Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Changing Movement

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
NoWay
Fighter
Fighter
Title: sfd youtuber
SFD Account: WayGamer
Started SFD: 1921

Changing Movement

Post by NoWay » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:45 pm

When you jump kick you can't actually change your movement , i suggest to remove that and make possibility for using any movement while jumping when you see that you can't punch or block at air while you jump and do one movement , i see that this is wrong and annoying in some situations ...
i have a image for an example : Image
0 x
do yo kno da wae ?

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:01 pm

I'm not sure what you mean. You can control your left/right movement in the air at any time whether you kick, attack or block by using the movement keys. Perhaps you mean something else when you refer to "movement"?
0 x
Gurt

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Gurt wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:01 pm
I'm not sure what you mean. You can control your left/right movement in the air at any time whether you kick, attack or block by using the movement keys. Perhaps you mean something else when you refer to "movement"?
Probably he means using actions like kicking and punching while jumping , but not only once and he wants to make it like possibilty to move after in-air actions
0 x
-Content-maker.

NoWay
Fighter
Fighter
Title: sfd youtuber
SFD Account: WayGamer
Started SFD: 1921

Post by NoWay » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:06 pm

Gurt wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:01 pm
actually i mean to add possibility for using any attack skill while jumping , because if you jump and use kick for example you can't punch or block after it ..
sorry for bad english
0 x
do yo kno da wae ?

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:19 pm

I suppose you mean to allow the player to be able to re-adjust their legs and land safely rather than kneeling after landing from a jump-kick, or even perform another mid-air attack after a jump kick, I will breifly criticize your suggestion even though that might not be what you meant (but I am very confident it is)

Kneeling is supposed to prevent spam and also to penalize if you fail to land the move, without it people would spam jump kicks and jump attacks(as if they don't spam it enough already)

But if you meant to be able to fit multiple attacks in a single jump before you hit the ground (and subsequently kneel) then that would be pretty spammy depending on how long it is before each attack, if it's instantaneous then it would be borderline exploitation(since people would be able to use block before hitting the ground to avoid kneeling), and if it was too long it wouldn't even be practical, not to mention it would seem pretty unrealistic.
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection