Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

SFD Unofficial Tournament I [DONE]

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hidan
Meatbag

Re: SFD Unofficial Tournament I [SIGN UP UNTIL 08/25/2016!]

Post by Hidan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:08 am

SFD Alias: [<<UP>>HIDAN]
Region: [Brasil]
Free time: [saturday and sunday]
Can you host? [ ] Yes [ x ] No
Last edited by Hidan on Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Respect is for who have

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:33 am

My friend asked to put him in the tournament, here is:

SFD Alias: Adry
Region: Brazil
Freetime: Wednesday, in the afternoon (After 17:00 PM)
Can you host? [ ] Yes [x] No
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Raptor
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Pro
Started SFD: 0.0.0 I'm SFD
Location: In the secret base of the SFD masters who snipe people's heads off

Post by Raptor » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:43 am

SFD Alias :[1<IX] Veloc1raptor

Region:Canada ,Ontario,Toronto

Free time :weekends any time . And week days 9:00pm till 12:00am

HOSTING :NO
Last edited by Raptor on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
im back guys!!!!!!

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:18 am

Gee, look at this. This is getting bigger and bigger interest from players. Maybe it's gonna be a huge one, I guess.
0 x

Noble
Post by Noble » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:00 am

SFD Alias: |LPH| Like a Sir
Region: Poor northwest of Brazil
Freetime: At night and midnight
Can you host? [ ] Yes [x] No

Like a Sir... Well, now this became really interesting.
0 x
And I swore

Mati
Meatbag

Post by Mati » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:05 pm

SFD Alias: |TS|Mati
Region: Brazil
Free time: Everyday
Can you host? No
0 x

Santa Claus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: fighter
SFD Account: Santa Claus
SFD Alias: (LM) Santa Claus
Started SFD: before fire
Post by Santa Claus » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:26 pm

Aight, I might actually try getting in.
SFD Alias: (LM) Santa Claus
Region: Northern Europe
Free time: Very possible whenever you see me on Discord.
Can you host? Bloody hell I can't.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
We will keep this one even if it's a real bug - because it's cool.

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Bloody hell, Santa has joined. O_o
0 x

Willofcapes
Meatbag

Post by Willofcapes » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:42 am

Nice there's finally another tournament
SFD Alias: WILL of CAPES(LK)
Region: Western Australia
Free time: Well i have school so the weekends in my time are good and when i'm back from school at 3 pm.
Can you host? Yes
0 x

Noble
Post by Noble » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:42 am

Well, in the 3rd day of registration we got 21 entries. A lot of entries was of Brazil, but, I'm sure there is a lot of players around there who wants to enter the championship of these clans. Warn your friends until 25!!!
1 x
And I swore

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:44 pm

DeadlyPawn wrote:Well, in the 3rd day of registration we got 21 entries. A lot of entries was of Brazil, but, I'm sure there is a lot of players around there who wants to enter the championship of these clans. Warn your friends until 25!!!
are you going to put the TOURNAMENT BOARD: ???? some day??? 25?

or are you going to mishmach them the last day??
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:34 am

DeadlyPawn wrote:8. Everyone who is signing up in the tournament have to expect that at some point will have problems with the ping. If you intend to stop a fight because of it, then its better to don't sign in.
I don't understand how you could possibly make this work for people who live in smaller/lesser known countries. I want to participate but realize the chances of finding a good host from the Middle East are very slim. I can host, and do so on a regular basis, but that would obviously not be fair for the other player. Also keep in mind truly good ping is considered to be anywhere for 1 to 60, with that range having no noticeable delay in-game. If you're playing with ping above that, you can never be truly comfortable with the way the game plays, even if you eventually get used to it. This would lead to poor player performance. I only ever found one server hosted in my region, and only about 7-8 players from my country in my whole 2 years of playing SFD.

I'd be interested to know how you'll guarantee I'll have less than 100 ping when the time to play comes before I sign up. If you can't, well, it's going to be a real disappointment for people participating from different, less popular countries. I'm available to host (that includes a dedicated server) without being a participant in the tournament, though, if there's any real need for that.
0 x

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:48 am

DeadlyPawn wrote:Well, in the 3rd day of registration we got 21 entries. A lot of entries was of Brazil, but, I'm sure there is a lot of players around there who wants to enter the championship of these clans. Warn your friends until 25!!!

Maybe we could try to divide this tournament in various sections,each for every continent.

