Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

New Item - Deflector Hat *Re-Revised*

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Post Reply
User avatar
Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0
Location: Earth
Gender:
Age: 102

New Item - Deflector Hat *Re-Revised*

Post by Player1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:47 am

Deflector Hat
-A new Makeshift item for maps.

Game-play
- The Deflector Hat is a metal rice-hat that reflects bullets/projectiles that come in contact with it.
- Has a very hefty durability. (Three Sniper shots breaks it)
- Increases fall damage (and dive damage)
- Rolls have a 25% chance of reflecting bullets/projectiles. (However how chance works in this game).
- Dives can also deflect bullets/projectiles, but bullets go at a 360° angle.
- Blocks thrown items at it's detection spots.
- Does not block explosives, (Bazooka and Grenade Launcher Projectiles).
- Does not protect player in anyway from fire.
- It will be disarmed if you fall down. (Which includes taking a uppercut, falling from high heights, etc.)
- In throw mode, the hat is thrown like a disc. (Compare to Kung Lao's disc throw from Mortal Kombat)
- Increases Dive Damage

Animation
- Player takes off hat if they're wearing any, and puts Deflector Hat on.
- Player puts on Deflector Hat.

Visual
*This is the closest thing to what I re-nvisioned* - Imagine this hat, but metallic.
Image
- Another Reference image
Image
- And another Reference image
Image
Last edited by Player1 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 10 times in total.
4 x

User avatar
gwendalaze
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:55 pm
Title: Jarate Yellow Belt
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.4
Location: France

Post by gwendalaze » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:18 am

According to how you described it, I wouldn't ever pick it up, even if the guy in front of me had an m60. The disadvantage wearing it are totally underwhelming compared to the few benefits it offers. Reducing your movement speed and defense against melee attackers so you can deflect a few shots that are unucky enough to hit your head, especially when rifles aim at your waist when hip-firing and that a common technique is to crouch while hip-firing a handgun to make sure you hit ? hell no.
5 x
- Gwendalaze, failing at being fun, just like this signature

User avatar
Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0
Location: Earth
Gender:
Age: 102

Post by Player1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:28 pm

gwendalaze wrote:According to how you described it, I wouldn't ever pick it up, even if the guy in front of me had an m60. The disadvantage wearing it are totally underwhelming compared to the few benefits it offers. Reducing your movement speed and defense against melee attackers so you can deflect a few shots that are unucky enough to hit your head, especially when rifles aim at your waist when hip-firing and that a common technique is to crouch while hip-firing a handgun to make sure you hit ? hell no.
What do you think now?
0 x

User avatar
KliPeH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:03 pm
Title: worst moderator on the forum
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2
Gender:
Contact:

Post by KliPeH » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:34 am

Player1 wrote:- The Reflector Hat is a metal fedora
Absolutely not. I'd rather be shot in the head with a high caliber bullet than wear anything even remotely similar to this. As someone who cares greatly about how their character looks in-game I'd straight up sooner die than wear something as ridiculous looking as this thing on my head.

I mean, fucking look at it. It looks like a retarded traffic cone. I recall owning a vacuum cleaner that looked like this at some point too. This is ridiculous, I'm not wearing this abomination on my head in a million years.
6 x
 Image

User avatar
Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:07 pm
Title: the art of faggotry.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1
Location: Space.
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Evilsack » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:12 am

Ultimately useless. If we get body armour what's the point of this? I mean I understand what you mean but at the end of the day it's not needed and most people would want to avoid it. I mean if this was a hat in which you could throw and it would do some Kung Lao shit that'd be nice, and i'd suggest it being a ricehat. But then again boomerang is kinda similar to that idea....
1 x
-Evilsack
Image

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:28 pm
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4
Gender:
Age: 16

Post by Shark » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:26 pm

should be a makeshift, no?
1 x
Just me The Predator!
Kyra wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:35 am
[...] To be Honest I fell like I have cancer 24/7, not to be offensive in any way. I would just like some kind of hair covering mah head and not a cap...

