Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Why can't I hold all these feelings and why SFD is good for you by Motto73

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Why can't I hold all these feelings and why SFD is good for you by Motto73

Post by Motto73 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:52 am

Damn, I'm feeling so blue

You know, I've been playing this game for two years now
Same time I've been going through huge changes in my life
I have become adult
I am finsihing exams soon
And you know that stuff

I have made so much friends from this game
They made a lot of maps, we had funny moments and we played together

Yesterday i scrolled through my old map collection and my screenshots, gifs, textures and all sfd content
I had to stop since I felt a huge spike inside me

Most of these awesome people have left the community...
I will never see them again
we can never discuss again
we can never play again
Some of them just said they bought better pc's and "better" games, ending the reationship with a "bye"
Some of them even delete the discord

It's hard you know

The time I started playing SFD I was kinda hugely depressed, but SFD and its map editor kept me going
It gave me a reason to live: somehting to grab on when I come home, something to relate
A handle I could hang on
This way SFD became very important for me
it helped me through hard moments and entertained me on the good ones

SFD as a game is muchly adaptable, sometimes quite generic, addicting, fast-paced, logical, both skill- and luck-based, good looking, smooth and warm.
Sad thing is that it opens only on so little people.
Good side on this is that the smaller the community is, the better it is and the less salt it has.
But of course I would like to see this growing so Gurt and Hjärpe wouldn't feel like doing empty work.

ye so

I wanna thank so awesomely huugely friccin much you guys on Mythologic Interactive, Gurt and Hjärpe, you are doing good stuff!
Keep on going, I'm gonna help you any ways possible, I'll buy the game, possible addons and share the game with people I know.

Also, I have learned coding through reading others map code and also the source code (: before Alpha came and it wasn't possible anymore.
Coding is fun, I am having courses now in the university and after high school I'll go study it more.
I think I'll become some kind of software developer, making both functional programs and games. Gurt and Hjärpe are my heroes!

SFD is bae, I don't think I'll ever be able to leave this game. Thanks. So. Much. :)
16 x

Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Faaking Jhesus
SFD Alias: jajajaja sadasdjasiojd
Started SFD: When it was fun
Post by Venom » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:49 am

well. same goes for me. i tried to quit sfd 2-3 times i even uninstalled the game but i felt like something empty and i downloaded it again xdd
now im waiting for the next time i get depressed and uninstall it again, if i can.
0 x
YOU FAAKING BITH NIGR BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO YOU ARE FAAKING YOUR FAAKING LIFE

IF YOU FAAKING FAAKING WITH TIME I WILL FAAKING COME AND KILL YOU BITH YOU DED :evil:

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:12 pm

That's uh... A kinda unexpected topic. I don't think there's something wrong, so since you did this I'm gonna open myself too (Can you make this a "Why is SFD good for you?" topic? e.e)

I've been playing this game for more than 1 year now, I think, it's not as long as many people I guess, but I even reached a very considerable rep around. Many times I had to control myself and stop playing (it even affected me academically, but don't worry, I handled that) cause this game is absurdly addictive to me, I couldn't even wait to fight my SFD brothers or strong opponents and have lots of fun. Maybe this isn't like it is for me to others.

But, competitive values from this game aside even though it was what pulled me into meeting a lot of people I'd actually even say I love them (yeah, that's at least how I feel), people from here, close, people from many countries and edges of the world. I was a dummy at speaking english, I didn't even know a word, now I'm actually able to type an understandable message without any support. This is one in a million things this game and relationships here provided me. I didn't even know I was a competitive self before this game.

What's the best part of it?

This game is everything I ever wanted: When its about community as everyone here is so cool and lovely; competitivity as this game has endless possibilities; creativity as the game managed to allow you to express it in many ways; addiction as this is so entertaining and many can't even realize how addictive they are; immersion as it let you forget about your problems; and obviously, the fun.

Along with my big compliment to these dedicated and amazing devs,

I wanna tip everyone reading this about something that's probably nothing more than an opinion of mine:

Be open-minded, everyone who's still here has their reasons for that, they are playing the same game. Some are viciously polishing themselves in a same map, some have special ways to treat each other, some prefer to play this game rarely and barely cares to skill or stuff like that, some can see and have felt deep meanings for clans (like for me, my clan, my game friends, my feats, the plays I've done and my Noble self are a slice of what I am), some want to play as hard as they can, some are really young and others are very old and some use their creativity and are still making even more beautiful maps and modes as the time passes.

