Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[REQUEST] Script to set Manual Weapon damages

Custom scripts
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

[REQUEST] Script to set Manual Weapon damages

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:59 pm

So i also read on forums that it was indeed possible to use scripting to manually change weapon damages. Oddly i've never seen this script, and it isn't posted on the workshop either. Because i removed certain weapons from my server, i would like to change the damages of the remaining items to differentiate them more from each other. And maybe nerf Flamethrower by a bit if that's possible.
Also is it possible to change the grab punch damage via scripting?

Why do i want these scripts? Well, in short, i realized that writing more posts on forums wasn't gonna change a thing, so any changes to balancing and etc. would have to be completely community driven. This community does exist, we just don't have the tools to aid us. If these scripts came into our hands perhaps we would have what it takes to take off. At least I'm hoping it can. Again i need someones help, I have no clue how to do this. I just heard it was possible.

If someone can give this to me you have mine/and others sincere thanks! 🥳
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:45 am

I don’t know much coding either, but I don’t think the game knows how to differentiate between different weapon projectiles. I was under the assumption most Hardcore scripts were based around setting different player health values whenever certain conditions were met (using ply.GetHealth and ply.SetHealth) as opposed to modifying the items or the projectiles themselves.

Reality and Hardline create a timer that counts how many projectiles hit the player in total (ply.Statistics.TotalProjectilesHitBy) and if the number is larger than 3 it kills them automatically; this has the effect of making every weapon a 3-shot-kill. You could also look into @Antonikon’s Hardcore Script and see if it helps you.

Maybe if you were to create a script that checked whether players got hit by a projectile, looked at the owner of that projectile, checked their inventory, and detracted/added health to each projectile based on the values you set for each item you could achieve this effect?
0 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:58 am

KliPeH wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:45 am
I don’t know much coding either, but I don’t think the game knows how to differentiate between different weapon projectiles. I was under the assumption most Hardcore scripts were based around setting different player health values whenever certain conditions were met (using ply.GetHealth and ply.SetHealth) as opposed to modifying the items or the projectiles themselves.

Reality and Hardline create a timer that counts how many projectiles hit the player in total (ply.Statistics.TotalProjectilesHitBy) and if the number is larger than 3 it kills them automatically; this has the effect of making every weapon a 3-shot-kill. You could also look into @Antonikon's
Hardcore Script and see if it helps you.

Maybe if you were to create a script that checked whether players got hit by a projectile, looked at the owner of that projectile, checked their inventory, and detracted/added health to each projectile based on the values you set for each item you could achieve this effect?
Thanks for your help, sadly i couldn't figure it out myself. I'm inexperienced and I really don't know what i could do. I'll re-post these on Steam Workshop and hope for the best.
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png