Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Add reason after ban or kick

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Add reason after ban or kick

Post by Noble » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:05 am

Well, I saw that somewhere and I thought "hey, it would be useful in sfd", not a big thing tho, just a basic change to commands /ban and /kick.

/ban [PLAYER] [REASON]
/kick [PLAYER] [REASON]

It will be optional, if the moderator want to kick someone, he can either specify the reason for it (the banned or kicked player would see that after getting disconnected from the server, all players on the server would see the reason and the log would receive that information too) or leave it blank.
6 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Icetooth
Meatbag
Title: Hey! Im Icetooth ;d
SFD Account: Icetooth
SFD Alias: |U.P| Icetooth
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4

Post by Icetooth » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:47 am

! Message from: KliPeH
Manually merged the standalone thread into an existing one.
Ban/kick| Reasons : Spam,Type killer,Afk,Grabber|Time: 10 min,5 min, 1 Day, :D

Idea from roronoa zoro
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Some day when we get time to refine the kicks:
Vote to kick.
Each time you get kicked the time you're kicked will be increased to be longer and longer.
After X kicks you get automatically banned.
Reason for kick/ban.
Let the server log total playtime and last played session per IP and account
Icetooth wrote:Ban/kick| Reasons : Spam,Type killer,Afk,Grabber|Time: 10 min,5 min, 1 Day, :D
A little rant by me about "type killing":
You should not kick a "type killer" - I just don't get it. Typing in game is not a free "don't hit me" card. If you're typing in the game you're not playing the game. Typing is not a pause button you can use to avoid getting hurt/killed while waiting for everyone else to eliminate your opponents. If you type in the game you should get ready to get killed - I don't show mercy to people typing mid or late game and I don't expect other players to slack on me while I type. You can't just start "typing" to "pause" the game and then when there's only one left you "stop" typing and kill the last one - that's cheating!

Typing is not a pause button that makes you immune and claiming otherwise in rules or whatnot and kicking players for "type killing" is just cheap. Type killers ain't cheaters but rather the other way around - they are eliminating easy targets (that may think they can cheat their way into the finale by typing). Don't make yourself a sitting duck by starting to type if you don't want to get killed.
9 x
Gurt

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:02 am

Gurt wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:58 pm
Vote to kick.
Each time you get kicked the time you're kicked will be increased to be longer and longer.
Reason for kick/ban.
Icetooth wrote:Ban/kick| Reasons : Spam,Type killer,Afk,Grabber|Time: 10 min,5 min, 1 Day, :D
A little rant by me about "type killing":
You should not kick a "type killer" - I just don't get it. Typing in game is not a free "don't hit me" card. If you're typing in the game you're not playing the game. Typing is not a pause button you can use to avoid getting hurt/killed while waiting for everyone else to eliminate your opponents. If you type in the game you should get ready to get killed - I don't show mercy to people typing mid or late game and I don't expect other players to slack on me while I type. You can't just start "typing" to "pause" the game and then when there's only one left you "stop" typing and kill the last one - that's cheating!

Typing is not a pause button that makes you immune and claiming otherwise in rules or whatnot and kicking players for "type killing" is just cheap. Type killers ain't cheaters but rather the other way around - they are eliminating easy targets (that may think they can cheat their way into the finale by typing). Don't make yourself a sitting duck by starting to type if you don't want to get killed.
I agree, in most cases.
People who are fake-typing should be killed, but there is a difference between typing the whole match and just for about 10 secounds.
If you are in the middle of a meele fight, dont type.
If you are on the other side of the map to the last living enemy, still plenty of time left before you spontaneosly combust, I think it is ok to type some words, but if he this nades at you, shoots you, and so on, I rather threat it a small disrespect.
I am not offended, I type at my own risk, but is sti kinda a d*ckmove.

And i dont kick him for that.
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Noble
Post by Noble » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Gurt wrote:
Vote to kick.
Reason for kick/ban.
I don't think that's a fair case though. If a specific user can't be properly moderated, the server itself shouldn't decide what to do with him (specifically the time increasing, even if that's a configurable option, which makes the game settings more complicated). I mean, the time increasing each kick until a ban isn't a good thing even if it applies only for the votes on my view.

Also I don't really look forward on voting to kick, in a 8 players server the madness can be louder than everything else, and some unfair things can happen, like 4 friends kicking a player for another to join in his place, etc.
2 x
And I swore

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Noble wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:12 pm
Gurt wrote:
Vote to kick.
Reason for kick/ban.
I don't think that's a fair case though. If a specific user can't be properly moderated, the server itself shouldn't decide what to do with him (specifically the time increasing, even if that's a configurable option, which makes the game settings more complicated). I mean, the time increasing each kick until a ban isn't a good thing even if it applies only for the votes on my view.

Also I don't really look forward on voting to kick, in a 8 players server the madness can be louder than everything else, and some unfair things can happen, like 4 friends kicking a player for another to join in his place, etc.
Yeah, we can't really avoid that unless we skip the whole vote-to-kick idea in total. But then what to do with single jackasses when there's no moderator around? :(
0 x
Gurt

Noble
Post by Noble » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:59 am

Gurt wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:31 pm
Yeah, we can't really avoid that unless we skip the whole vote-to-kick idea in total. But then what to do with single jackasses when there's no moderator around? :(
If this feature is going to come, I just don't think a kick time increasing till a ban would fit well.

It's true they should be kicked if that's what the players voted, but specific punishments must be handled by the moderators or the administrator after reading the log, that's why as soon as possible adding a reason/time would help them.

The game hasn't any ranking system, even if the case is a player harassing others or using hack, this won't change much, another player could be misunderstood and have a frustrating game session for being disliked/excessively good/teamed out of the server until a ban too.
0 x
And I swore

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Noble wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:59 am
It's true they should be kicked if that's what the players voted, but specific punishments must be handled by the moderators or the administrator after reading the log, that's why as soon as possible adding a reason/time would help them.
True that.
I'm removing the vote to kick feature as it has potential problems not worth spending time on. But the other features are nice and will add a few more that could be useful: like keeping a log over user total playtime and last play session per IP and account so you can dig that information out with some command as a mod and perhaps be able to create custom greeting texts from extension scripts when a user joins.
2 x
Gurt