Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

About forum Rule #4

Here you can talk about other things not related to Superfighters Deluxe or other games by MythoLogic Interactive.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Ab Hab
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Ab Hab
Started SFD: The year NBA 2K14 came out

About forum Rule #4

Post by Ab Hab » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:30 am

This isn't really about the game, but this was the most appropriate board I could find.

Forum Rule #4 (which can be found at the top of any sub-forum) forbids users from speaking a language that isn't English. Typing, rather. This is not OK, because many players I've encountered speak Spanish or Portuguese. I mean heck, this game has fans all over the world. So why should they be restricted to speaking a secondary language? Other fans can understand them.

Golly, if administrators and moderators need to be able to understand what posts say, they could just use a translating service (I know you have access to them, for we are currently on the internet). The rule should probably just be disposed of.
0 x

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:23 pm

It's not pleasant to join a forum and see posts and topics you cannot understand. While this may apply to english too, as some users can't speak it to an understandable level (or at all), it's the most widely spoken language in the world, and it's used as a "standard" language.

Having multiple languages in the same forum would create an enormous mess, and those non-english posts would only be understandable to just a small portion of the community, and consequently would only find answers/replies to that small slice of the pie.

If it's really needed, it's probably just better to have distinct forums for other languages, for what I understood the Russian community has one, for example. This way, anything directed to a specific language can be posted in it's forum, while a post to the whole community can be posted in this.
5 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:24 pm

This forum is primarily a direct way to connect to us, the developers, to share ideas, give feedback and report bugs and problems. To do this post in English only or we will have a big mess.

If users really need to post anything, they could use a translation-service of their choice.
2 x
Gurt