Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Can I Add Custom Music To The Game?

Custom textures and sounds
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Can I Add Custom Music To The Game?

Post by hyper copter » Sun May 19, 2019 8:18 pm

Title says it. I really want my own music to play automatically at the start of every round and fade away at the end of each one; Just like original soundtracks do. Instead of having to manually start and stop the music. Is that possible?
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 pm

You can only do so by replacing the existing tracks in the steamapps\common\Superfighters Deluxe\Content\Data\Sounds\Music folder with your own tracks. Not recommended though as Steam will overwrite these files next time we release an update.
0 x
Gurt

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Tue May 21, 2019 1:14 am

Gurt wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 pm
You can only do so by replacing the existing tracks in the steamapps\common\Superfighters Deluxe\Content\Data\Sounds\Music folder with your own tracks. Not recommended though as Steam will overwrite these files next time we release an update.
And... How exactly do I do that? Do I delete a track, Copy my own to the "Music" folder & give it the name of the deleted track?
1 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Tue May 21, 2019 4:16 am

hyper copter wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:14 am
Gurt wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 pm
And... How exactly do I do that? Do I delete a track, Copy my own to the "Music" folder & give it the name of the deleted track?
Really, but musics needs is in .mp3
► Show Spoiler
5 x
Just me The Predator!

RiceSuck
Fighter
Fighter
Title: It just a Rice
SFD Account: gameofquy@gmail.com
SFD Alias: gameofquy@gmail.com
Started SFD: Started SFD in 5/6/2015

Post by RiceSuck » Tue May 21, 2019 9:44 am

hmm , idk how but i like old music
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Tue May 21, 2019 1:52 pm

You have to take the MP3 file of your choice, and you need to rename it to an already existing song in the game. For example, lets say you want to but Darius Sandstorm instead of the Menu Theme. You would rename “Darudesandstorm.mp3” to “menutheme.mp3” then replace the file. I recommend you copy the original files as well as make a seperate folder with your new music. I actually made an example here.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by hyper copter » Wed May 22, 2019 1:08 am

RickAvory wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:52 pm
You have to take the MP3 file of your choice, and you need to rename it to an already existing song in the game. For example, let's say you want to but Darius Sandstorm instead of the Menu Theme. You would rename “Darudesandstorm.mp3” to “menutheme.mp3” then replace the file. I recommend you copy the original files as well as make a seperate folder with your new music. I actually made an example here.
It worked, Thanks for your help.
1 x
- Andrew B. Sweger.