Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Why not put the AI from the first Superfighters into Superfighters Deluxe?

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Valhallan
Meatbag
SFD Account: Jack

Why not put the AI from the first Superfighters into Superfighters Deluxe?

Post by Valhallan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:02 am

Hey, I just want to start by saying I really love Superfighters Deluxe. I remember playing and loving the first Superfighters and when I saw that you made a second one with PvP I was stoked. And let me tell you, you did not disappoint. I love me some Superfighters Deluxe.

Let me also start off by saying I don't know much about coding a video game, so as a layman my question is: why not copy the AI code from the first Superfighters and paste it into SFD?

One again I love your guy's work.
Sincerely, Jack.
0 x

Dumby Eggy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Huevon NEO
SFD Alias: Huevon SFD
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Dumby Eggy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:37 pm

It's harder than you think. It's not only bots should be only on versus/zombie (official) maps, the idea is we can interact and discover the functions of the bots we have right now, and use them, as we want to do.

The idea of adding bots into SFD map editor, is to increase our possibilities to create maps that nobody has seen before. On the other hand, it would be "stupidly" obsolete to implement a bot with exactly the same functions in SF. The idea of having Superfighters Deluxe is to innovate the old game, with a lot of new stuff, WITHOUT THE NECESSITY to still using old tools from the SF. Moreover, it could be lazy and could not have sense into the game.

And that's my opinion. I don't know what the other thinks.
0 x
HINT: You will not surprise me if you are good with snipers and magnums and katanas; but I will give my respect for someone who is a weapon-master. So don't wait any cheer marksmen...8-)

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:51 pm

A bunch of reasons why we don't copy the code from SF.
  • Code not compatible - different languages.
  • Different frameworks used.
  • Different move scheme between the games.
  • Some core concepts work different.
  • The controls work different.
  • Old code was buggy. We don't want to copy that.
  • Old code was not that optimized. We can't use that.
  • We want the bots to be better in SFD, being able to do more stuff.
  • Probably a lot more stuff...
9 x
Gurt

Valhallan
Meatbag
SFD Account: Jack

Post by Valhallan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:18 am

Woah, damn, lead programmer. Thanks for the response, I figured it was something pretty technical. Keep doing what you are doing cuz the game is great. I hope you guys make a bunch on money off this game, lord knows you deserve it.

Sincerely, Jack.
1 x

Norozaki3
Meatbag
SFD Account: Norozaki
SFD Alias: Norozaki

Post by Norozaki3 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:49 pm

@Valhallan Also the fact that the Hard Bots in SF had Godly Precision in everything they do, except for literally falling in toxic sludge or an endless pit.
0 x
Been playing Superfighters for 5 years now, NOVEMBER 30 HERE I COME

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:17 am

This is an old post, but I’m glad it got bumped because I wanted to input my own opinion as well. For one, the original bots were pretty broken to say the least. You can manipulate them at ease with the use of bullets and Grenades, also, they had completely aimbot and insane reaction time. I have played with the current bots in SFD and I must say they are an improvement 10 fold from the original Superfighters.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:46 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:17 am
This is an old post, but I’m glad it got bumped because I wanted to input my own opinion as well. For one, the original bots were pretty broken to say the least. You can manipulate them at ease with the use of bullets and Grenades, also, they had completely aimbot and insane reaction time. I have played with the current bots in SFD and I must say they are an improvement 10 fold from the original Superfighters.
when i saw this old topic in the recent topics bar i was really hoping someone had just replied "because they made new bots in the beta" but youve got a point the new bots are WAY better than the ones from the original superfighters.
0 x