Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[REQUEST] Script for custom weapon spawn chances + Ban some SupplyCrates

Custom scripts
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

[REQUEST] Script for custom weapon spawn chances + Ban some SupplyCrates

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:19 pm

Simply put I need a script that can tweak the weapon spawn chances of weapons to my custom liking. Sure i could go into each and every map and tweak every single weapon spawn chance again and again, but that's honestly gonna take 1 hour probably. I already have a script to disable certain items from spawning, so i thought why not add to it and make a script that lets us tweak the spawn chance of remaining weapons.
There's also another problem i have, and which I'm sure other people that use scripts like this
Script that automatically replaces certain weapon/item spawns with other items/weapons"
(general description) That's what these scripts tend to do. Problem is that the other item/weapons that spawn then spawn excessively. In my server way too much hp and grenades tend to spawn, too many knives too and GL seems too common for my liking. I need a way to control this pollution over spawning.
There's another thing i'd like to happen. Be able to disable certain supply Crates from spawning entirely, like the blue ones and the question mark ones.
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:46 am

Its been 2 weeks and still no answers on any of my inquiries. I mean hell i knew the game was dying, but now the communities stone dead too.
Good job, devs 👏
0 x
Some die young
🎵

ebomb09
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: ebomb09

Post by ebomb09 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:26 am

Unfortunately it takes time to make scripts, and not a lot of people want to devote a ton of time to other's script ideas. I wouldn't blame the devs for the community not developing your script inquiries.
3 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:17 am

ebomb09 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:26 am
Unfortunately it takes time to make scripts, and not a lot of people want to devote a ton of time to other's script ideas. I wouldn't blame the devs for the community not developing your script inquiries.
Your right i shouldn't blame them for this, or perhaps the lack of interest the game gained resulted in fewer potential scripters. Anyway i was just trying to get an answer.

For 2 of my requests (no-throw, no-hard-scoping) i wasn't even asking for people to make scripts i know those scripts already exist, they just aren't publicly available. As for people being too busy, there's no excuse not to drop a reply for example where you saw the script last being used or who might have it.
And for this particular script, I'm not even sure if its possible so it would at least be great to have some confirmation of this. Who would not want to devote time to develop a script like this, which should have been an in-game option a long time ago in these final versions of the game (which the devs should have taken care of).
0 x
Some die young
🎵

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:54 am

Off Topic
Mighty Spirit the 2 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:17 am
For 2 of my requests (no-throw, no-hard-scoping) i wasn't even asking for people to make scripts i know those scripts already exist, they just aren't publicly available.
Either the script is private, or none of the forum readers have it, or none want to spend their valuable time making it (for free or for you). All three mean the same thing for the purposes of this thread - people can’t (or don’t want to) reply with meaningful information so the thread remains barren, as the rules require.

It’s not being buried under other threads or getting forgotten, there is simply no interest. “Me too” replies would be completely fine (to show interest in the script) but you got none of those either. Maybe try the Steam forums? Certainly beats crying about it in a followup post.
As for people being too busy, there's no excuse not to drop a reply for example where you saw the script last being used or who might have it.
Saying “there is no excuse” implies someone owes you a reasonable explanation, which they don’t. There is no interest in the script and people have so far not been able to make it. Nobody owes you a reply or a confirmation, or any work on your own script for that matter. Accusing the devs of killing the game will not convince anyone to help you. Script-makers in the past have been incredibly helpful in this community, and so have the devs (check other threads, in most of which at least 1 reply will be the answer) so this comes off as incredibly rude and disrespectful in my opinion.
Who would not want to devote time to develop a script like this, which should have been an in-game option a long time ago in these final versions of the game (which the devs should have taken care of).
Perhaps people who think there is nothing wrong with the game. People who don’t agree with your view of “balance”? People who don’t view this childish “hardscoping” term as valid. People who think implementing this would be a hassle, or time-consuming, or don’t have the skillset required to do so. People who don’t want to be taken for granted, those who are made to feel as if they owe others code they have worked hard to learn and master.

