Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Suicide Act

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Splinterself56
Meatbag
SFD Account: Splinterself56
Suicide Act

Post by Splinterself56 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:45 am

When someone wins a round, they either try to get rid of the corpses or kill themselves in fancy ways. My suggestion might not be necessary but it would be cool to commit suicide with an animation.
If you use a katana, knife or machete you do a Seppuku animation and die.
If you use a baton, bat, hammer or a wrench you hit yourself in the head and die. (Suggestions accepted)
If you use a chain you hang from the nearest thing (like a roof or windows) and you die.
If you use a handgun (pistol, magnum, etc.) you put the gun in your head or mouth and shoot.
If you use a rifle (assault rifle, smg, tommygun, etc.) you put then gun in your chest and shoot various bullets and die.
If you use a bazooka you put the gun in the chest and shoot and you fly the rocket just as if you were shot with a bazooka but you can't control it. (Controlling the rocket seems OP to me, tell me what you think).
If you use a grenade launcher you put the barrel in your mouth and shoot and explode.
If you use a flamethrower you put the barrel in your mouth and fire it making the fire enter your body and you explode.
If you use a grenade you put it in your mouth and your head explodes.
If you use a molotov you drink it then explode.
If you use a mine you slap your face with it and your head explodes.
If you use a C4 you stick it to you and you basically become a kamekaze, you have the trigger to activate the C4 and you blow.(This could also be implemented as another way of using the C4)
If I missed anything you can write it down in the comments.
2 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed May 10, 2017 9:55 am

This all seems rather graphic and unnecessary. Why not be fancy and creative instead of simple? At least then its somewhat entertaining.
2 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Wed May 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Although I sometimes kill myself after winning a round (by jumping from a roof or diving on mines), this seems like too much violence and could cause age restriction issues or something. I don't think shooting yourself in the head for fun sounds like a good idea in a game that has players ranging from 10 years old and up.
2 x
Hold your breath.

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Wed May 10, 2017 6:04 pm

Splinter wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 5:27 pm
Although I sometimes kill myself after winning a round (by jumping from a roof or diving on mines), this seems like too much violence and could cause age restriction issues or something. I don't think shooting yourself in the head for fun sounds like a good idea in a game that has players ranging from 10 years old and up.
But you see, having an age restriction is a good thing, it gets rid of most of the kids the make this community somewhat toxic at times (even so, who even abides by age restrictions online lmao). Most of these kids will also be filtered out by the paywall.

As for the actual idea, I think it's cool, being able to suicide after a round would be a fun idea, sorta gives me a Hotline Miami 2 vibe in terms of animation ideas. However shoving a grenade launcher into your mouth and shooting yourself with a bazooka may be a little excessive. Having this idea implemented would be great for guns like the pistol/uzi (and their silenced variations), revolver, magnum(?), and maybe a few automatic primaries. Other than the excessive blood and guts that some of the suicide methods give off, it's a great idea in my opinion.
0 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed May 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Except in this day and age that doesn't do anything to keep kids from playing when 99% of adults really don't care. That also means less money in the devs pockets (implying that a few people can't buy the game).

This doesn't add anything to the game. This isn't beneficial.
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
Post by btelchi » Wed May 10, 2017 10:23 pm

A suicide animation?! Well, i don't seem to like this idea. Yes, i agree it's fun to die fancy ways, but it is just more work for the devs, who are trying to make the game more fun adding more weapons (and bugfixes! :P) to the game already. Personaly i want more animations in game like taunts, fabulous finnishers and winning dances, but when all of the priority things are done. They have chainsaws, boomerangs, armour, shurikens, bouncy bullets and campaigns to add to the game in future, and after that maybe you'll have some fun ways to suicide!
1 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.