend one weekend each month (somewhere in the middle of the month) just working on the ScriptAPI and implementing new features and releasing a new update each month. I will focus on the features that are easy and quick to implement first. I wrote that I would return to the summer to work on the ScriptAPI but I think it's better to just spend one weekend each month instead to spread it out and deliver updates as time goes on and as long as I feel there's still easy and quick things to implement in the ScriptAPI.

This is why you might see some suggestion getting implemented rather quickly, just because they are quick and easy to implement. Other suggestions might not happen at all if they would require refactoring of underlaying code or something like that.
2 x
Gurt

Mr Argon
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Argón (steam)
SFD Alias: Mr. Argon
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.8.2c

Post by Mr Argon » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:32 pm

Good luck with your upcoming projects!..
Last edited by KliPeH on Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Modified post to remove suggestions; suggestions don't fit in status update threads, post them in the Ideas & Suggestions section.
2 x
I'м д Liттlэ оdd... sтill саи livе шiтн тнат.