Try privately messaging some of the scripters who have helped others in the past here and see if they have any answers for you. I would also strongly recommend a change in attitude, not as a Moderator but as a fellow Superfighter and human being.
3 x

sfd
Meatbag
SFD Alias: FreeGunner
Started SFD: Steam Release

Post by sfd » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:53 pm

Try using Mythologic Interactive official discord: https://discord.gg/nECKnbT7gk
There is a lot of scripters and map-makers discussing there and they are almost 24/7 active there, try asking them. They probably know something.
1 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:13 am

After everyone was "busy" I got into some scripting and made one myself. Once you knew where to look this would take around 5 min. Literally.

Code: Select all

/*
* author: Mighty Spirit The 2.
* description: In-depth customization for spawns
* gamemodes: versus, custom
*/

public void OnStartup() {

IObjectTimerTrigger Timer1 = (IObjectTimerTrigger)Game.CreateObject("TimerTrigger");
    Timer1.SetIntervalTime(1);
    Timer1.SetRepeatCount (0);
    Timer1.SetScriptMethod("SupplyCategory");
    Timer1.Trigger();

Game.ClearWeaponSpawnChances(); //////Clears all Weapon Spawn chances, adds back weapons manually

Dictionary<short, int> update = new Dictionary<short, int>()
    {
///List 1, I use this.

{ (short)WeaponItem.PISTOL45, 35},
		{ (short)WeaponItem.GRENADES, 25},
		{ (short)WeaponItem.LAZER, 10 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.MOLOTOVS, 25 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.UZI, 25 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.MACHETE, 20 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.SUB_MACHINEGUN, 12 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.PILLS, 35 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.MEDKIT, 20 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.AXE, 10 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.TOMMYGUN, 8 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.ASSAULT, 12 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.M60, 5 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.SNIPER, 5 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.SHOTGUN, 14 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.MAGNUM, 12 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.SAWED_OFF, 12 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.REVOLVER, 30 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.KATANA, 8 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.BOW, 10 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.CARBINE, 15 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.FLAMETHROWER, 8 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.FLAREGUN, 13 },

{ (short)WeaponItem.MINES, 22 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.CHAIN, 25 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.KNIFE, 10 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.C4, 15 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.BAT, 25 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.PIPE, 25 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.BATON, 14 },
		{ (short)WeaponItem.WHIP, 6 },

//Alternative List, doesn't clear all weapons, just the ones you state below. Neutralise "Game.ClearWeaponSpawnChances();" and the list above first when running this. Disabled by default
/*
        { (short)WeaponItem.SLOWMO_10, 0 },
        { (short)WeaponItem.SLOWMO_5, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.STRENGTHBOOST, 0},
	{ (short)WeaponItem.SPEEDBOOST, 0}
	{ (short)WeaponItem.LAZER, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.PISTOL, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.BAZOOKA, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.GRENADE_LAUNCHER, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.SUB_MACHINEGUN, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.HAMMER, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.SILENCEDPISTOL, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.SILENCEDUZI, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.SHURIKEN, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.MACHINE_PISTOL, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.DARK_SHOTGUN, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.MP50, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.LEAD_PIPE, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.SHOCK_BATON, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.CHAINSAW, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.BOUNCINGAMMO, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.FIREAMMO, 0 },
	{ (short)WeaponItem.STREETSWEEPER, 0 },
*/
};
    Game.UpdateWeaponSpawnChances(update);
}

public void SupplyCategory(TriggerArgs args)
{
///Supply Crate types
foreach (IObjectSupplyCrate f in Game.GetObjectsByName("SupplyCrate00"))
{
if(f.GetSupplyCategoryType().ToString() == "Supplies" || f.GetSupplyCategoryType().ToString() == "Any" || f.GetSupplyCategoryType().ToString() == "Powerup") { f.Remove(); }
//if(f.GetSupplyCategoryType().ToString() == "Thrown") { f.Remove(); }

/*
///////Remove OP Weapons, useful when running Beta 1.0.2c as the "UpdateWeaponSpawnChance" won't function.
if(f.GetWeaponItem() == WeaponItem.M60 || f.GetWeaponItem() == WeaponItem.BAZOOKA || f.GetWeaponItem() == WeaponItem.GRENADE_LAUNCHER) { f.Remove(); } */
}}
If anyone wants it there. You can mess around with it all you want.
1 x
Some die young
🎵