New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Make sure to read the rules.
RULE NR 3 UPDATED: Don't hurt, harass or provoke other forum members or people.

Development roadmap and business plan

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
lkenmanl
Meatbag
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:40 pm
SFD Account: PD WOLF

Re: Development roadmap and business plan

Post by lkenmanl » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:57 pm

what? I need to pay in the future to play without restrictions ?, :cry: I'm crying right now :cry: :cry:
I have ideas for you
DLC (MENTIONED)
SPECIAL POWERUPS
SPECIAL SKIN
TEASING
ETC
I THINK IS MORE BETTER IF THE GAME IS FREE
BECAUSE I THINK YOU WILL WIN MORE MONEY
0 x

User avatar
Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:56 pm
Title: General of Delta Squad
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: [DS5] Billy
Started SFD: October 2015
Location: Austria
Gender:
Age: 16

Post by Billy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:23 am

lkenmanl wrote:what? I need to pay in the future to play without restrictions ?, :cry: I'm crying right now :cry: :cry:
I have ideas for you
DLC (MENTIONED)
SPECIAL POWERUPS
SPECIAL SKIN
TEASING
ETC
I THINK IS MORE BETTER IF THE GAME IS FREE
BECAUSE I THINK YOU WILL WIN MORE MONEY
Dude,

A: turn capslock off
B: cmon i think you can spare 10-20 bucks
C: skins, paid DLCs and even gameplay advantages? Rly?
D: prepare to get get clarified that Devs need MONEY too(which is 100% true), by lunatic himself (RIP you)
3 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!

User avatar
Lunatic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:03 pm
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha
Gender:
Age: 21

Post by Lunatic » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:10 pm

???
leave me out of this

Making the game free is an awful business model for making money btw
3 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

User avatar
Noble
New Moderator
New Moderator
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:46 pm
Title: Sommelier
SFD Alias: |LPH| Nobel
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Gender:
Age: 17

Post by Noble » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:33 am

The beta and full game are going to bring a lot of really cool stuff, like an (I hope) amazing campaign mode, soundtracks, polished map editors + a bunch of new mechanics. Also, as you are going to pay for the game, total functionality will be obviously guaranteed.

There will be also a free version for the game, where you will can play online anyway, but limited.

If you want to keep playing this game as it is, you can still play what is gonna be old incomplete versions of this game in a empty community with your friends.
0 x
♫ Raise your hands for the people that will never let you down ♪

User avatar
TheOriginalCj
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:28 pm
Title: I'm the Wiki Guy
SFD Alias: RedneckJed
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0
Location: USA
Gender:
Contact:

Post by TheOriginalCj » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:14 am

The developers of any game have the right to say if they fell their game should be required to purchase or not. I'm actually very pleased with this distribution plan, as it provides incentive for people to buy the game for additional features, but doesn't strip them of the initially advertised "Improved Online Superfighters" gameplay. A campaign isn't necessary, customization isn't necessary, but the multiplayer is.

Also, I feel free to play players should be able to "Host" games, as in hosting their own game with bots, so that way they can atleast have something to do without online connection to play the game, since they won't have the campaign.
3 x
Superfighters Wiki Founder
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!
Danger Ross wrote: What are you doing here wiki-slave?! GET BACK TO WORK!

Wisecrack34
Meatbag
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Wisecrack34 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:20 pm

Hoang Marcel wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:50 am
Maybe after full version you can made DLC or expansion pack for SFD? :D
A rule of game design (that modern triple A games ignore) is that you NEVER talk DLC until after release, you put everything you can in, then put more things in over time, with anything that costs to much to make and include as free content becoming DLC
0 x

Pixir
Meatbag
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:04 pm
SFD Account: Pixir
SFD Alias: Pixie Dust
Location: Romania
Gender:
Age: 16

Post by Pixir » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:00 pm

Wisecrack34 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:20 pm
Hoang Marcel wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:50 am
Maybe after full version you can made DLC or expansion pack for SFD? :D
A rule of game design (that modern triple A games ignore) is that you NEVER talk DLC until after release, you put everything you can in, then put more things in over time, with anything that costs to much to make and include as free content becoming DLC
DLC will also bring more revenue, but what DLC will they make in the game. I hope SFD will not become that kind of games where you pay a lot.
0 x
Join Assault Army Team !
http://discord.gg/JQ6ukZP

ClockworkDice
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:59 am
Gender:

Post by ClockworkDice » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:11 pm

This is one of the best online indie games I've ever played and it would be a crime for the developers to not receive income for their efforts. I can't fathom why you would prefer DLC and pay-to-win features as opposed to a simple price of 10-20 dollars.
4 x

User avatar
Arrr
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:07 pm
Title: There is title in here...
SFD Account: [FD]Force Ranger
SFD Alias: buttons on keyboard
Started SFD: 2012
Location: Russia
Gender:
Age: 14
Contact:

Post by Arrr » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:29 am

After making paid beta game, online going to be very small, i think
0 x
If you are happy and you know it clap your hands.

