Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map Editor Suggestions

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Re: Map Editor Suggestions

Post by Shock » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:01 am

When you're using BGtext or Text, it is uncomfortable to make custom tiles because the trigger mark prevents you, look at that:

I would like to at least recommend adding:

Far background wall tile with text color palette + one pixel tile with same options
Background wall tile with text color palette + one pixel tile with same options
Foreground wall tile with text color palette + one pixel tile with same options

Or same tiles structure as placeholders, but with RGB color palette

So, this will allow you to choose any color from RGB palette and you can make different locations or custom objects.

Notice: This could a bit allow the game to live longer because sometimes it will be useful and players could somehow easily make new custom tiles
7 x
-Content-maker.

Tom78_78
Meatbag
Started SFD: 1.1.2

Post by Tom78_78 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:12 pm

Great idea that would be very useful !
0 x

xdhoomy12x
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: xdhoomy12x
Started SFD: 1.3.3

Post by xdhoomy12x » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:35 am

i think a dark theme for it would be great, at least the script tab
1 x

penjamiLE
Meatbag
Post by penjamiLE » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:50 pm

I want to have doves that can carry items or cargo containers with ease. Atm it is not possible in sfd, but by adding a trigger of some sort that makes stuff weightless, doves can carry me around while I am sitting in WC or subway train
0 x

tilt56
Meatbag
SFD Account: tilt56
SFD Alias: SgtMaj Boo
Post by tilt56 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:45 am

I would like to see the addition of a marker that can be toggled on or off. not quite like a switch. I couldn’t find anything like it when looking for it. The closest/only thing I could find was a made up thing when moving a solid object into an area marker. So far the way the game seams to read markers is just by a single blip or pulse, but what my suggestion is to add something that can input and output either a 1 or 0 at all times (just like electricity and transistors)

either this, or this and input it with logic gates
0 x
Be Nice

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:52 am

When you make campaigns, sometimes you'll have to make different types of bots and some of them may be civilians and if you already have some weapons or throwable items, you can still damage them. I'd like to suggest possibility to disable friendly fire and add some additional modifiers.

1.Friendly fire/throwing modifier - may be disabled or enabled;
-first of all if you disabled this option, projectiles/throwables will go through the bots and cant damage them.

2.Explosion critical damage - may be disabled or enabled;
-if it's disabled, bots or players can no longer get stun or fly away from the explosion.

2 x
-Content-maker.