The soundtrack cover teased the campaigns!

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
MrClownie
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: MrClownie

The soundtrack cover teased the campaigns!

Post by MrClownie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:14 pm

Alright so after listening to some of the soundtrack and appreciating the cover art... I realized one very impacting thing. The cover included items and props iconic of the three current Superfighters Deluxe campaigns! And we didn't notice until they already released!

What's in the red circle is the Superfighters TV logo, highly iconic of Prime Time in Sunny City.

What's in the blue circle are a picklehaube and 20th century gasmask, iconic of 20th century Germany. It was a teaser of Operation Sunrise

What's in the green circle is a Street Sweeper drone, iconic of Escape from Precint 9

Then, there's the yellow circle... We see what appears to be a chain, which is a weapon that's already in the game... But what's that other thing next to the chain? Some sort of floppy disk? Drop your theories below.
3 x

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:23 pm

I think that "floppy disk" might be Hjarpe's signature.
But on the topic of previous teasers: the streetswiper is on a poster that has been in the game for quite some time, we just didnt know what it was. We thought it was a train or something way back.
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:26 pm

This is a more detailed version of the old launcher background.
Videos on youtube can be edited (right?), so I don't know wether it's foreshadowing, or if Splinter just changed the picture of all his videos after the campaign came out.

Anyway, the yellow circle is actually just some background, or at least it was in the older version of this image, and it's not a chain but barbed wire.
And the "floppy disk" seems to be just the artist's logo...I'm guessing it's an H for Hjärpe?

It'd be nice to know if the campaigns were planned since the beginning or not, tho.
0 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Cabo_Fiambre
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Cabo_Fiambre » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:48 pm

I think that cover was released after Operation Sunrise, when @Splinter started to submit the OST to his YouTube channel.
0 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:53 pm

MrClownie wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:14 pm
Alright so after listening to some of the soundtrack and appreciating the cover art... I realized one very impacting thing. The cover included items and props iconic of the three current Superfighters Deluxe campaigns! And we didn't notice until they already released!

What's in the red circle is the Superfighters TV logo, highly iconic of Prime Time in Sunny City.

What's in the blue circle are a picklehaube and 20th century gasmask, iconic of 20th century Germany. It was a teaser of Operation Sunrise

What's in the green circle is a Street Sweeper drone, iconic of Escape from Precint 9

Then, there's the yellow circle... We see what appears to be a chain, which is a weapon that's already in the game... But what's that other thing next to the chain? Some sort of floppy disk? Drop your theories below.
The Streetsweeper drone has been hinted at for a while.
0 x
-Evilsack

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:04 pm

MrClownie wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:14 pm

It's probably just plain ol' barbed wire, like that barrel in the center, it was probably slapped in there by Hjärpe to give the poster some flavour

If it is a chain then it might be referencing Frankie, the guy who dies at the start of Zombie Nightmare, he doesn't have a chain on him but he appears as a boss later on and has a chain... but come on, it looks like barbed wire, look at how spiky it is!

Also the "floppy disk" might be Hjärpe's signature as Billy and Del Poncho suggested, but that's kinda unusual, isn't Hjärpe's signature the cartoony, slightly cracked, top-half of a skull? why would he use his initial as a signature? Something we've never seen him use before. (atleast not in SFD I don't think)

There still might be some mystery to this image yet... or not, the skull is probably just the icon of the... company?
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection