Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Offline Training Idea

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Harunowa
Meatbag
Title: Bat Rapist
SFD Account: Harunowa

Offline Training Idea

Post by Harunowa » Wed May 10, 2017 11:21 pm

It would be nice to be able to train Melee and shooting against AI, choosing whether they can have guns, how many there are, and how strong they are. There could also be some maps to choose from, as well as those plates to shoot like in the tutorial. That's prety much it, so here's a list.

Offline Training Mode Features:
- Melee / Shooting combat training against AI
- Plate Shooting
- Difficulty levels
- Different Maps
- Number of bots
- Weapon Spawning (for you and the bots)
1 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Harunowa wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 11:21 pm
It would be nice to be able to train Melee and shooting against AI, choosing whether they can have guns, how many there are, and how strong they are. There could also be some maps to choose from, as well as those plates to shoot like in the tutorial. That's prety much it, so here's a list.

- Plate Shooting
- Difficulty levels
- Different Maps
- Number of bots
Hi Harunowa!

Did you know that you can even do this yourself on the map editor? The PlayerCommandTrigger lets you design your own behaviour for the bots. I have seen maps with different levels of melee bots to train your skills with. It is not even very complicated.
0 x

Harunowa
Meatbag
Title: Bat Rapist
SFD Account: Harunowa

Post by Harunowa » Thu May 11, 2017 1:22 pm

Motto73 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 12:24 pm
Harunowa wrote:

- Plate Shooting
- Difficulty levels
- Different Maps
- Number of bots
Hi Harunowa!

Did you know that you can even do this yourself on the map editor? The PlayerCommandTrigger lets you design your own behaviour for the bots. I have seen maps with different levels of melee bots to train your skills with. It is not even very complicated.
Well I had no idea, but it could be made easier for the newbies who join the game and need to sharpen their skills before jumping into the wolves :P
1 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:36 pm

Motto73 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 12:24 pm
Harunowa wrote:

- Plate Shooting
- Difficulty levels
- Different Maps
- Number of bots
Hi Harunowa!

I'm still trying to get a decent AI for this purpose indeed, I won't get a perfect result due for my "mediocre" coding skills, for script limitations and also because this is my first attempt in artificial intelligence field.
I can only anticipate that for performance issues the number of bots can be controlled by the AI are up to 8 like the old SF.

I cannot say when this script will come out, meanwhile, as Motto said, you can try with the tools the map editor provides.
0 x