Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[REQUEST] Script to remove random crits

Custom scripts
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

[REQUEST] Script to remove random crits

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:34 pm

So after getting some help to modify a script to remove certain weapons i didn't want for hosting in my server i need to require some help for another script. Removing weapons that i felt like took the fun out of the game and filled it with frustration trying to deal with them *cough* chainsaw *cough*, already made things a lot better. Besides a "No chainsaw" script already existed in workshop for a long time so i certainly wasn't the only one with this feeling.

I read that it was possible to remove randomized crits from automatic weapons entirely via scripting. I would also want to set 100% fixed crit chance for the sniper. However this script does not exist in the workshop, and i can't reach the SFD maps/scripts site cause it's down for a while now.
I can't script myself, that's why I'm asking for help. Can someone please create such a script and send it to me? Or even better post it directly in the workshop, if not i will post it there after receiving it with credit to the maker of course.

Thanks in advance. :)
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Odex64 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:44 pm

I've seen your server few hours ago "New Blurry's", I also noticed you were running many scripts and asking for more, that's why I made a competitive one. Basically I added all your requests and some extra features in a single file.

You can..
  • Disable grabs.
  • Show HP among all the players.
  • Prevent weapons and drones from spawning.
  • Use a custom crits for weapons or completely remove it.
  • Use a fixed crits rate for Snipers (and other weapons in future).
  • Change grabs damage.
  • Change explosions and fire damage.
  • I'll add custom damage for specific weapons on request.
You can customize or selectively enable features in map editor, just follow the instructions (it's easy).
Here's the link to the script, I hope you can enjoy again the game :) .
3 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:06 am

I will check it out ASAP. For some reason i didn't get any notification that someone replied or else I'd been first to download it. LMAO 😂

So i just gave it a try and i i want to say that i really appreciate how much effort you put into making it.
Now, sadly after playing a while i noticed that the sniper doesn't have 100% fixed crit chance. More like 97% maybe. If unfortunate you can't crit a player with 2 shots in a row. Update: that percentage was in the map editor. In my normal server the crit chance was 0%. And oh my god, not even a full shotgun blast will crit anymore. :lol:
There's also no section to edit Fire damages and explosion damage yet.
But yeah, i'm super happy that we can edit grab damages now. Is it possible to just do grab punch and not the throwing off maps?

I actually couldn't do edits to the script directly, i had to save it as something else first. If i want to remove more weapons i just add them after the ones already listed, right?

Just a thought but I'd like to edit throw damage's as well. And fall damages.
0 x
Some die young
🎵

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Odex64 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:46 am

Mighty Spirit the 2 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:06 am
Update: that percentage was in the map editor. In my normal server the crit chance was 0%. And oh my god, not even a full shotgun blast will crit anymore. :lol:
To be honest I tested the script only in map editor, and often map editor behaves different from the real game, but did you test the crits against bots or players? Bots are kinda ignored since I check only for Users (SNIPER).
EDIT: The fixed crit rate doesn't work against bots and/or when Infinite HP is on, but it works against players in normal conditions.

I actually couldn't do edits to the script directly, i had to save it as something else first. If i want to remove more weapons i just add them after the ones already listed, right?
Yeah, that's the way to go.

But yeah, i'm super happy that we can edit grab damages now. Is it possible to just do grab punch and not the throwing off maps?
I think that's possibile, I'll update the script later.

There's also no section to edit Fire damages and explosion damage yet...
Just a thought but I'd like to edit throw damage's as well. And fall damages.

oh, didn't I update it? :lol:, I already added fire and explosion damages after few minutes I uploaded the item on workshop.. I'll fix all the bugs and add the fall damage / grab thing as soon as I get back on my pc; thanks for testing and reporting.

UPDATE: I fixed some unnoticed bugs and added custom damages for fire / explosions / falls, and also an option to disable grab-throws. I'll probably add custom thrown force and damage too. Check the workshop page for a full description.
2 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:16 pm

I actually couldn't do edits to the script directly, i had to save it as something else first.
[...]
What I do is subscribe to the script on the Workshop, open it in the Map Editor, copy the script off the Script tab and paste it into a new text document. I name it whatever I want then unsubscribe from the Workshop entry so I don't see a duplicate of it in the script list.

Now you have a standalone script you can place into your Documents folder and edit directly through a text editor as you see fit.

@Odex64, that's some incredible work you did there. I remember there was discussion in the Discord server about making the game competitive with this selection of tweaks a few years ago, but scripters lacked the tools to execute the idea back then; glad to see someone finally taking action to satisfy the individuals leaning towards the competitive side of the game.

Thank you for your efforts!
2 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:40 pm

@Odex64 Your script is truly amazing now. Sadly i haven't been able to play it with people yet, but i'm sure it will be great.
There's only ever 1 problem in melee, and that's the stamina. Usually i always have /ie 1 on and that's never a problem if grabs is off. When grab is on however you start having these long ass combos that you can't do shit to escape + that with ie 1 and you will never leave alive. So what I've been thinking is that have a stamina system were if i don't use /ie 1 the punches and movements still drain stamina, but the bar is so big that you won't run out, and if you stand still it will fill up quickly. Is it possible to change how much stamina a grab takes? I know this was tweaked from Beta 1.0.2c to Steam. Because if that's possible i could make grabs take like 75% of the stamina, so in a combo this will prevent you from being able to immediately dive at your opponent for endless combos. The problem is the immediate dive after a grab, that leaves your opponent unable to do anything. I don't know is it possible to slow the stamina fill up with 1 or 2 seconds after landing a grab? And after that make it fast again? This will solve a lot of issues with melee.
0 x
Some die young
🎵

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Odex64 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:48 pm

Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:40 pm
@Odex64 Your script is truly amazing now. Sadly i haven't been able to play it with people yet, but i'm sure it will be great.
There's only ever 1 problem in melee, and that's the stamina. Usually i always have /ie 1 on and that's never a problem if grabs is off. When grab is on however you start having these long ass combos that you can't do shit to escape + that with ie 1 and you will never leave alive. So what I've been thinking is that have a stamina system were if i don't use /ie 1 the punches and movements still drain stamina, but the bar is so big that you won't run out, and if you stand still it will fill up quickly. Is it possible to change how much stamina a grab takes? I know this was tweaked from Beta 1.0.2c to Steam. Because if that's possible i could make grabs take like 75% of the stamina, so in a combo this will prevent you from being able to immediately dive at your opponent for endless combos. The problem is the immediate dive after a grab, that leaves your opponent unable to do anything. I don't know is it possible to slow the stamina fill up with 1 or 2 seconds after landing a grab? And after that make it fast again? This will solve a lot of issues with melee.
I can increase / decrease the stamina amount or consumption for each attack, but I can't manually set the current stamina after a specific action (like grabs); however I can try to track the player actions and block its movements (or stun) in some scenario (like grab + dive at 40%+ of stamina), etc..
EDIT: I just noticed I can actually set the current stamina through modifiers, and not the player itself. I didn't test it tho.

EDIT 2: I updated again the script, now you can add any weapon with a fixed crits rate, and set how much energy grabs consume, or even "temporarily" disable grabs on low stamina; plus you don't waste anymore energy when grabs are disabled; here's the link.
Let me know anything if you find a bug, or just have ideas for more features.
2 x