Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Took my time to check back here

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Curtex
Meatbag
Title: Pudding of Doom
SFD Account: Curtex
SFD Alias: Curtex
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.0

Took my time to check back here

Post by Curtex » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:52 pm

So it's been almost 10 years since I've been around here (Maybe I'm taking it a bit too far? Idk)

You know, back when everybody required to the map to be downloaded locally to play it, when the knife was leaked through scripts, before we had the graphics rework and such... Made me so happy when maps were playable by only the host having it, my low-effort Storage was chaotic af.

So, I've been checking the game now... Looks like we've got some serious scripting and such, I see? Last time I've been around here we were doing the most primitive scriptings on some maps and created a neat zombie survival mode.

Is the game still the same in it's core? You know, same frenzy-styled flail of bullets, fists and gibbing platforms?

Not pretending to act like an old-cringey man, but this shit's giving me a ton of memories, and I felt like trying to see if any of the old fighters were still around here, smack a little bit more nostalgia upon myself, you know? So... Yeah, what's cracking now? Did I miss a lot of stuff?
3 x

Odex64
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content Creator
SFD Account: Odex64
Started SFD: PreAlpha

Post by Odex64 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:23 pm

Yeah, you missed a lot of stuff indeed; new mechanics (throw & grab), official zombie maps, more scripting power, the steam release and melee nerf, campaigns, the dying community, hackers & DDoS attacks and more. A lot of things changed since then and SFD was better long time ago (especially the playerbase). I'm sure @Shock can explain you all the details.
Also we got an official discord server for real time communication.
2 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:09 am

Curtex wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:52 pm
So it's been almost 10 years since I've been around here (Maybe I'm taking it a bit too far? Idk)

You know, back when everybody required to the map to be downloaded locally to play it, when the knife was leaked through scripts, before we had the graphics rework and such... Made me so happy when maps were playable by only the host having it, my low-effort Storage was chaotic af.

So, I've been checking the game now... Looks like we've got some serious scripting and such, I see? Last time I've been around here we were doing the most primitive scriptings on some maps and created a neat zombie survival mode.

Is the game still the same in it's core? You know, same frenzy-styled flail of bullets, fists and gibbing platforms?

Not pretending to act like an old-cringey man, but this shit's giving me a ton of memories, and I felt like trying to see if any of the old fighters were still around here, smack a little bit more nostalgia upon myself, you know? So... Yeah, what's cracking now? Did I miss a lot of stuff?
Dude, i remember you! My nickname was "Smoke(Runner)", but i couldn't really find your contacts anywhere(afaik your old nickname was a Cutex, then you changed it), i remember those days, it was so fun.
Yea you missed almost everything, there was a huge changes for this game and it's community. Many players left and clans aren't a thing anymore in 2022, it is in past and this is kinda sad. We're still making some content for the game, so it's getting even funnier to play each day, especially when someone writes new script or makes a new interesting map
2 x
-Content-maker.

Curtex
Meatbag

Post by Curtex » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:04 pm

Odex64 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:23 pm
Yeah, you missed a lot of stuff indeed; new mechanics (throw & grab), official zombie maps, more scripting power, the steam release and melee nerf, campaigns, the dying community, hackers & DDoS attacks and more. A lot of things changed since then and SFD was better long time ago (especially the playerbase). I'm sure @Shock can explain you all the details.
Also we got an official discord server for real time communication.
Seen a few things in the trailer I don't recall existing back then, yeah! Didn't know about the... Bad part though...
Anyways, I'll check the Discord server out, glad to see even the forum's still active! Looks like it was restarted around 2016 though... No wonder I couldn't find my old posts...
Thanks for the update!

Shock wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:09 am
Dude, i remember you! My nickname was "Smoke(Runner)", but i couldn't really find your contacts anywhere(afaik your old nickname was a Cutex, then you changed it), i remember those days, it was so fun.
Yea you missed almost everything, there was a huge changes for this game and it's community. Many players left and clans aren't a thing anymore in 2022, it is in past and this is kinda sad. We're still making some content for the game, so it's getting even funnier to play each day, especially when someone writes new script or makes a new interesting map
That sounds... Charming? Your old nickname lights a bulb in my head, definitely, and yes, you're right, I used to be Cutex, but sounded too simple to my ears, so I added the R.

Kinda sad to read most of your comment though, we didn't have any cheaters back then, the community wasn't "big", but it was constant and you'd eventually know everyone involved. I remember being around before Steam release was official, it was considered and people had thoughts about it, but it wasn't 100% confirmed by devs. Thought that would've brought SFD a bit higher in community and clan terms, impressive to see it's gone the opposite direction.

I got myself involved into some scripts and programming as a whole, and I've been considering a full comeback, been pretty darn busy for a while now but I'll eventually "break free" of my chores so I could try something.

As for now I'll hop in the Discord server and see what's cooking.
Are there any other players from back then still active? Would be cool to see a few more old faces. Not that I hate new ones, but... You know, nostalgia does wonders!
1 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:26 pm

Honestly there are not too many old players left, it feels so different nowadays and this is sad. Yey! Join official mythologic interactive server, just tell what's your nickname in there?
https://discord.gg/nECKnbT7gk
1 x
-Content-maker.

Curtex
Meatbag

Post by Curtex » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:23 am

Shock wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:26 pm
Honestly there are not too many old players left, it feels so different nowadays and this is sad. Yey! Join official mythologic interactive server, just tell what's your nickname in there?
https://discord.gg/nECKnbT7gk
I'm currently going through covid and had to be off for a couple of days.

Joined the server, named myself Curtex in the server, though my actual name's Pudie nowadays.
Sad to hear that about the old ones, but eh... I guess it was a matter of time...
1 x