Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

New Move Idea - Parrying

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
New Move Idea - Parrying

Post by btelchi » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Parrying is a move people use in fencing and other combat styles. Parrying an attack leaves opponent open for an attack. Either if you will be able to parry and attack or will not depends on the weapons you and your enemies are using right now. If you'r enemy have a sword and you have nothing then you cannot parry their attacks whatsoever. But, if you AND your enemy have the sword, you can parry his attack by simply punching his weapoon while he tries to attack you. After parrying you'r both swords will reflect each other and will get back on the starting position (After you equip the sword), giving you time to attack again or flee.

While trying to parry a fist, with a fist, you and you'r enemy will both get damage of -3hp.
0 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:36 pm

I believe this comes from For Honor,am I right?

While For Honor has some great features for what matters melee combat,and I really think that some ideas could be taken from it for a sort of melee overhaul (I was thinking about making a post about it),the parrying feature isn't probably appropriate for this kind of game.
The lack of the third dimension would make this move extremely powerful and easy to land,even by accident,wich would bring the game to a state where attacking would be penalized against turtling.
0 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:53 pm

When I think of parries, I think of Street Fighter. Our block is already basically a SF parry so adding any other "parries" seems redundant.

Speaking of redundant, yeah this would really penalize attacking and slow down melee even further.
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
Post by btelchi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Del Poncho wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:36 pm
I believe this comes from For Honor,am I right?

While For Honor has some great features for what matters melee combat,and I really think that some ideas could be taken from it for a sort of melee overhaul (I was thinking about making a post about it),the parrying feature isn't probably appropriate for this kind of game.
The lack of the third dimension would make this move extremely powerful and easy to land,even by accident,wich would bring the game to a state where attacking would be penalized against turtling.
Off Topic
Well, no. My 2003 potato can't handle For Honor.
0 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.