User avatar
Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0
Location: Earth
Gender:
Age: 102

Post by Player1 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:01 am

KliPeH wrote:
Player1 wrote:- The Reflector Hat is a metal fedora
Absolutely not. I'd rather be shot in the head with a high caliber bullet than wear anything even remotely similar to this. As someone who cares greatly about how their character looks in-game I'd straight up sooner die than wear something as ridiculous looking as this thing on my head.

I mean, fucking look at it. It looks like a retarded traffic cone. I recall owning a vacuum cleaner that looked like this at some too. This is ridiculous, I'm not wearing this abomination on my head in a million years.
I've changed it, if aesthetics is the only problem then that's fine.

Added in 3 minutes 48 seconds:
Evilsack wrote:Ultimately useless. If we get body armour what's the point of this? I mean I understand what you mean but at the end of the day it's not needed and most people would want to avoid it. I mean if this was a hat in which you could throw and it would do some Kung Lao shit that'd be nice, and i'd suggest it being a ricehat. But then again boomerang is kinda similar to that idea....
I've taken your rice-hat suggestion and added it, also your disc throw. Body armor and this are completely different, as body armor absorbs bullets, limits damage, and absorbs "certain damages". This one deflects bullets over the player's head.

Now might I ask if there's anything, at all that is wrong with this new item I want introduced?
1 x

User avatar
Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:07 pm
Title: the art of faggotry.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1
Location: Space.
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Evilsack » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:56 am

Well I don't know about anyone else but me seeing people aim for the head is rare, I only see it with sniper most of the time, so what's the point of having armour for the head? I mean 1 sniper shot... I think it should be able to absorb or deflect at least 2 to 3 max that should give a advantage so if a sniper is shooting at you you should be able to absorb at least 2 bullets and throw it giving them the option to reload (meaning you can attack if close enough) or giving them the option to use the last bullet in the clip. It's a good idea, don't get me wrong, but I see it as more of a add on to the body armour and not something that should be worn alone.
4 x
-Evilsack
Image

User avatar
Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0
Location: Earth
Gender:
Age: 102

Post by Player1 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Evilsack wrote:Well I don't know about anyone else but me seeing people aim for the head is rare, I only see it with sniper most of the time, so what's the point of having armour for the head? I mean 1 sniper shot... I think it should be able to absorb or deflect at least 2 to 3 max that should give a advantage so if a sniper is shooting at you you should be able to absorb at least 2 bullets and throw it giving them the option to reload (meaning you can attack if close enough) or giving them the option to use the last bullet in the clip. It's a good idea, don't get me wrong, but I see it as more of a add on to the body armour and not something that should be worn alone.
Then I believe you're truly not being creative enough, the main purpose of the item is not to block strictly head shots, but any projectiles/bullets around the head area and the deflector hat range. Some situations that it would be useful in is blocking bullets when you're climbing a ladder, climbing up stairs, diving, etc. You can also easily crouch and make the bullet get deflected, if aimed properly. If durability is your only other problem, I guess it can be increased.
0 x

User avatar
Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:07 pm
Title: the art of faggotry.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1
Location: Space.
Gender:
Age: 18

