Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Community Selected Texture Pack

Custom textures and sounds
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
TheYourocktube
Meatbag
Title: Male
SFD Account: Yrk
Started SFD: When There Were 2 Genders

Community Selected Texture Pack

Post by TheYourocktube » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:29 am

To vote click here. To understand what you are voting on, please continue reading (or CTRL+F voting).

Background
Couple of months ago- I created a texture and sound pack compilation. I took textures from several packs uploaded on the map site. I was satisfied with the result. The original discord chat received the pack. The small amount of users who decided to use the compilation complained about certain unfavorable weapons. Needless to say, I didn't give two damns. Well, now I do.

Goal
My plan is to get feedback from the community by putting the textures side by side. Using the data, I can mix and match textures to create a new pack that everyone can agree on. The pack will be automatically loaded with the voted weapons. A secondary pack will provide most sounds from the "Unpixelated" pack and other packs. Separate player sound packs are also provided (look for "player sound effects" below).

I've organized 4 major texture packs and their weapons in a pack titled Organized Pack. Other major texture packs are included in their raw folder formats (Organized Pack/Unorganized). Moreover, I've added a read me file with links to this forum post and to the map site.The major weapon packs are: Eurocorp; Guerrilla; Realistic; Remastered.

Organized Pack
| Preview (pictured below)
| Download

I refer to the following files as player sound effects:

Here are some already(planned) created packs:

Goldeneye 64 [v.1]
| Download

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
| Download

Super Mario World [PLANNED]
| Download unavailable

Pac-Man [PLANNED]
| Download unavailable

Fallout Series [PLANNED]
| Download unavailable

Pokemon Red & Green [PLANNED]
| Download unavailable

Mix and match to create an interesting pack.

You can create your own mini pack using the player sound pack creator. Download it below. It includes everything you need to create sick player sound packs.

Player Sound Packer
| Download

Here are some community made packs (empty as of now). Upload your pack there.

I'll occasionally update the post with more community made player sound packs (try saying that twice as fast).

Voting

Players who voted in the original discord can vote again- IF they support the server (2 votes). I'll create a pack with every voted weapon. Afterwards, I'll create a secondary pack with most of the same weapons and the following features: Unpixelated soundpack with new sounds, full language pack, reskinned guns, pre-installed chaildo, Tec 9 over Uzi, muted jump sound, possible laser gun, some different guns, and mixed player sounds.

Anyway, please pick a texture, any texture!
Before you vote, copy a link to your profile on the forums. You must paste it in the first "question". With that said:

Weapon Voting Page
| Vote!

For chains, scroll down.

Here are your choices (for reference):

Click the images to view a better picture.

Handgun

Rifle

Melee

As for the chain, you can select one of the following chains.

Star Wars Red
Star Wars Blue
Chaildo (pronounced Chain-do)
Snek

Chaildo in the flesh:

Chains (Snek sold separately)
| Download

Credits [WIP]

I will credit the creators of the textures when the first pack is complete. The second pack will have it's own set of credits, which will be very similar to the first. Thank you for reading.

Change log:

8/18/17
- Added Chains section
- More information
- Updated Goal
- Added change log
- Added credits (WIP)

8/19/17
- Added a soundpack (Yoshi's Island)
1 x