Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

why do people hate the "grab" feature so much?

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
BoopicDuck
Meatbag
SFD Account: BoopicDuck

why do people hate the "grab" feature so much?

Post by BoopicDuck » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:53 pm

it's the part of the game and i find it very balanced, if you know how to avoid it then it's not a problem
2 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:23 pm

I think the two main reasons are that grabbing has the potential to immediately kill a player (throwing him into acid for example) and also the melee combos (such as kicking while falling from a crate and then grabbing).

For me, the new combo possibilites made melee much more fun and dynamic than the old standing punch-block melee. You can (and should) use objects and the environment around you: jump on top of crates and barrels, get makeshift weapons, use ladders, dive players into pits. If you're close to a pit, you should be especially careful about being grabbed, so get away from the pit, punch the enemy repeatedly, jump over his grab, or even better, try to grab him yourself.
6 x
Hold your breath.

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:39 pm

grabs are godlike i'd be mad too > : (
1 x
but in reality