Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[SOLVED] Unread threads are no longer marked as unread instantly

Here you can talk about other things not related to Superfighters Deluxe or other games by MythoLogic Interactive.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

[SOLVED] Unread threads are no longer marked as unread instantly

Post by KliPeH » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:55 pm

► Show Spoiler
This never happened before. The first occurrence happened today, and it's already pissing me off. I'm used to going through the threads one by one and the board automatically marking them as read the next time the section is refreshed. That is no longer the case, requiring at least 3 "refreshes" / a certain amount of time to pass until the thread is properly marked as read by the forum.

If you've changed something in the interface that causes this, please revert it. The 'Unread posts' tab is the only feasible way for a Mod like myself to browse the forums, and I'd like it to function flawlessly - much like it functioned up until this point.

EDIT: No, the thread did not have 2 pages. ALL threads have that delay, regardless of the amount of posts or pages they have. I specifically made sure I've "read" them all by scrolling down to the bottom, as can be seen in the .gif I recorded.
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:41 am

Bump.

I've confirmed the Unread posts tab is required to be refreshed exactly 2 additional times before it is cleared of the threads you just read. The same thing happens with notifications. Additionally, I've noticed a post I wrote wasn't updated when the change I made was written fast (I'm talking 1-2 seconds here). It just didn't register, for some reason. Rewriting the word and applying the change again seemed to fix it.

Please look into this, I'm afraid I don't have sufficient access to the ACP to do it myself.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Please keep in mind that we have NOT written the software for this forum.
I'm guessing that there's a batch running at certain intervals (maybe each 1 minute or so) that clears up read topics. We have NOT changed anything the past 6+ months on this forum. I also notice the slight delay before the list is cleared but this might be by design from the phpBB team. (I could reload the Unread posts tab more than 3-4 times and still having read topics in the unread list).

If you think it's a bug you could always ask about this behavior in the phpBB forums.
0 x
Gurt