I don't think anyone was wrong above, this game can be special in any way for anyone. So, open your mind, not only respect everyone but experiment everything, don't let a preconception of what's toxic or not make up for your choices.

Well, I don't think we are just testers. Even though we didn't pay for it, we all are the same. I'm obviously gonna buy this game, share it with my friends and contribute the way I can. I'm gonna keep making events and try to boost the community interaction.

Anyways, I love everyone here, mainly those who express how they like this game, even though, many don't even know me (yet).
That's all.
5 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Same here man. 3 years ago i started playing sfd at my Parents house, as like a 15 yr old Teenage boy. Today i have my Own apartment, i go to uni, I've seen good sfd friends come and go left and right. Life is amazing, and This community (most of the time) makes it better.
1 x

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
Post by btelchi » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Lmao, the community is bad. Some people is nice but don't put us in the same bag pls.
Just look at the chat and you'll see if its really good
0 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:54 pm

btelchi wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:09 pm
Lmao, the community is bad. Some people is nice but don't put us in the same bag pls.
Just look at the chat and you'll see if its really good
The community is bad because we deal with the issues in a bad way. If we dealt with them differently the amount of toxic players would be minimised. Although they would still exist.
3 x
-Evilsack

Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Post by Danger Ross » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:54 am

I'm still here for you man! I've been here since day 1 and I'm not going anywhere.

I can really relate to everything you said, including the coding part! Just like you, I learned coding from looking at other people's maps and scripts, and editing them little by little to learn how they worked. In the end, I found coding a lot of fun and I'm thinking about making it my future. If so, I would also be the result of Mythologic Interactive's fantastic creation.

I've seen people come and go, but at least you're still here. Make the best out of your experiences and create new ones, that is the story (memories) you create by joining us.
3 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

Kawabanga
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Epic fails amateur.
SFD Alias: My name is Kawa-bbanggza!!
Started SFD: Late 2015
Post by Kawabanga » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:35 am

Probably one reason for the community shrinking are radical game development changes (coding, physics, even textures) which make many good custom maps unplayable. They have to be fixed again and again and again... so they aren't. I wish there was some sort of backward compatibility for old maps to work properly in the newer game versions. I personally quit, but I do follow the progress.
1 x

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:03 pm

Kawabanga wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:35 am
Probably one reason for the community shrinking are radical game development changes (coding, physics, even textures) which make many good custom maps unplayable.
This is the main reason i don't make maps again. When the new coding system was implemented my whole map was ruined and I worked so hard on it, for like 3 months. All lost to an update.
But i still make some maps, that don't require scripting.
0 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:42 am

Creeper wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:03 pm
Kawabanga wrote:
Probably one reason for the community shrinking are radical game development changes (coding, physics, even textures) which make many good custom maps unplayable.
This is the main reason i don't make maps again. When the new coding system was implemented my whole map was ruined and I worked so hard on it, for like 3 months. All lost to an update.
I still create maps that require scripting because it makes me feel home in some strange way. After this update I am now aware that this can happen again so I make my script easily fixable. Only downside is that I don't like going back on my old maps so updating them its slow for me.
0 x

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:59 am

I feel like it's just a lie... There are so many other things besides the "sunshine and rainbow" things you've all just said. Seriously...
0 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

I NEED HELP
Fighter
Fighter

Post by I NEED HELP » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:59 am

Creeper wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:03 pm
Kawabanga wrote:
Yeah, after that update most of the heavily scripted maps were not working anymore like dead island,survival adventure, and much more fun scripted maps.Good thing they fixed Deathrun ;D.
0 x

DreTheGamer
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Big Waves
Started SFD: December 2014

Post by DreTheGamer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:21 am

I just stopped playing because my old PC had shit itself. It wasn't really up-to-date but it ran SFD pretty damn well.
0 x

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:44 pm

I havent played in weeks now, besides some quick matches with a dude making a map.
I met him in the old discord of antonikons hardcore server...
May his PC Rest in peace...
And the map...
I was like down for a week after I heard of what terrible desaster happend then...

You play SFD because every person needs SFD, but most dont realise.
Show them the glory of this game, gurt and hjarpe, MAKE US PROUD. Make it great. SFD deserves beeing on the front page of steam one day!
Last edited by Billy on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

SAURABH
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Dangerous Dave
SFD Alias: Dave
Started SFD: June 2016
Post by SAURABH » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Well that was feel of emotions, reminded me of my own journey with this game.
Btw Good to see you're back Motto ;D
1 x
Just play for Fun! *joins Clan*