Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

How Do I Re-update My Game

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

How Do I Re-update My Game

Post by StarNord » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:31 am

When I was making texturepacks I often used to re-update the game by removing a texture and forcing the update prompt to appear in the launcher but that isn't possible in steam unfortunately, why do I need to do this? well, often to replace my own textures with the game's original textures and then use them as a reference or just to start fresh or something.

I'd like to know how to pull this off in steam... Thanks in advance
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

ebomb09
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: ebomb09

Post by ebomb09 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:29 am

Right Click SFD in Steam and go to Properties then go to the Local Files tab and Verify the integrity of the game files.
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:41 am

StarNord wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:31 am
[...] to replace my own textures with the game's original textures and then use them as a reference or just to start fresh or something.
[...]
I wrote a stickied guide when the game launched on Steam for this exact reason...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3030
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:36 pm

To avoid modifying texture files in your SFD's installation folder place any textures in your documents folder:

We have basic support for custom textures. Place any .png files in the same relative path in your own documents "\Documents\Superfighters Deluxe\Content" folder matching the installation content folder.

The .png file will replace the .xnb texture if it exist in that folder.

You also don't need to bother with .xnb files using this approach and you only need to delete the .png files you want to restore to the original textures again.
0 x
Gurt