I sure don't want to fight with some guy from Brazil,not even NASA's servers would help with that! And they sent a man to the moon!
2 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Noble
Post by Noble » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:42 am

Iliyan wrote:are you going to put the TOURNAMENT BOARD: ???? some day??? 25?

or are you going to mishmach them the last day??
On the 25th will be the end of registration for the tournament and after that, I will as soon make the tournament board and post it.
KliPeH wrote:I don't understand how you could possibly make this work for people who live in smaller/lesser known countries. I want to participate but realize the chances of finding a good host from the Middle East are very slim.
KliPeH, the tournament will be made in order to be fun and a good experience for all players, no more than that, there's no guarantee it will be completely fair to all. We, LPH, did not expect that we would be a majority in the tournament (I did not expect that more than half of these Brazilians to sign up) and already knew that we were going to have to fight the bad ping too.

If you do not want to participate, I understand your motives completely, but if you do not want to participate in this tournament, also will not want to participate in any other tournament for the same reason. All the regions will be separated by groups, that way you can face all close opponents before we get close to the end.

Also, read the rule 9, if you do not want to play in a certain condition, you do not need. You can wait a host where both have similar ping or propose the opponent to play on your server.
Del Poncho wrote:Maybe we could try to divide this tournament in various sections,each for every continent.

I sure don't want to fight with some guy from Brazil,not even NASA's servers would help with that! And they sent a man to the moon!
This will be done, do not worry.
1 x
And I swore

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:42 am

DeadlyPawn wrote:KliPeH, the tournament will be made in order to be fun and a good experience for all players, no more than that [...]

Don't call it a tournament then. It's as simple as that. I was attracted to this thread because of its name, as were the other participants. A tournament is a competition, obviously made to be competitive. There's no "fun" to be had here, people expect strict rules and their goal is to win. "Competitive" means players WILL have to be at their best so they can start making the effort that'll lead them to victory, and having 200+ ping is far from being that. If you intend to have that big of a mixup be ready to take certain precautions, because losing in a grandiose event like the "SFD Unofficial Torunament" as a result of bad ping (which will inevitably happen) is surely not something to be proud of.
DeadlyPawn wrote:there's no guarantee it will be completely fair to all.
A tournament is all about being fair. This is why you make sure (or at least try to) the map pool is balanced, the random generation is off, or as mitigated as it could be, and that players are able to fight against formidable opponents to stand a chance at getting to higher tiers inside the competition. Take all of that away and you're left with nothing more than... a bunch of regular friendly matches? Certainly not a real "tournament". Take the name off so serious players don't bother signing up, since winning this clearly has no significance and proves nothing but how your ping is the one that wins the game for you, not your actual skill level.
DeadlyPawn wrote:Also, read the rule 9, if you do not want to play in a certain condition, you do not need. You can wait a host where both have similar ping or propose the opponent to play on your server.
Do you even realize how much of a gamechanger this is? How completely unfair to all tournament participants this is? I can ask to host and literally win the competition based solely on that fact. I consider myself to be a good player, and given enough time I can beat (W/L ratio-wise) any and all opponents playing against me. The score is based off of 5-15 matches. I can win most of them, maybe even all of them, if I play with 1 ping and my opponents play with 200+. I'm sure you're familiar with the feeling of having each and every action of yours delayed by 1-2 second(s), sometimes outright cancelled, and maybe even got used to it somehow (considering the inconsistency of the client-side system), but that doesn't mean the others have. From the 2-years worth of SFD matches I've played, less than 1% of them would be on others' servers, with my main playtime being either in my own server or in a friend's (20-50 ping). I have absolutely zero tolerance to ANY form of delay, including the slight delay resulting from 90 ping up to a 100. I'd advise you remove the rule immediately, and have some sort of middleman player conduct all the hosting, that way each and every player gets to stand off against another with similar ping with similar opportunities.
DeadlyPawn wrote:If you do not want to participate, I understand your motives completely, but if you do not want to participate in this tournament, also will not want to participate in any other tournament for the same reason.
Exactly. Because "international" (non-region-based) tournaments in SFD are stupid. The community is way too small to hold a real tournament and have it pose as a good, viable skill-test. That's what it's all about after all, isn't it? People want to win. Perhaps have their name recognized. Have the ability to boast about how they won this one tournament this one time. Just because you say "the results mean nothing" doesn't mean people won't take it the wrong way. Clans in SFD did this for a while, even started whole flamewars about it. They hold grudges. They'll call bullshit for losing to bad ping and get mad for having such odds play against them. I wouldn't blame them for it either; being a good player and losing the final match because the host is from USA is bullshit, and shouldn't be considered as a loss whatsoever. Yet it will, since this community is immature, and the losers will stay frustrated because winning something that has "tournament" written all over it will surely attract others' attention.

