Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Multiple Map Folders

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Surgical Executioner
Meatbag
SFD Account: Surgical Executioner
Multiple Map Folders

Post by Surgical Executioner » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:49 am

I think there should be able to create folders in the Maps folder and they should show up in the game host menu.

For example when you put a folder named Melee Maps it would show up in the map category selector with Custom maps and Official maps

This would be particularly useful when making certain servers like melee servers and battle of Teams servers.

Unless i'm dumb and you can do this already some how.

Please add this
5 x
Join my server !Surgicals Mad Maps
or dont
its whatever

Im not a molester

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi!

I have a couple of things to say:

At first, you shouldn't have made a whole separated topic for this. There is a small suggesti9ons topic to reduce flood of messages like this.

On second, this has been already suggested in that same thread I told already, actually by me

And third, I'd really love this feature.
3 x

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:58 am

Yes , it would be so convenient , if they will make this.
I have thought about it.

Just like , adding special map lists for rotation , or , making another map folders , to rotate them by commands with their names , for example , i create an new folder , named : Minigames = game command - /mr Minigames 1.
2 x
-Content-maker.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:05 am

This is a great idea.I think you should be able to do this as often you may only want to do melee maps or certain official maps or no melee maps etc etc. Maybe even a queue where you can line up maps you want instead of just typing /map [Map Name].
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:14 pm

We will introduce this feature in the next update.

Maps will have to be placed in a folder or sub-folder(s) in your Downloaded and Custom maps folder. These folders will be selectable when hosting and the game will only rotate the maps in the selected folder (if you have map rotation activated).

To combine multiple folders into one simply place a textfile in your Documents/Superfighters Deluxe/Maps folder (next to Downloaded and Custom folder). In the textfile write the relative path to the folder you want to include. Example:
File: AwsomeMaps.txt
official/vs/
custom/versus/
downloaded/
downloaded/adventure/
downloaded/action/

If you want some specific maps only simply copy them to a single folder.
Off Topic
At first, you shouldn't have made a whole separated topic for this.
Depends on the content. Many ideas listed in the "small suggestions" topic isn't small at all. Just because you CAN say an idea in 2 sentences doesn't make it small.
A good suggestion should present the idea in a nice and structured way.
Maybe have some sort of analysis for why the suggestions should be included in the game and why it fits the game. Is there any drawbacks or consequences to the idea? Why do we need a new rifle in the game? Why do we need a new melee move? Which gap does it fill that's not already covered by other mechanics already?
All this requires space and its own topic. In short: Sell your idea! Make us believe there's nothing else we should focus rather than your idea.
What really made us implement this suggestion though is the fact that we're starting to have multiple types of official maps (not only versus anymore) and it suits our need to be able to select which type of maps you want to play. And this idea has been floating around in different places all over the forum. :)
6 x
Gurt