Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Publishing My Textures

Custom textures and sounds
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Publishing My Textures

Post by StarNord » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:39 pm

After finnaly being satisfied of all the textures i made, i looked to SFDmaps to release them, but after reading the guidelines i got scared, there was no way you could publish your textures without having a screenshot of them, which isn't what scared me, it was that if i messed up somehow my account would get terminated.

i looked at the other images that people posted and they were quite big atleast 400x300 pixels and my image was only 150x100 and i had no idea how to make it bigger without ruining the quality, can i get some help?

Here's the image it's a melee pack i spent days working on and i've tried enlarging it but it loses the quality
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:43 pm

StarNord wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:39 pm
there was no way you could publish your textures without having a screenshot of them, which isn't what scared me, it was that if i messed up somehow my account would get terminated.
We won't terminate your account at the slightest hint of a mess-up. We always look to see what the field contains; if you input a path to a file on your personal PC the screenshot will never work as you are not actually uploading an image to the site (this functionality was disabled to conserve space) and nobody else has access to that file but you. In such a case the entry will simply get removed, and it will more often than not be up to you to figure out what was wrong with it. The entry uploading guidelines are always there under the Info tab and it's your responsibility to read them, as it is to read the rules. If you input a proper link to an image but forget to add the ".png" or ".jpg" part that actually makes it show up for everybody, we'll fix it for you and let you know that's what we did.

You will only be banned if we see a clear attempt at "cheating" the system - like falsifying an image URL or writing inside the field to bypass it (last time we had someone write "screen shot sfd" in, while in the time before that we had a person write "xd"). Here's a tip: don't write "xd" into the screenshot field of your entry. I will personally make sure you never get to upload again. A map screenshot is a requirement and if you want your content hosted on the site you will respect that.
StarNord wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:39 pm
i looked at the other images that people posted and they were quite big atleast 400x300 pixels and my image was only 150x100 and i had no idea how to make it bigger without ruining the quality, can i get some help?
Open the screenshot in the default Windows image preview software and zoom into the image (Ctrl + Scroll MMB Up). Use the default Windows snipping tool to capture the enlarged image and upload that to an image-hosting site of your choice (Imgur is preferred, avoid uploading to Google Docs or MediaFire).
3 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:43 pm
Open the screenshot in the default Windows image preview software and zoom into the image (Ctrl + Scroll MMB Up). Use the default Windows snipping tool to capture the enlarged image and upload that to an image-hosting site of your choice (Imgur is preferred, avoid uploading to Google Docs or MediaFire).
Holy shit! That's soo damn smart! never knew one could just jury-rig it like that, I thought getting a higher resolution image actually required these sophisticated programs, you guys should really make a tutorial on the SFDmaps website for posting textures since this is a really handy tip for newbies like me who got into texturing because of this game and have no prior experience

also i probably should've posted this with the topic but... Is putting the .rar file in this field right?
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:53 pm

StarNord wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 pm
you guys should really make a tutorial on the SFDmaps website for posting textures since this is a really handy tip for newbies like me who got into texturing because of this game and have no prior experience
The tutorial we have under the Info tab is basic and goes over the process of uploading not only maps but also scripts and textures onto the website. We prefer to keep it as short and as generic as possible.
StarNord wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 pm
Is putting the .rar file in this field right?
Yes.
1 x