Post by Evilsack » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:18 pm

Player1 wrote:
Evilsack wrote:Well I don't know about anyone else but me seeing people aim for the head is rare, I only see it with sniper most of the time, so what's the point of having armour for the head? I mean 1 sniper shot... I think it should be able to absorb or deflect at least 2 to 3 max that should give a advantage so if a sniper is shooting at you you should be able to absorb at least 2 bullets and throw it giving them the option to reload (meaning you can attack if close enough) or giving them the option to use the last bullet in the clip. It's a good idea, don't get me wrong, but I see it as more of a add on to the body armour and not something that should be worn alone.
Then I believe you're truly not being creative enough, the main purpose of the item is not to block strictly head shots, but any projectiles/bullets around the head area and the deflector hat range. Some situations that it would be useful in is blocking bullets when you're climbing a ladder, climbing up stairs, diving, etc. You can also easily crouch and make the bullet get deflected, if aimed properly. If durability is your only other problem, I guess it can be increased.
Well durability does solve the issue now. If the durability was only 1 shot, this would be completely useless. I mean a automatic would turn you to dust before this becomes of any use to you. But now the durability is increased I can see it being useful. Remember that bullets don't always go right back to the shooter. "You can also easily crouch and make the bullet get deflected" Well automated weapons would still beat this as durability is still quite low, and I doubt range of throw will be any greater than a baseball bat or a machete at max. Also the 10% chance is enough protection while diving and even then it doesn't let a window open for too much damage same with rolling. But with a nice durability increase this hat may become the future of makeshift items.
0 x
-Evilsack
Image

User avatar
Lunatic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 585
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:03 pm
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha
Gender:
Age: 21

Post by Lunatic » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:00 am

Man, you know what absolutely wrecks being on low ground?
The high ground. Do you know why? Because it's easier to shoot down than it is to shoot up.
Do you know what would give high ground a counter from below?
Deflector hat. Most of the area a shooter from on high would be able to hit, would be the top/head area of their target.

Therefore, get a hat and hang out on the ground floor of Police Station. Let the rooftop shooter gun for you - chances are, they aren't going to damage you directly. It's a very safe item to wear because it gives you huge cover from above if anyone tries to gun at you from above.

Furthermore, there are two, very small, openings to hit someone from the front when they block: The head and the feet. Wearing the hat would completely cover the head portion and thus allow the blocker to be safe from headshots despite blocking, making the maneuver that much safer to use.

I'd say this is a fine, powerful tool. Run around on the roof, though, and fall over? It'll cost you. Will encourage players to not get knocked over easily, that's for sure. The only problem that prevents this from ever getting added to the game is the fact that the devs will never add armor that overrides current aesthetic.
4 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

User avatar
Rocky
Meatbag
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:44 pm
SFD Alias: Rocky
Started SFD: April 2015
Gender:

Post by Rocky » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:39 am

If this is implemented it would be awesome if it was like Embo's metal hat/shield (from clone wars) I really think that would be like the design that you are looking for
1 x
True knowledge is in knowing that you know nothing.

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:52 pm
Title: Ok.
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Ok.
Started SFD: Ok.
Location: Ok....
Gender:
Contact:

Post by mgtr14 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:50 pm

Exactly what lunatic said, i really dont see why people shot down this idea because of its looks but didn't look at the stats or exagerated when talkign about the downsides. It's a really good idea actually.
1 x
Ok.

User avatar
Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0
Location: Earth
Gender:
Age: 102

Post by Player1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:16 pm

mgtr14 wrote:Exactly what lunatic said, i really dont see why people shot down this idea because of its looks but didn't look at the stats or exagerated when talkign about the downsides. It's a really good idea actually.
Rocky wrote:If this is implemented it would be awesome if it was like Embo's metal hat/shield (from clone wars) I really think that would be like the design that you are looking for
Thanks guys, and I've added another visual image.
0 x

User avatar
Rocky
Meatbag
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:44 pm
SFD Alias: Rocky
Started SFD: April 2015
Gender:

Post by Rocky » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:49 am

What if you could use it like a ram? Maybe if you had the deflector hat and used the "grab" function then you would take the hat like a shield and run forward, knocking over (and damaging) any players directly in front of you.
0 x
True knowledge is in knowing that you know nothing.

User avatar
Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0
Location: Earth
Gender:
Age: 102

Post by Player1 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Rocky wrote:What if you could use it like a ram? Maybe if you had the deflector hat and used the "grab" function then you would take the hat like a shield and run forward, knocking over (and damaging) any players directly in front of you.
I think that might be going a bit overboard, but I guess it could work. (Implying this item will even be considered, and people would want it)
0 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest