Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

The reason why I stopped playing SFD

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
TheBlackshot
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Trigger-Black
SFD Alias: Blackshot
Started SFD: Winter 12/13

The reason why I stopped playing SFD

Post by TheBlackshot » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Aside from the toxic and immature sentiment the community, its regular players, the "lower class" and filthy parts of it, have been maintaining, my everlasting problem over the past year has been the latency and the problems it causes. As this video briefly shows, lag induces uncommon behavior and miscalculations even at low ping amounts. Whether this is a challenging game or a more entertaining game, this is unacceptable and it has left my motivation behind to play this for longer sessions. I can only hope that this will improve in the future.
I'd like to know how you guys handle this and I'm also wondering how the chances are that this will change.
1 x
Blame the game, not the player

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:21 pm

SFD isn't deterministic in events or simulation in physics. This is due to technical inheritence of constantly having a playable version of the game since 5+ years back and the version of the box2D engine we use. The specific fall you're showcasing in the video is a prime example. Normally you should be knocked down from that fall but with higher FPS you're likely to land safetly. Same goes in the map editor. The fall distance is just on the treshold.
0 x
Gurt

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:27 pm

uh ok. is this supposed or make me not want to play SFD or something else because I'm perfectly fine with how the game is right now.
1 x