Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Superfighter Veterans?

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
darrenehunter
Meatbag
SFD Account: Zakzrew

Superfighter Veterans?

Post by darrenehunter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:16 am

First im gonna say i LOVE superfighters/SFD and been playing the first back in 2009, Now on to the topic.
I've been playing SFD since about last year December/November And loved it, but when i heard about the final full version and that you had to pay for it i was pretty upset. Now i can understand why you could need/want money but i've been talking with alot of players in the game and we all wonder if game veterans get it free? Im not sure if they're any more topics like this, if so im sorry for the spam. Thanks alot And reply ASAP
-Superfighter #Unknown
0 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:35 am

keep dreamin' buddy
3 x

Corporal Adrian Shephard
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Cpl Adrian Shephard

Post by Corporal Adrian Shephard » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:21 pm

Why would we get the game for free? Our gift is already playing the game for free.
4 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:31 pm

I mean, playing the game before others is sort of your role; you're playtesting the game and giving the devs feedback so that it can be better when it officially gets released for mass consumption. That's the whole point of having an open Pre-Alpha/Alpha/Beta phase. Are you asking for a discount because you are willingly helping the devs make a better product? While also enjoying it yourself? Doesn't make much sense to me. I can understand people extensively helping the devs receiving a free copy, like Zyfex being a QA tester, but other than that I don't know.

How do you even apply for... veteranship? How do you prove you've been playing the game from the very beginning? Is there a form you need to fill, or...? The devs can't exactly be handing out free keys. It loses them money.
2 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:45 pm

KliPeH wrote:I can understand people extensively helping the devs receiving a free copy.
Exactly. Like our active moderators too.
2 x
Gurt

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:31 pm

Gurt wrote:
KliPeH wrote:I can understand people extensively helping the devs receiving a free copy.
Exactly. Like our active moderators too.
I want to be a moderator
4 x
Hold your breath.

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:42 pm

ey i'm a sfd veteran i want sfd full version for free pls

Actually, I think that SFD shouldn't be free for "SFD veterans". I mean, c'mon, I'm already happy that we have the game for free.
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:14 pm

I won't have problem to pay a game I really really enjoyed but I admit that at least once I thought if someone could be "awarded" for the whole support in both forums' users and developers cases. Nothing special, I know, I didn't even gave a lot of help in the past forum (I sucked at english) but, as KliPeH said, in most of the cases there isn't any proof to prove the initial version we played in the past years.

Life is ironic, if I don't remember wrong, one my first messages in the past forum was about a similar topic XD

Now I feel myself to say: only active moderators and the QA tester? What about us, poor scripters and some mad people trying to face the creation of an artificial intelligence even without the consent of Gurt?
0 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:29 pm

I would buy the game no matter if I get it for free or not. This game actually provided me a lot of fun, so why not.
1 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Elite Hunter
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Elite Hunter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:04 pm

i say their should be like a group tournament held, like clan vs clan, and whichever clan wins can win free copies of the game. But like the tournament should be held when the game is almost complete. And if you say no to this idea then.... (make me mod pls)
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 pm

No guys now we cannot start to spam "make me mod" in every place, in my opinion only the most worthy of us (and only devs know that) can be inserted in the list if who can deserve a free copy.

Even if noone in this topic will win one, well, I think the price won't be unreasonable such to empty the community.
1 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:25 am

pls make me mod i want free sfd

I'm locking the thread since this seems to be going bad fast and Gurt's already responded.
2 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)