User avatar
Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:15 pm
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b
Location: Finland
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Rick Sanchez » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Arrr wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:29 am
After making paid beta game, online going to be very small, i think
Obviously yes. I´d estimate 45-50% of People Who play the game have No income/Have no means to Buy the game Via-online payment.
But, Take all i said with a grain of salt since i´ve never actually researched this.
0 x

User avatar
Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:57 pm
Started SFD: July 2012
Location: Poncholand
Gender:

Post by Del Poncho » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:40 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:26 pm
Arrr wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:29 am
After making paid beta game, online going to be very small, i think
Obviously yes. I´d estimate 45-50% of People Who play the game have No income/Have no means to Buy the game Via-online payment.
But, Take all i said with a grain of salt since i´ve never actually researched this.
Nah,I can't simply see it beeing so drastic.
Yes,some younger players might not be able to buy it,but it's not a chunk that big.
First thing,I don't really think that so many players have problems with online payments.
Second thing,remember that with an eventual full release (thus,advertisement),the game will probably also recive many new players.


By the way,remember that steam paid cards are sold in possibly all the "big" informatics store,and about every place that sells videogames. Paying something online isn't really that hard,even with limited possibilities.
1 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

User avatar
Lunatic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:03 pm
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha
Gender:
Age: 21

Post by Lunatic » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:16 pm

On top of that, the beta split was supposed to be a paid + free version, so there's still going to be a strong free community.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

User avatar
Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:15 pm
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b
Location: Finland
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Rick Sanchez » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Del Poncho wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:40 pm
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:26 pm
Arrr wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:29 am
After making paid beta game, online going to be very small, i think
Obviously yes. I´d estimate 45-50% of People Who play the game have No income/Have no means to Buy the game Via-online payment.
But, Take all i said with a grain of salt since i´ve never actually researched this.
Nah,I can't simply see it beeing so drastic.
Yes,some younger players might not be able to buy it,but it's not a chunk that big.
First thing,I don't really think that so many players have problems with online payments.
Second thing,remember that with an eventual full release (thus,advertisement),the game will probably also recive many new players.


By the way,remember that steam paid cards are sold in possibly all the "big" informatics store,and about every place that sells videogames. Paying something online isn't really that hard,even with limited possibilities.
I don't this game will have a full release alongside a steam release. I'm thinking Of It realeasing in Only the mythologic interactive site, Or Atleast, GOG and then maybe MAYBE later on steam after it gets greenlighted.
0 x

User avatar
Noble
New Moderator
New Moderator
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:46 pm
Title: Sommelier
SFD Alias: |LPH| Nobel
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Gender:
Age: 17

Post by Noble » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:30 am

Rick Sanchez wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:54 pm
I don't this game will have a full release alongside a steam release. I'm thinking Of It realeasing in Only the mythologic interactive site, Or Atleast, GOG and then maybe MAYBE later on steam after it gets greenlighted.
If I remember well, Steam Greenlight doesn't exist anymore, and I don't think it's all that hard to join by Steam, Superfighters community is way bigger than we think and it seems like the devs didn't even bother sharing the game yet.

I think the game will still be free for a while until they make it up for Steam or other kinds of redistributors and then it will be paid, unless a unpredicted and significant change in their plans happens.
1 x
♫ Raise your hands for the people that will never let you down ♪

User avatar
Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:07 pm
Title: the art of faggotry.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1
Location: Space.
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Evilsack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Noble wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:30 am
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:54 pm
I don't this game will have a full release alongside a steam release. I'm thinking Of It realeasing in Only the mythologic interactive site, Or Atleast, GOG and then maybe MAYBE later on steam after it gets greenlighted.
If I remember well, Steam Greenlight doesn't exist anymore, and I don't think it's all that hard to join by Steam, Superfighters community is way bigger than we think and it seems like the devs didn't even bother sharing the game yet.

I think the game will still be free for a while until they make it up for Steam or other kinds of redistributors and then it will be paid, unless a unpredicted and significant change in their plans happens.
I'm pretty sure you have to pay £/$500 to get it on steam. Or less, not too sure.
1 x
-Evilsack
Image

kh afnan
Meatbag
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:28 am
Title: Be Nice......
SFD Account: afnan
SFD Alias: [LL] Afnan
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0
Location: At Home.
Gender:
Age: 19

Post by kh afnan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:13 pm

Oh No Have To Paid SHit
0 x
;V
:lol:

ShotAllen21
Meatbag
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:04 pm
SFD Account: ShotAllen21

Post by ShotAllen21 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:09 pm

time to say goodbye to superfighters deluxe when it's paid
0 x

jlo
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:20 am
SFD Account: jlo

Post by jlo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:55 am

well after beta is finshed and full is being out you can sure as hell make this into a console like xbox or ps4 and that'll get u alot of money
lol, I have no paypal money in real life I do so Im hyped to buy 3 copys of the game
0 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest