Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Alpha 1.2.0 is here!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Alpha 1.2.0 is here!

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Alpha 1.2.0

-Updated Tutorial.
-Updated Template map.
-New items: Helmet 2, Fedora 2, Dog Tag.
-You can now start the server software from the launcher.
-Toggle-throwing-mode is now prioritized over attacking, so pressing toggle-throwing-mode mid-combo will abort the combo.
-Toggle throwing mode is now queued properly while throwing a grabbed player.
-Toggling throwing mode during sprint-jumps no longer slows you down.
-Charging a throw (priming a mine/grenade/molotov) during sprint-jumps no longer slows you down.-
-Optional "-start" command line argument added that will auto start the game/server. Now possible to autostart the server with command "'Superfighters Deluxe.exe' -start -server" which can be added to autorun programs if you want.
-Updated the main font so that "I" and "l" are no longer identical (to prevent account name impersonation).
-Added sound and screen shake effect to the pistons on the Pistons map.

Map Editor:
-Added multi-edit support: you can now see and edit the common properties of multiple selected tiles at once.
-New start option added to be able to test a map using 0 to 8 players. Toggle control between characters by pressing Shift+F1 to Shift+F8.
-New PlayerCommandTrigger to let players perform scripted actions. See the in-editor help for more details.
-New DialogueTrigger to display speech bubbles with text. This is a work-in-progress.
-Improved PlayerSpawnMarkers with more options to customize how the player will spawn. See the in-editor help for more details.
-Improved PlayerSpawnTrigger with options for startup throwables and powerup items and initial team.
-Added PlayerInputEnableTrigger to be able to enable/disable player input for a specific player.
-Added PlayerModifierInfo to be able to modify certain properties for individual players.
-Added PlayerTerminateTrigger to be used to remove/gib or kill players spawned from PlayerSpawnTrigger/PlayerSpawnMarkers.
-OnDeathPlayerTrigger can now be filtered on a specific player directly in the editor.
-AreaTriggers can now be filtered on specific objects and players directly in the editor.
-The map editor now caches certain editor content. Subsequent startups will be faster.

ScriptAPI:
-Added Game.CreateDialogue(), Game.GetDialogues() to be able to manage dialogues.
-Added IPlayer.AddCommandAction(), IPlayer.ClearCommandQueue(), IPlayer.PerformedCommandCount, IPlayer.CurrentCommandIndex and IPlayer.TotalCommandCount to be able to manage player commands.
-IPlayer.RunToPosition() is obsolete (and will be removed in future versions) and replaced with player command 'MoveToPosition'.
-IPlayer.SetBotType(), IPlayer.BotType is obsolete (and will be removed in future versions) and replaced with the new concept "BotBehavior" which will control how a bot will behave.
-Added IPlayer.SetBotBehavior() and IPlayer.GetBotBehavior() to control how the AI should control the player (these are placeholder functions and can only activate the old BotType.TutorialA atm).
-Added IPlayer.IsAIControlled property to get if the IPlayer is currently controlled by the AI.
-Added IPlayerStatistics.TotalShotsFired, TotalItemsThrown, TotalPlayersThrown, TotalReloads, TotalEmptyGunsFireAttemts.
-Added IObject.GetMaxHealth() to be able to read maximum health of an object.
-Added OnShutdown() that's always run with signature "public void OnShutdown()" in scripts before a map restart or when a script is stopped. Store some final information to Game.Data if needed here.
AfterStartup() is now run for scripts started mid-game as well.
-OnStartup() is now run before triggers that activate on startup. AfterStartup() is now run after triggers that activate on startup. OnShutdown() is run before a map restart or before a script is stopped.
-Game.RunCommand() can now run any command from extension scripts.
-Added User.Ping property to read current ping.
-Added IPlayer.SetModifiers(), IPlayer.GetModifiers(), IPlayer.ClearModifiers() to be able to change modifiers for players.
-Updated IPlayer.SetProfile(), IPlayer.GetProfile() to be able to change profile for players.
-ObjectPlayerSpawnTriggers can now be fully changed via the ScriptAPI.
-The OnPlayerDeathEvent can now bring players back to life by calling SetHealth with a value higher than 0.
-Added IObjectOnDestroyTrigger.Reset() to reset the destroyed counter and "re-active" the trigger.
-Added IObject.GetMaxHealth() and updated summary on IObject.SetMaxHealth(value).

Bug fixes:
-Fixed a bug where thrown items going through portals would hit players located anywhere between the portals.
-Fixed a bug where holding both direction keys while rocket riding caused the rocket on other clients to act crazy.
-Fixed a bug in map "Pistons" where players sometimes wouldn't be gibbed properly in the machines.
-Fixed a bug where you could select template maps with the /map command.
-Fixed a bug where you could get knocked down by jumping over recently thrown players.
-Fixed a bunch of bugs related to the moderator list and ban list handling.
-Fixed a bug that caused a little bit of energy to be drained while standing still when pressing toggle-sprint (default Shift).
-Fixed a bug where you couldn't whisper to people from the server software.
-Fixed a bug where the camera would keep shaking after a map transition.
-Fixed a bug where the player's name could be white in the scoreboard even when not logged in.
-Other fixes and tweaks.

Update: Alpha 1.2.0b is out!
-Fixed a bug where the 3-hit combo caused increased knockback on grabbed players.
-Fixed bugs related to player positioning and rotation while caught in a dive.
-More accurate magazine spawn positions when reloading guns.
-When throwing a grabbed player, your own velocity is added to the thrown player's velocity (when you are standing on a moving object for instance).
-Other minor fixes and tweaksies.
8 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:49 pm

I can't Descripe How Happy Iam Now , This Update Is The One i Was Waiting So Long to See , Thanks Dynamic Duo ! :D
0 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:51 pm

Oops, we forgot to include the new Tutorial map in the update. We promptly released a hotfix.
4 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.

Elite Hunter
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Elite Hunter » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:17 pm

now that this update is out, which it took a lot of time for you guys to create (which i respect). are there going to be more frequent updates?
1 x

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:52 pm

The modifiers and other property additions to objects is great to see, helps cut down on scripts for simplistic things like area triggers only activating on x item entering the area.

Getting a throw distance and jumping power added to the player modifier marker would be fun for stupid things like super jumps or throwing items/people half-way across the map.
0 x
hello yes

Zere
Fighter
Fighter
Started SFD: 1.2.0

Post by Zere » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Great update!
I really like the new Tutorial, except this guy
Last edited by Zere on Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
Men ;D

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:10 pm

Elite Hunter wrote:now that this update is out, which it took a lot of time for you guys to create (which i respect). are there going to be more frequent updates?
Since this one was mostly behind-the-scenes stuff, we'll probably make something smaller but with obvious gameplay value next, like a new weapon or item.
4 x

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:30 pm

Damn, that's a nice update!
The new Tutorial is pretty solid (especially the guy on our team, heh) and I hope that in the next update we will play with Burnt skin (really good work with this).
0 x

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:03 pm

6 x
hello yes

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Just uploaded the missing setup file for the latest version. The download link works again.
2 x
Gurt

Rhodes
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: I am Rhodes!
SFD Account: Rhodes
SFD Alias: Rhodes
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Rhodes » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:14 am

Hjarpe and Gurt. Thank you SOOOO much!!
I've been waiting a long time for this stuff ;)
0 x
IF YOU PLAY SFD I'M COMING AFTER YOU!!

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:37 am

Only one word: HYPE

And, as usual i am not at home to play that update (i couldnt play the last 3 mayor updates the first day, which is sad fir a superfighter...)
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Awesome update! The feeling I got when seeing that tutorial bot aiming at me... There are so many new possibilities!
2 x
Hold your breath.

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:39 pm

-Fixed a bug where the 3-hit combo caused increased knockback on grabbed players.
-Fixed bugs related to player positioning and rotation while caught in a dive.
-More accurate magazine spawn positions when reloading guns.
-When throwing a grabbed player, your own velocity is added to the thrown player's velocity (when you are standing on a moving object for instance).
-Other minor fixes and tweaksies.
3 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:26 am

Let's go to make...
3 x
Just me The Predator!

The Adventurer
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The Lone Wolf

Post by The Adventurer » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:12 pm

yeah new scripts... i'll be good... noice update gents...
0 x
Good Adventures Gentlemen...

-The Adventurer

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:44 pm

Great update but if you're gonna start working on the chat can you make it so if I bind my keys to caps it doesn't affect the chat? I mean come on I asked about this while we were still in pre-alpha and lord behold the problems still freaking there. :?
0 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:01 pm

[Failman] wrote:Great update but if you're gonna start working on the chat can you make it so if I bind my keys to caps it doesn't affect the chat? I mean come on I asked about this while we were still in pre-alpha and lord behold the problems still freaking there. :?
I don't remember this suggestion, and I don't think it's a given that it should work like that. Others would complain that caps lock doesn't work in chat.
1 x

NoOne
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: LegioNPL
SFD Alias: None
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.7.0

Post by NoOne » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Nice update devs. :D :D :D
0 x
Don't mess with mad guy

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
[Failman] wrote:Great update but if you're gonna start working on the chat can you make it so if I bind my keys to caps it doesn't affect the chat? I mean come on I asked about this while we were still in pre-alpha and lord behold the problems still freaking there. :?
I don't remember this suggestion, and I don't think it's a given that it should work like that. Others would complain that caps lock doesn't work in chat.
If caps lock is activated the key input we receive from windows (user32.dll) will be in upper case. There's nothing broken here. Consider to not bind any actions to your caps lock key. ;)
1 x
Gurt