The point I'm trying to get across is, change the name of the thread. This isn't a real "tournament", if it isn't serious or competitive there's no reason to call it as such. People WILL take it the wrong way with a name like this one, and they're not necessarily wrong to do so.
1 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:41 am

You can have fun in any server , so i don't think hosting a competition for fun works .....
even tho if it's for fun , people are gonna be a bitch n fight with each other for dumb reasons ...

i really recommend 6 players and 1 judge , there must be a judge to decide who goes to the semi final and all
bcuz even a player who knows almost all melee skills can be beaten by a spammer
and if that spammer gets to the final fight , its gonna be really boring , the skilled guy will win for sure ... people expect finals to be the strongest and chaotic fight . only a judge can fix this problem :D

and 6 or 4 players are enough i think , bcuz its so hard to find 8 players with very good ping and as long as all the players have pings less than 140 , i think its gonna be fair for all competitors .

and if u really wanna go international
i suggest u to do a melee competition , anyone can melee good with 200 ping and also melee is fun now-a-days.
and also , a score board wud work , a score board containing the winners of last competitions and also with the region they are from ( incase if anyone wants to fight them )

if there is any1 who thinks that my idea is stupid , correct me.

and DeadlyPawn , if u r still finding for statements to counter Kilpeh's statements , u r not gonna find even 1 , she is correct ... u shud either change the rules or stop this . Anyway , that's a Serious wreck lmfaoo ..
Last edited by Sree on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Noble
Post by Noble » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:00 am

I can not give a good answer to that. And most of your points are right. But I intend to continue and I know that many players still want to participate and not only want to meet new opponents but also want to win them. I know the players will see this in competitively way, but my point is still written and there is clear. Already had another tournament in the past and all who participated accepted his defeat even with all the difficulties, I think, and this new tournament had a lot of entries.

I'm not saying that this tournament is not to be competitive, but their results are not official or as significant.They want to play the tournament and face opponents from around the world and most do not care about the ping, if you look closely there are few who can host.

If you do not see that way, then it is right to not participate but it is not a reason to... For example, the tournament does not happen or players drop out of it. You fit the "players who do not want to fight with high ping"of rule 8 and I know I can not convince you. Anyway, I'll be happy and thankful if you watch the tournament and suggest ideas that can improve it.

I'll keep the topic and the tournament even if they are all the entries, or if some do not want to participate because of that, everyone who signed up until now have read the rules and agreed with them, then that's not a problem.

At some point in this game a tournament it would be done, so I have hope that they all have FUN and give their best.

Good luck for all and I hope more people for around the world will sign in! :]
0 x
And I swore

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Sree » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:10 am

DeadlyPawn wrote:I can not give a good answer to that. And most of your points are right. But I intend to continue and I know that many players still want to participate and not only want to meet new opponents but also want to win them. I know the players will see this in competitively way, but my point is still written and there is clear. Already had another tournament in the past and all who participated accepted his defeat even with all the difficulties, I think, and this new tournament had a lot of entries.

I'm not saying that this tournament is not to be competitive, but their results are not official or as significant.They want to play the tournament and face opponents from around the world and most do not care about the ping, if you look closely there are few who can host.

If you do not see that way, then it is right to not participate but it is not a reason to... For example, the tournament does not happen or players drop out of it. You fit the "players who do not want to fight with high ping"of rule 8 and I know I can not convince you. Anyway, I'll be happy and thankful if you watch the tournament and suggest ideas that can improve it.

I'll keep the topic and the tournament even if they are all the entries, or if some do not want to participate because of that, everyone who signed up until now have read the rules and agreed with them, then that's not a problem.

At some point in this game a tournament it would be done, so I have hope that they all have FUN and give their best.

Good luck for all and I hope more people for around the world will sign in! :]

Well k , this is your competition , so ur its upto u 2 change it or not ..
but remember , if this tournament turns shit , few players won't join your next tournament
only good and lively competition survives for longer time.
0 x

Noble
Post by Noble » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:25 am

Sree wrote:Well k , this is your competition , so ur its upto u 2 change it or not ..
but remember , if this tournament turns shit , few players won't join your next tournament
only good and lively competition survives for longer time.
If the tournament does not work, there will be not a second, but can you give me a reason for it not happen?

Let's wait and see the results.

I hope there will have good battles here, there are no negative points if it happens, no one will waste time or feel bad about it, it will happen exactly the opposite.

The tournament will continue with this main concept, and again:
DeadlyPawn wrote:I'll be happy and thankful if you watch the tournament and suggest ideas that can improve it.
0 x
And I swore

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Sree » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:30 am

You shouldn't ask others to suggest ideas if u r not ready to change it :D
0 x