Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

HiLite - A lightweight, modern weapon texture pack!

Custom textures and sounds
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

HiLite - A lightweight, modern weapon texture pack!

Post by KliPeH » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:19 pm

HiLite

An up-to-date weapon pack that highlights each and every item for convenience.

>> HiLite (Complete Edition) <<
 | HiLite (Weapons)
| HiLite (Supplies)
         | HiLite (Streetsweeper)
  | HiLite (Crosshairs)
 | HiLite (Language)
  Features
  • Highlighted items!
    • A white border on held, dropped or otherwise equipped weapons. Easier to spot on the ground or on your opponent's person.
    • Makeshift weapons highlighted only when held in fighters' hands, so as to not disrupt gameplay.
    • Highlighted magazines easier to notice when enemies reload weapons.
    • Primed explosives and special projectiles (arrows / rockets / GL grenades) are highlighted in red to warn you of danger.
    • Supply crates given a white border allowing them to be spotted easily in chaotic environments.
    • Laser attachment given a border to perfectly* fit all new weapon models.
  • All items customized!
    • Modern weapon variants that don't feel out of place! *glares at MP50*
    • Consistent color palette, shading and sprite quality make the pack look neat and tidy.
    • Size adjustments - realistic melee weapon sizes, secondaries scaled to be smaller in comparison to primaries, power weapons adjusted to look bigger in comparison to weaker weapon variants, equipment and powerup sizes also tweaked.
  • Melee weapon modifications:
    • Chainsaw active / inactive sprites have been switched, as suggested here.
    • Lead Pipe no longer disrupts the flow of time and swallows light itself; glint introduced.
    • Baton and Shock Baton no longer identical models.
    • ChainM now a proper pile and not... whatever it was previously.
    • WhipM no longer looks like a beehive.
    • Knife shrunk back down to normal size proportions.
  • Equipment modifications:
    • C4 charge no longer excessively small.
    • Shuriken no longer excessively large.
  • Powerup modifications:
    • Slow-mo and syringe items are now foods and drinks.
    • LazerM now an actual attachment instead of some box.
    • BouncingAmmoM and FireAmmoM drop as physical rounds.
  • Streetsweepers have been adapted to a semi-realistic theme and are now armed quadcopter drones.
  • All mags have been retextured and fit their respective weapons. No more odd-looking weapon/mag combinations.
  • Proper pickup names**; none of the "Assault Rifle" or "Light Machinegun" nonsense. Weapons represent their real-life counterparts.
  • Supply crates have been streamlined with a uniform color and consistent sprite.
  • A selection of custom crosshairs - Circle (pack default), Chevron, Cross, 3-Post Cross, Square, Dot, and Plus-shaped.
  Item Changelog
► Show Spoiler
  Notes  
* Due to the laser sight modification the attachment looks a bit weird on the Bow, the Bazooka and the Flare Gun. Nothing I can fix.

** Custom weapon names make use of a personalized language pack that is required to be installed and selected in the options menu in order for pickups to display properly. It was built using the default English language pack, so custom-language users will either have to switch to English [HiLite] or apply the changes to their respective language file(s) manually.

In order for custom pickup names to be displayed the English [HiLite] language has to be selected from under Settings > Selected Language. The game may need to be restarted in order for the changes to apply properly.

Some changes to default sprite sizes have been made, this means a few weapons will clip through the fighter's legs when held (namely the Chainsaw as by default, the M249 and the AK-74M) or the ground when dropped at a certain angle (Shovel, Shock Baton, Chain, Bullwhip, Silenced USP and Micro-Uzi). A C4 Charge will slightly clip through the floor if it is laying on the ground upside down. All the powerups will look weird if flipped as none kept their original sprite size. If this is something that bothers you refrain from installing this pack.

Installing and uninstalling HiLite is done by unpacking/removing the Content folder in/from your Documents SFD directory:
C:\ Users \ YOURNAME \ Documents \ Superfighters Deluxe

Additional content not pictured in the preview:
 - Modified makeshift weaponry.
 - Custom melee weapon debris.
 - Custom supply crate parachute.
 - Custom projectiles (rockets / GL grenades / arrows).
 - Custom streetsweeper crate and wreckage.
 - Custom crosshairs.
  Credits     ---
Thanks for downloading, as always, all constructive feedback welcome!
10 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:51 pm

Ahh, Finally. Something that restores my faith in this god damn community.
2 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:33 am

The only thing I disliked on this pack is the "Supply crates now streamlined with a uniform color and consistent sprite" part. Personally, I prefer the crates to be colored and dumbly refer to them as "blue crate" and "yellow crate", what is a pity because I wanted these different symbols. Everything else in this texture pack is neat.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:06 am

hyper copter wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:51 pm
Ahh, Finally. Something that restores my faith in this god damn community.
Glad I could help. I made the pack for my own personal use, as I tend to do with any other texture or script. I then realized having highlighted items not only looks good but also benefits the player; I intended to "market" the pack as a newbie-friendly tool that helps spot and identify items faster. In addition to highlighting primed explosives it would also display explosive ranges and have larger identifiers (arrows) over the different supply crates.

As the pack was nearing completion these ideas were scrapped. I decided to simply publish the pack as my own take on the default weapons with a white border twist. I think HiLite still turned out pretty well and is probably my most complete and best looking project so far.
Noble wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:33 am
The only thing I disliked on this pack is the "Supply crates now streamlined with a uniform color and consistent sprite" part. Personally, I prefer the crates to be colored and dumbly refer to them as "blue crate" and "yellow crate", what is a pity because I wanted these different symbols. Everything else in this texture pack is neat.
The supply crates were one of the final additions to the pack. I did not intend to modify the crates this way but still wanted to experiment; I didn't think to include the crates in the release version, only keep them there for personal use. I ended up including them anyway so the pack feels more "complete" and in-line with the base idea that every single thing in the mod has a border.

The thing that irked me about the default crates was that the symbols were not detailed and the circle around them was not uniform in size and shape. While fixing these issues I colored the crates the way I did. I like how each crate is now treated "equally" - same circle size, same color palette. This suits my playstyle too - I hunt for crates not for the items but rather to deny my opponent of resources. It doesn't really matter what's in the crate, only the fact that I opened it and it's mine.

I have to admit this is one of the few un-player-friendly features in the pack. No difference in color means crates take longer to identify in the heat of battle. That said, I am a seasoned SFD veteran so this change doesn't bother me. Feel free to download the HiLite (Weapons) version for the full HiLite experience minus the custom supply crates and parachute.
2 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:59 pm

yes yes very nice
0 x
-Evilsack

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 pm

Ding-ding-ding! Update time!

• Added powerup textures; abstract / syringe items are now food and drinks.
    • Strength boost is now a SuperMeal.
    • Speed boost is now an Energy Drink.
    • 5 sec slomo is now Beer.
    • 10 sec slomo is now Vodka.
  • Slightly reshaded and recolored most makeshift weapons (not shown in the preview).
    • Items highlighted only when held in fighters' hands and not on the playfield, so as to not disrupt gameplay.
    • FlagpoleUSD now held upside down so it hits with the ouchie-boo-boo end.
    • Teapot00D no longer as large as an industrial-sized crate.
    • Suitcase00D outlining now vintage brown.
  • Misc. item modifications:
    • M1 Garand given a sleek new coat of paint and a sturdier barrel. Throwing sprite fixed.
    • M97 Grenade Launcher made shorter and given a front sight post.
    • Kukri sheath reshaded to look less like a blade and more like a sheath.
    • Kitchen Knife sheath reshaded and made larger.
    • Frag Grenade glint modified.
  • Melee weapon debris no longer highlighted. No reason for it to be.
  • You can now choose between the Circle, Chevron, Cross, 3-Post Cross, Square, Dot, and Plus-shaped crosshair variants.
  • Added punctuation to most game texts, slightly rephrased and restructured most gameplay tips.
--- The OP has been updated with all the new features. The preview image has also been updated.
Previous preview image for reference:
► Show Spoiler
---  
Thanks for the 200 downloads on SFDMaps! Working on this has been a pleasure.
0 x