Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Compatible with Chrome OS?

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Compatible with Chrome OS?

Post by RickAvory » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:17 am

I have a Chromebook as my backup computer. It would be amazing to have SFD on my Chromebook due to its huge battery life, however due to Chrome OS large limitations it is not available. Now i have no idea at all on how difficult it is to make a game like SFD on Chrome OS, however i hope their can be some application in the chrome store or something like that in order to achieve this. Again I have no clue about programming and i have no clue if this is pushing it or asking for too much, it's just a suggestion that would be useful for me.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:28 pm

Yeah, would be useful for you.
I didn't find any good data on how many people use Chrome OS, but I bet it's not a huge number.
SFD is built upon XNA and .NET frameworks, which are actually mostly for Windows. I think that it would be better to translate a experimental android version, since there are a lot more android users than Chrome OS users. If I get the source code I could possibly try to translate this to android unofficially with the MONO project.
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:10 am

Motto73 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:28 pm
Yeah, would be useful for you.
I didn't find any good data on how many people use Chrome OS, but I bet it's not a huge number.
SFD is built upon XNA and .NET frameworks, which are actually mostly for Windows. I think that it would be better to translate a experimental android version, since there are a lot more android users than Chrome OS users. If I get the source code I could possibly try to translate this to android unofficially with the MONO project.
Interesting how that works :P Hopefully it will be available on other platforms during its release
0 x

Noxius202
Meatbag
Post by Noxius202 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:58 am

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on an idea with an existing thread.
Hey! I used to play Superfighters with my friends but my Windows computer was accidentally dropped to the ground and broke so I bought a chromebook and to my demise, Superfighters is only avaliable to Windows:( any chance of a Chromebook release?
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Noxius202 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:58 am
 ! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on an idea with an existing thread.
Hey! I used to play Superfighters with my friends but my Windows computer was accidentally dropped to the ground and broke so I bought a chromebook and to my demise, Superfighters is only avaliable to Windows:( any chance of a Chromebook release?
It doesn’t look like it buddy :( this is a very old post I made to just put the idea out there however the release of this game on steam soon makes this idea less than ideal for the developers. Steam isn’t supported on Chrome OS so it looks like the chances of that ever happening are near 0. Really sorry that u can’t play though. Im sure if you really want to play you can use other means of accessing a computer
0 x