Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

BotTaunts - A script to enhance your Singleplayer experience!

Custom scripts
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

BotTaunts - A script to enhance your Singleplayer experience!

Post by KliPeH » Sat May 04, 2019 2:47 pm

What is this?

This is a modified KillFeed script that allows Bots (and also players!) to automatically taunt opponents when certain actions are executed by them, or other actors around them. These action include:
  • Reactions to melee / ranged kills and deaths,
  • Reactions to fall / fire / explosive damage,
  • Reactions to the acquisition of items,
  • Reactions to the use of grabs and powerups,
  • Low-HP distress call-outs,
And more.

The script includes a setting to change how often taunts are displayed, and whether real players should use them too (disabled by default as to give real players the space to use chat freely). Each action has a randomized taunt selection which can be fully modified to the user's satisfaction.
Speech-bubble colors can be modified on an RGB scale (default settings feature default colors) to give each player a unique "personality" throughout the play session. Characters are also able to address themselves or their enemies using their nicknames for increased immersion value.
  Downloads   >> BotTaunts (Community) <<
| BotTaunts (Movie)
| BotTaunts (Blank)

Screenshots  
► Show Spoiler
  Why use this?  
Hosting a public multiplayer game does not always guarantee real players will join the server.

On these occasions, Bots can be used as a supplement or as an alternative way to have fun. Killing soulless AI fighters can get boring, though, so the taunt script aims to give players using it proper AI-feedback upon executing different moves and tactics. Bots will curse, mock, get frustrated with and berate other bots and players - in an attempt to simulate a real online game experience.

The default taunt-set features a large selection of (mostly toxic) SFD-related and general videogame terminology / slang to give the illusion of chat being used instead of a basic selection of typical AI responses. The script enables the AI to claim you cheat, use cheap tactics, make excuses as to why it lost, complain about various game features, shit-talk whenever it manages to win etc.

Taunts can be changed to movie or videogame quotes if the player so desires; hearing "Hasta la vista, baby" just before you're filled with lead can be surprisingly entertaining. A host can add their own funny quotes to the selection for the Bots to use, or choose to disable chat entirely and apply the automatic taunts on real players for a well-curated online experience.
  Taunts  
Please do not read the taunt list if you wish to be surprised!

My version (the "Community" pack) is a compilation of various phrases and terms commonly used by the SFD community and in other online games. The conversations between the Bots are entertaining because you don't know how they'll react, not until you've been using the script for a while. Seeing a new phrase will always catch you by surprise and I feel it is better be kept that way!

That said, I do believe in transparency, so this is the taunt selection you'll be getting if you download my toxic taunt pack.

NOTE: I deliberately avoid using profanity ("fuck you", "bitch", "pussy" etc.) in my version of the script to keep the toxicity on player-"friendly" levels. This is not something you should be worrying about. However, you can take your version in any direction you want.

► Show Spoiler

Notes  
  • As with many other scripts, the constant checks on player / bot actions may be slightly taxing on local performance and may very slightly decrease overall FPS and game loading times, although not on a noticeable level (I'm not experiencing any personally).
  • The speech-bubble taunts are also displayed in chat. This cannot be fixed unless the way speech-bubbles are displayed is changed. This can make noticing chat messages from real players difficult. It is recommended to disable automatic taunts for real players (disabled by default), lower the taunt trigger probability if the issue persists, and set real players to different teams so their nickname gets highlighted by a different color each.
  • Not every taunt in my community pack fits every situation perfectly. That's fine and can be expected with this large of a taunt selection.
  • Taunts are displayed for a couple seconds at a time, but they may still sometimes cover parts of the level or the UI (names and health / stamina in particular). If you're trying to conserve screen space, reduce the probability of taunts triggering using the master setting.
  • Damage numbers seen in the screenshots not included. The script can be found here.
  Credits  

The creation of the script would've not been possible without @ebomb09's KillFeed and Stats script.
BotTaunts is based on his work and was released with his written permission.
@Sree has taken KillFeed and has completely rewritten it to introduce the taunt features and have them fit our needs.
@Shock has written this incredible fucking thread and most of the melee-kill taunts were inspired by it.
Thank you, Shock. The script would've not been the same without you.
And most importantly, thank you, the player. Thanks for saying all these things over all these years; all these times you got upset and wanted to vent in chat, all these times you won and made sure everybody knew, your opinions about their playstyle, about the choice of maps and weapons, criticisms of the game's features and its devs.

Your complaints and insults have been duly noted and memorized, written down, fit into a script in a way that can make even the most hardy of SFD veterans enjoy getting shamed and humiliated. You've left a big imprint on the community and your words will forever stay in our memory.

---
Thanks for downloading, as always, all constructive feedback welcome!
Do feel free to share your own versions of the script!

10 x

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Sat May 04, 2019 5:20 pm

this script gets the xD guy's quality certificate 10/10 xD
1 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Sat May 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Taunts built of the worst SFD clan's "tricknames". Unseen before! Actually nice work. Xpenetration would be also an amazing bugskill, think about it
1 x
-Content-maker.

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Mon May 06, 2019 1:16 pm

This sounds horrible, good job.
8 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Mon May 06, 2019 3:20 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:16 pm
This sounds horrible, good job.
now put this script in both blurry's and mulefire's ok thank you :pray:
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon May 06, 2019 10:27 pm

"the action checks made by the script depend on a "flawed" system. That is the nature of the C# language the script API uses."
If you want a sequence of random numbers, only initialize one Random class and use it throughout your code/script. I find it easiest to just create a public static property with some lazy initialization and use that property throughout the code.
► Show Spoiler
3 x
Gurt

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Tue May 07, 2019 12:54 pm

I've applied what gurt suggested and did a few other tweaks, updated versions V

Community
Movie
Blank
(.zip of all 3 combined)
2 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed May 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Gurt wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:27 pm
"the action checks made by the script depend on a "flawed" system. That is the nature of the C# language the script API uses."
If you want a sequence of random numbers, only initialize one Random class and use it throughout your code/script. I find it easiest to just create a public static property with some lazy initialization and use that property throughout the code.
► Show Spoiler
Sree wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:54 pm
I've applied what gurt suggested and did a few other tweaks, updated versions V

Community
Movie
Blank
(.zip of all 3 combined)
A great contribution for a great cause. We're building the future of SFD here, folks. It was really difficult not to shed tears while reading this.
The OP has been updated. I have reuploaded my Community version with a few more taunts.

v1.1:
► Show Spoiler
I have also uploaded the most recent version of the script to SFDMaps.
See: http://sfdmaps.at.ua/load/scripts/small ... 9-1-0-4806

Thanks again, @Sree!

---

v1.2:
► Show Spoiler
---

v1.3:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by KliPeH on Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changelog updated.
3 x