Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Mapping Controller to Keyboard Not Working using third-party software

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
TheLegendOfAbe
Meatbag
SFD Account: TheLegendOfAbe

Mapping Controller to Keyboard Not Working using third-party software

Post by TheLegendOfAbe » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:18 am

Though not too hard to play on a keyboard, I feel like this game would be much easier, or at least more fluid, for me on some sort of gamepad. Seeing as how the game does not have built-in gamepad support, and probably won't for quite some time, I tried to use programs that mapped controller buttons to keyboard keys for use in Superfighters Deluxe. The programs I used are DS4Windows and InputMapper and, although they worked when testing on other games and my browser, neither programs functioned while in Superfighters Deluxe. Does anyone know why this is or know any other programs that have been successful for the same purpose?
0 x

gwendalaze
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Jarate Yellow Belt
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.4

Post by gwendalaze » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:31 am

I used joytokey back in time, I had to run joytokey as administrator and SFD with normal privileges
0 x
- Gwendalaze, failing at being fun, just like this signature

TheLegendOfAbe
Meatbag
SFD Account: TheLegendOfAbe

Post by TheLegendOfAbe » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:57 am

Oh ok, that seemed to work. Once I ran the programs with administrator privileges they worked fine.

Thanks for the help.
0 x