Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Weapon suggestion - Pancor

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Katrtlen
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Gayfish
Started SFD: Few months after release
Weapon suggestion - Pancor

Post by Katrtlen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:44 pm

Before reading this, look how i called the weapon. I could't create a better name so everyone can suggest it!
This weapon is pretty unbalanced (i think)

I present to you:
Pancor!

Description: Shotgun type weapon. After pulling the trigger, it evenly shoots 7 bullets in a 155 degrees spread. Bullets disappear after very short distance (something like 6 players placed in a row, it's hard to think about it)
Bullet accuracy - x0.1 of a Pump-Action Shotgun.
Ammo - 6|12
Shoot Reload - 0.25 second
Ammo Reload - 4 seconds (or more/less)
Damage - Half of all the bullets inflict x0.4 damage of All Pump-action shotgun bullets (It's hard to say the quantity without any information, maybe it's too much or too less)
Bullet Knockback - Bullets don't put enemies on the floor but two shots can inflict the effect of slowly walking backwards on enemies.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/pYRPCuT.png

Also, im really sorry for my English, i hope that everyone can read this post. :mrgreen:
1 x
Green buttons are good

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:40 pm

It's basically an incredibly underpowered Pump-action. By 0.1 accuracy of PAS do you mean 10 times less? If so, why would you pick up this weapon. You have no chance of hitting anymore and even in the rare situation that you do actually hit someone with these bullets it doesn't do any knockback and minimal damage. If this was to be added I would only use it for throwing to knock people off of ledge grabs. Next to useless as a gun, really.

For those of you confused by the damage, it is 17.76 per shot, 2.53714285714 per bullet, with a potential damage of 319.68.
Last edited by Pricey on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:49 pm

We don't need more shotguns, either. I mean, feel free to keep suggesting them, everyone, but we have 2 rather different shotties as it is. Adding more just clutters up the weapon pool.
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Katrtlen
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Gayfish
Started SFD: Few months after release
Post by Katrtlen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:13 pm

Pricey wrote:It's basically an incredibly underpowered Pump-action. By 0.1 accuracy of PAS do you mean 10 times less? If so, why would you pick up this weapon. You have no chance of hitting anymore and even in the rare situation that you do actually hit someone with these bullets it doesn't do any knockback and minimal damage. If this was to be added I would only use it for throwing to knock people off of ledge grabs. Next to useless as a gun, really.
That's what i said, it's not balanced. The problem why it's not is because it's hard for me to merge damage and other statistics to make it powerful, i could change the knockback and damage so then it could be something...

If you want to, please say how damage and other things should be changed to make this a good weapon.
0 x
Green buttons are good

gwendalaze
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Jarate Yellow Belt
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.4

Post by gwendalaze » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Lunatic wrote:We don't need more shotguns, either. I mean, feel free to keep suggesting them, everyone, but we have 2 rather different shotties as it is. Adding more just clutters up the weapon pool.
Actually a shotgun as rare and powerful as a power weapon could be quite interesting
3 x
- Gwendalaze, failing at being fun, just like this signature

DreTheGamer
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Big Waves
Started SFD: December 2014

Post by DreTheGamer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:06 pm

If this'll ever be a thing, the spawn rates gotta be hella low.
0 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:28 pm

I actually liked a bit that idea after some big balancing, mainly the accuracy and maybe ammo thing. I can see it as cool, the shot reload is really fast, the opponent won't have enough time to roll all shots, but he won't be taked down or receive so much damage, he will be pushed away. Pushing away players looked really fun, also, it won't hit players from so far away, it can be changed but isn't a so bad disadvantage for a shotgun that can be hardly avoided.

Also, and if he reload all the ammunition instead of ammo by ammo, like auto guns? And then: 12 | 1.
gwendalaze wrote:Actually a shotgun as rare and powerful as a power weapon could be quite interesting
That's the way I'm thinking about it.

You guys shouldn't take literally all the idea and unbalanced stuff, some points of that topic were really cool.

I don't know if it is a good idea for the game and I didn't measure any consequence, also I didn't looked to real shotguns for analyze and compare some stuff since nobody really wanted that kind of weapon anymore. it's just that it looked pretty fun at first thought.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"