Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

What language is SF and SFD programmed in?

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Dr_Java
Meatbag

What language is SF and SFD programmed in?

Post by Dr_Java » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:56 am

I would like to offer help making a Mac version for Steam, but first I'd need to know what the current version is running.
0 x

Corporal Adrian Shephard
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Cpl Adrian Shephard

Post by Corporal Adrian Shephard » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:59 am

I dont know if they are looking for help, -probably they dont- but if i remember correctly it was using C#. Hope i am not wrong.
0 x

gwendalaze
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Jarate Yellow Belt
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.4

Post by gwendalaze » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:15 pm

Flash for SF (if I remember well) and, as said shephard, C# for SFD
0 x
- Gwendalaze, failing at being fun, just like this signature

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:30 am

Dr_Java wrote:I would like to offer help making a Mac version for Steam, but first I'd need to know what the current version is running.
Dear Dr_Java

The original Flash SF was made in Flash (oh, what a surprise!) using ActionScript language. It is Adobes most used programming language. It is possible to understand with C# background, since it is quite similiar to C and maybe Java? If you want to open the game you should use FFDec (Jpexs Free Flash Decompiler). It is a very good tool to open the code (and the resources). At first download the SF exe from homepage.

People often complain that some features from SF are missing from SFD, an why they are not just copied. The reason why they can't be obtained this way, is that simple fact that they are made with different languages. Gurt and Hjärpe had to code SFD from scratch, they didn't build it up on SF. They used XNA Framework and .Net programming with C#. It was readable with any .Net coding program in Pre-Alpha, but now the code has been obfuscated (bad gurt :(), so you can't read it directly.

Hope this helped you.
1 x