Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

JoyToKey-Controllers On SFD

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
_Batman_Shadow_
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Just A Color
SFD Account: Shinobi(variants)
SFD Alias: Shinobi
Started SFD: Around Pre-A 1.7.3
JoyToKey-Controllers On SFD

Post by _Batman_Shadow_ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:04 pm

i was experimenting with my ps4 controller and DS4 windows,and found out that JoyToKey can be used to play SFD :shock: It was hard,since there is no way to swap weapons precisely,since it is a 1 2 3 methods and not a > > > > Method like minecraft,so i just relied on my keyboard to play after having trouble with it.But this is where you come in!

For Xbox And PS4 Controllers,what do you think will be the mappings? I used Square For Melee,O for kick etc etc. What do you think should be the mappings?Ill experiment if they are good and should be used For PS4 and Maybe,Just Maybe we can have "Partial controller Support" later on in the creation of SFD Or even a Controller Community who feel which mappings We should use beside the defaults

Drop your Suggestions Below :)
0 x
*Swish*Cling*Bash*Out Of The Shadows Mudafucka!!!!*Pitter Patter

Noonja

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:45 pm

With future local coop we will need alternative keys for swapping weapons.
We will probably support a prev/next weapon (still one separate button for activating powerups).
An alternative way would be to have one dedicated button to enter some sort of "swap weapon" mode where the direction keys after would determine one of the 4 weapon slots (still one separate button for activating powerups). We're still exploring this idea.
This would work better with gamepads but also reduces potential spacy-keybinding setups on the keyboard for 2 players and keyboard ghosting.

You could have that in mind while trying to figure out some mappings on a gamepad :)
0 x
Gurt

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Batman, I made a suggestion a while ago, check it out if you're interested: https://www.mythologicinteractiveforums ... ?f=9&t=247
0 x
Hold your breath.