Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Player nickname in challenge

Give us your input on how we may improve the ScriptAPI in the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Player nickname in challenge

Post by Shock » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:11 am

I would like to suggest adding some script method that allows you to change player nickname and also hide symbol of team in some challenge...
Also, i am not coder and i don't know how that works, so i'm trying to suggest it correctly.

WHY?
1.Sometimes when you make plot-based challenges, you need to distribute the characters by names; (IPlayer.ChallengeNickname by ID of chosen spawn)
2.If you already did, you need to hide symbol so that it does not interfere with you; (IPlayer.TeamSymbolHide by ID of chosen spawn)
3.This way you can make full-fledged stories with certain names, to fully penetrate your character if it is about him, and not about you.
4.Also it's not correct to see that someone is talking to you by using another nickname.

Example:

ATTENTION: This scripts may work only in challenges or campaigns!
2 x
-Content-maker.

Mr Argon
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Argón (steam)
SFD Alias: Mr. Argon
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.8.2c

Post by Mr Argon » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:53 pm

I agree with that, I've always wanted to do that since Operation Sunrise was released. Even in that campaign, the first player is meant to be named "Gene" and it is also coded in the script, however, since it's Player One, you'll never be able to see its nametag display "Gene".

Also there's a lot of challenges in which your nametag changes, so I'm pretty sure it is posible.
0 x
I'м д Liттlэ оdd... sтill саи livе шiтн тнат.