Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Move Idea - Diving From Wall

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Kertenkele
Meatbag
Title: Kertenkele means lizard.
SFD Account: Kertenkele
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.8.4

Move Idea - Diving From Wall

Post by Kertenkele » Sun May 07, 2017 2:14 pm

We can escape from enemy or do surprise attack from wall. Also it would be nice for some situations. (I think it is cool. :D )
To do this move, press grab button when jumping on a wall.

Example:
https://i.imgur.com/yzRo9Vz.gif

Adding this to the game shouldn't be that hard.
Last edited by Kertenkele on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Sorry for my English. :|

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:55 am

This move sounds actually quite badass! I'm on for it.

It was nice that you had a gif showing the idea. Maybe there could be a small animation that runs before jumping form the wall, so the chaser would have chance to dodge?
0 x

Presentionus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Break, Make, Smash, Bash
SFD Account: Presentionus
SFD Alias: Present
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.3b

Post by Presentionus » Tue May 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Sounds pretty neat! I like this idea and i hope it will get added! But it has to be balanced beacuse there are trolls that can spam this feature and trap enemies forever (until they die). It would be cool if you could grab the player in mid air. Also, punching the player in mid air would be good as well beacuse it would be much easier for new players to dodge. If this cool and wonderful idea of yours gets added hopefully it will be balanced beacuse nobody wants a grabs move little cousin to exist.
0 x
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Wed May 17, 2017 12:45 am

This looks cool, but I don't see any advantage in doing that instead of just diving straight away. Another idea would be wall jumps, you "attach" to the wall for a split second, then you can jump away (just once) or dive, but this would probably demand a lot of development time for something that wouldn't change much in the gameplay.
0 x
Hold your breath.

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed May 17, 2017 5:48 am

Wouldn't change much in the gameplay? That would be a crazy change for how maps are made and handled. You could suddenly do a whole lot more in terms of movement and would be a great foundation for making "parkour" maps.

I don't think the wall dive move really does anything special but walljumps are a whole different story.
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Actually I could say now when I am older and wiser that maybe this feature shouldn't be made as it is suggested. Instead we could have ability to dive from the ledgegrabs. Like when you press (r or s or something?) and then direction, you would kick from the wall and perform a dive. It wouldn't break everything but would still be cool though.
1 x